Whatsapp, native, works fine on my Classic and Passport. IF (that's capitalized) it does not work after June then use the apk. 4.3 versions will be supported by Whatsapp for at least a couple more years. And worst case if there is a loved one or friend that you wish to message/communicate with then have them use BBM with you. It works similarly. My buddy who moved to Germany and me use both.
    05-06-17 09:20 AM
    Us BB10 users need to be realistic - the Android Whatsapp APK may not work after 2017, should FB discontinue Whatsapp support for Android 4.3 Runtime. Until then, hold on to BB10 for as long as it continues to meet your needs!

Posted via CB10
    There is absolutely NO way Whatsapp stops working for 4.3 runtime devices in 2017 or even 18.
    05-06-17 09:22 AM
    Just got a used BlackBerry Classic today. I am not able to reset it since the old user forgot​ to logout of there respective BB ID. Is there any way to reset this phone so that I can use it?

Thanks.
    05-06-17 10:06 AM
    Tons of thanks - I downloaded latest version of WhatsApp as suggested by "ramiusm" and... WhatsApp is working again on my Classic BB!!!
    05-06-17 10:11 AM
    Just got a used BlackBerry Classic today. I am not able to reset it since the old user forgot​ to logout of there respective BB ID. Is there any way to reset this phone so that I can use it?

Thanks.
    You have to contact the old user and get his credentials - I suspect BlackBerry Protect is active and you'll need his BBID, otherwise the phone is useless.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 10:29 AM
    There is absolutely NO way Whatsapp stops working for 4.3 runtime devices in 2017 or even 18.
    Hope you're right!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 10:30 AM
    Hope you're right!

Posted via CB10
    2.3 is still supported.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:36 AM
    I have my concern about whatsapp as well. To that end, i have prepared my colleagues and family that i might migrate to Telegram, should WA truly dies after June. One can install Telegram apk from Google play store, or using the BB10 best client from the BBW, called "Dianbao For Telegram". It's free and works really great. The only drawback is that it cannot be used for wifi calls. The android version works great for everything, including wifi calls.

And besides, I really find it to be better than WA, especially with regards to the sound quality of wifi calling.
    05-06-17 11:15 PM
    I have my concern about whatsapp as well. To that end, i have prepared my colleagues and family that i might migrate to Telegram, should WA truly dies after June. One can install Telegram apk from Google play store, or using the BB10 best client from the BBW, called "Dianbao For Telegram". It's free and works really great. The only drawback is that it cannot be used for wifi calls. The android version works great for everything, including wifi calls.

And besides, I really find it to be better than WA, especially with regards to the sound quality of wifi calling.
    Don't all these solutions require that every app doesn't require ART 4.4 or greater?

For whatever reason, lately, it SEEMS, like a lot of apps have been updating their ART requirements? I say this only based on various complaints by posters lately.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 05:49 AM
    Don't all these solutions require that every app doesn't require ART 4.4 or greater?

For whatever reason, lately, it SEEMS, like a lot of apps have been updating their ART requirements? I say this only based on various complaints by posters lately.

Posted via CB10
    Generally, yes. The app/apk must have compatibility with android version 4.3 that the BB10's ART supports. There are many apps that do still--even today. You can even install an old version of Facebook and FB Messenger on BB10, and it'll work just fine. Don't update, though. Obviously.
    05-07-17 06:00 AM

Thanks.
    Simply: NO.
    My friend bought BB Z10 second handed and did put his email to bound it to BB ID. Then he forgot password and there is a security question option in the password recovery procedure which he also forgot. I did quite research regarding this and there is really no option how to reset this kind of LOCK. I also did buy a device locked to someone from another country, so Ive reached him, asked him if the device wasnt stolen and when he said that everything is ok, he unlocked the device remotely thru BB Protect website.

Now i have the device as an artifact at home, fully functional, but not sellable.....

I hope this helps, correct me someone if I am wrong.
    05-07-17 07:45 AM
36 12