Anybody see Jimmy's monologue last night (Dec 18, 2014)? He made fun of the Classic by acting like he was hand cranking an old fashioned phone. Fortunately, the joke fell flat and no one laughed. I suppose we can take comfort in the old Hollywood adage there is no bad press.
    12-19-14 05:06 PM
    Want he the one who missed his bb? Or was that kimel?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:13 PM
    Surprised nobody laughed, considering his show's demographic. Then again I never really thought he was funny anyway, so maybe it's no surprise after all.

Richard
    Bonnie Bonzai and andy957 like this.
    12-19-14 05:21 PM
    Fallon is die hard Apple. In fact it's his and Justin Timberlake's voice is those 6/6 plus ads.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-14 05:21 PM
    Not that this is even relevant, but I've always thought Fallons comedy was junk
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 12-19-14 at 11:44 PM.
    12-19-14 05:24 PM
    Fallon sucks.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:24 PM
    Fallon is lame. Conan is 1000 times funnier.

From a Z30
    12-19-14 05:31 PM
    I mean, Fallon makes fun of pretty much any and everything, whether the jokes fall flat or not.

I'm sure no one is naive enough to think the Classic will not be poked fun at. What's important is that people are talking about it. At least now folks will know that BlackBerry is still around.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 12-19-14 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Grammar
    12-19-14 05:41 PM
    You sure it was Fallon? I saw that joke done by Seth Myers last night....
    He did mention it was cool that BlackBerry was coming out with a new phone tho.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    bribert likes this.
    12-19-14 05:51 PM
    Jimmy Falon is a comedian.
    Comedians make fun of things.
    I wouldn't get too attached to it emotionally.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:10 PM
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Falon is a skinny jeans wearing hippy that worked on SNL and, until a few years ago, toured college campuses. He's a hero to the typical young and out of touch person who....in his own bubble....thinks he's smarter than the rest.
    andy957 and melb_me like this.
    12-19-14 08:15 PM
    Fallon is die hard Apple. In fact it's his and Justin Timberlake's voice is those 6/6 plus ads.
    The funny thing about those ads is that they make the claim that you can now sing or be sarcastic when reading a text to your phone, or use complicated long words...........but the ad doesn't ever show the phone actually converting their various examples to a text. Ever.

They realize their flock is so em-effing stoopid that they they don't even need evidence of the claim (let alone explain why you'd need to be sarcastic or sing a text), they'll just use it as another reason to convince themselves that they are safer in the borg collective.
    12-19-14 08:26 PM
    I'm surprised nobody laughed, considering Jimmy Fallon is usually the first to laugh at his own jokes and it's really annoying.
    BCITMike likes this.
    12-19-14 08:27 PM
    The funny thing about those ads is that they make the claim that you can now sing or be sarcastic when reading a text to your phone, or use complicated long words...........but the ad doesn't ever show the phone actually converting their various examples to a text. Ever.

They realize their flock is so em-effing stoopid that they they don't even need evidence of the claim (let alone explain why you'd need to be sarcastic or sing a text), they'll just use it as another reason to convince themselves that they are safer in the borg collective.
    I thought they just recorded and sent the audio, not translates it to text???

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-19-14 09:12 PM
    no one laughs at anything Fallon does but himself.

He sucks, and him and myers are the late night worst.

Brown noser to all celebs and never ever asks a smart question.

His show is mostly just moronic games.

I hate the guy with a passion.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:48 PM
    The only reason that stooge has his own show, is because he has contacts. That fool is the least funny human on TV. All he does is stand in front of a camera and read lame 'one liners' off the auto prompter. He has zero talent and no one with even half a brain respects him. His mono tone delivery of those pre scripted jokes, is awkward and embarrassing. Absolutely no cred, so who cares what he thinks.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-19-14 10:36 PM
    Jimmy Falcon.... never heard of him. Next...

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:43 PM
    I thought they just recorded and sent the audio, not translates it to text???

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    iOS8 can either send a voice recording through text message app or you can tap a different mic for speech to text and then send it as a text. It actually is really very accurate except for punctuation. In previous iOS7 and iO6 you could do this but only with use of Siri. Now you can do it straight in the text app. Either way, it's still an iPhone...

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-19-14 10:55 PM
    Can we watch the clip anywhere...

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-19-14 11:24 PM
    iOS8 can either send a voice recording through text message app or you can tap a different mic for speech to text and then send it as a text. It actually is really very accurate except for punctuation. In previous iOS7 and iO6 you could do this but only with use of Siri. Now you can do it straight in the text app. Either way, it's still an iPhone...

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    Oh ok, the commercial wasn't very specific about it, to me it just seemed like they were recording their voice to be sent as a little voice message.
    12-19-14 11:31 PM
    Falon tries to hard and yet he still is terrible.

#Teamcoco
    12-19-14 11:37 PM
    I think it was Seth Meyers because I watched him do the same thing you're describing. It can't be possible that Fallon and Meyers have the same monologue since their shows are back to back.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    12-19-14 11:49 PM
    Chrispmoto,

You may be right. It may have been Meyers. I know it was an NBC late night show. Fallon or Meyers, it still fell flat. Sorry about that and thanks for the correction.

Kurt

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:26 AM
    Seth Myers doing it here

Big difference between the two. I actually like Myers. I was a big fan of the BB Pearl line before they finally got around to the all touchscreen series, so I guess I'm between the new school and old school. Z10/Z30 all the way, but I can see why some people will continue to love the physical keyboard, despite being a minority demographic. Myers is doing BB a favor because publicity is good. Large portion of the crowd didn't even know what the Classic was until this joke routine!
    12-20-14 12:33 AM
    For the exception of newcomer Stephen Colbert none of those late night people are funny.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley, potatoguy and ponpiri like this.
    12-20-14 01:01 AM
80 123 ...