I'm not going to buy another desktop computer if I can avoid it. What for? This BlackBerry does most of what I need the computer for, except for printing documents via wi-fi to a printer (which I'm really surprised we can't do yet). This should be BlackBerry's mission - to render the desktop obsolete. Isn't it obvious that's where these smartphones are headed? C'mon Blackberry - build the Q20 that will allow me to go without having to buy another desktop!
    05-10-14 04:13 PM
    Yay! Would like to do without one too, but alas...need a larger screen to see things. still faster typing on my lappy than my phone.
    05-10-14 04:17 PM
    Coming from an upbringing of PC gaming generation i could never see my self living without a desktop computer!

I will admit my nerdiness level is rather high when it comes to computing so i get a lot of pleasure from repairing / upgrading / breaking computer software + hardware.

Nice 2 hear that your BB is so clutch in your computing needs tho.

-Ren
    05-10-14 04:18 PM
    I'm not going to buy another desktop computer if I can avoid it. What for? This BlackBerry does most of what I need the computer for, except for printing documents via wi-fi to a printer (which I'm really surprised we can't do yet). This should be BlackBerry's mission - to render the desktop obsolete. Isn't it obvious that's where these smartphones are headed? C'mon Blackberry - build the Q20 that will allow me to go without having to buy another desktop!
    Get print hand. It allows you to print documents over wifi

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-10-14 04:21 PM
    Get print hand. It allows you to print documents over wifi

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I second that...shame it's not built into the OS, but it does work very well, apart from email printing.

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-10-14 04:26 PM
    Coming from an upbringing of PC gaming generation i could never see my self living without a desktop computer!

I will admit my nerdiness level is rather high when it comes to computing so i get a lot of pleasure from repairing / upgrading / breaking computer software + hardware.

Nice 2 hear that your BB is so clutch in your computing needs tho.

-Ren
    +1

I've bought my last desktop computer quite a while ago, but only because anything other than building your own is sacrilege.
    05-10-14 05:47 PM
    I can't play the games I like on my BB with the graphical fidelity I demand from my games, so no, it'll never replace mine. Then again, I never "buy" desktops... I build or upgrade them...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    mkelley65, KDB84 and Ragbert like this.
    05-10-14 06:40 PM
    I'd like to get to a point where if I need a desktop experience, I can connect a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and scanner/printer to my mobile computing device.
    05-10-14 08:14 PM
    My office's fleet of ToughBooks have sat mostly idle since we were issued 9650's some years back. Without feeding too much info to our competitors i can explain that we're using our phones for production floor data entry, archiving connection diagram "as-builts", and archiving hand entered controller parameters. All by manipulating excel spreadsheets backed up via dropbox. Most of this data can be entered and manipulated with a single hand while the other hand turns conductor labels to see them or navigates the controller interface we're programming. Something that just can't be done with our ToughBooks. Something that we found significantly less efficient to do with BBRY's glass products. (Which is why, after a year of Z and Q we're back to 9930s and a few 9650s.) We also use our phones for phones, too. ToughBooks and PlayBooks are great devices but just too inconvenient to hold up to your ear and use as a phone... Desktop? We have a few servers. I have a watercooled overclock'd pc at home. Wires are ancient tech...
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-11-14 at 06:46 AM.
    05-11-14 06:24 AM
    My desktop could be due for replacement soon and would be nice if I can replace it with a Blackberry. If only my Blackberry can drive my few displays and run my graphic software.
    05-11-14 06:46 AM
    I still need my computer to manage my music library (extracting audio, tagging files, create .flac files), record what I play on my guitare.
    I also need it because of the size screen, the Q10 is too small for youtube IMO

Posted via my French Q10
    05-12-14 05:37 PM
    I thought u could print stuf with blackberry
    http://m.crackberry.com/wifi-printin...-print-premium

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone
    05-16-14 03:50 AM
    There are many android apps that do that, am using the canon app, it's brilliant.

I hope BlackBerry gets this option baked into the os, with driver updates and all!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    05-16-14 03:51 AM
    My desktop could be due for replacement soon and would be nice if I can replace it with a Blackberry. If only my Blackberry can drive my few displays and run my graphic software.
    Why is anyone in their right mind today even considering buying a Desktop computer??? Laptop or ultra book maybe but a desktop unless you're a major producer of media no point anymore - not even heavy gaming you'd see major performance gains not without huge investments to the tune of double or more the price of a desktop PC entry.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 07:50 AM
    The day I can play BF4 on a phone and fold like I do, than I will give up my computer. Until than no way.
    ronfc likes this.
    05-21-14 07:54 AM
    Why is anyone in their right mind today even considering buying a Desktop computer??? Laptop or ultra book maybe but a desktop unless you're a major producer of media no point anymore - not even heavy gaming you'd see major performance gains not without huge investments to the tune of double or more the price of a desktop PC entry.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, because a gaming laptop with the same power will cost twice as much and be twice as loud and won't have a monitor as large and beautiful unless I then pay another thousand for an even larger laptop, then the keyboard is also not going to be as good, and cannot adjust the placement and angle like I would want...

Have you ever considered that MAYBE not everyone has the same needs and preferences as yourself? I know, crazy concept...

05-21-14 10:33 AM
    my q10 replaced my laptop last year
    05-21-14 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Until you can build your own laptop from start to finish, I would have to disagree.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-21-14 10:21 PM
    I am one of those few who have a desktop, decapitated laptop, tablet pc, playbook tablet, 6 blackberries (two are alarm clocks, one marked lost/stolen by the dishonest seller I bought it from who ran with the $$$), two of them serve as media streamers/video recorders, 9900 and Q10 for main turn by turn use.

Can never abandon my pc for anything! Why? I edit/upload tons of video, use linux mint for all of it too and dual booting many operating systems, something a phone cannot do still.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-22-14 12:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    What?.... this is completely wrong... i can get twice the performance for half the price in a desktop compared to a laptop.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-22-14 12:46 AM
    Well, I don't know about y'all, but I am through with room-filling computers that require continuous air conditioning and magnetic tape storage. I'm through, finished, fini, complevit, terminado. No more for me.

Seriously, it is amazing how much computing power one can hold in ones hand.
    05-23-14 06:20 PM
    Well, I don't know about y'all, but I am through with room-filling computers that require continuous air conditioning and magnetic tape storage. I'm through, finished, fini, complevit, terminado. No more for me.

Seriously, it is amazing how much computing power one can hold in ones hand.
    Um... Yah... Please don't talk about computers again until after you learn a bit more about them. mmmmkay?

05-23-14 09:00 PM
    Depends on your needs, mine are pretty high. However one thing I can say about phone and my iPad, is I'm starting to get the idea that I can finally ditch my laptop and get a high end desktop workstation.
    05-23-14 09:45 PM
    Depends on your needs, mine are pretty high. However one thing I can say about phone and my iPad, is I'm starting to get the idea that I can finally ditch my laptop and get a high end desktop workstation.
    I agree with that. The laptop is pretty replaceable, but my desktop, until I can play all of the latest games using my big beautiful monitor, my mouse and keyboard or steering wheel, with my surround sound system, all with just my phone? Then HELL NO will it replace my desktop...

05-23-14 10:09 PM
    I will never part with my desktop or my laptop. Maybe 5 years down the road but not now!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    05-23-14 10:26 PM
45 12