I have a feeling that it's going to be more successful then the Passport but I don't want it to be. When I first saw the Classic I thought to myself is Blackberry losing it and taking a backward direction.

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs.

The other thing is people are going to instantly judge Blackberry as a "so...2005 thing" because the Classic looks like any other phones that was created 5 years ago. It's just not a good image when people already thinks Blackberry is no longer an innovative company.
    11-20-14 01:50 PM
    You are forgetting about all those people still using the 9900. Business, for the most part, doesn't care about looks. Only about production.
    11-20-14 01:58 PM
    So it looks like any other phone that was done 10years ago .....

Today nearly all phones look the same, so being the only producer of classy qwerty can be an advantage.......i mean after BlackBerry there is no one else left making them.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:08 PM
    I think that Blackberry is in trouble mostly because of the "innovations". Many Blackberry users have been just happy with Bold 9900. I work in high tech industry and I still rather repair my two Bolds' keyboards than get a different phone (fighting with our corporate IT to keep old Blackberry). I may buy the newest computers or iPads but my phones have not changed since 2011. By the way, I also recently got a new turntable and am still buying vinyl because even 24/192 HD audio is not better than analog music reproduction.
    Qaddafi, all3n7, mkiiw and 8 others like this.
    11-20-14 02:44 PM
    I have a feeling that it's going to be more successful then the Passport but I don't want it to be. When I first saw the Classic I thought to myself is Blackberry losing it and taking a backward direction.

I think they need to innovate like the Passport which I just purchased and love so much. My selfish ways is telling me I don't want Blackberry to keep wasting time on making pre historic phones coming back form the dead, instead focus more time on innovative designs.

The other thing is people are going to instantly judge Blackberry as a "so...2005 thing" because the Classic looks like any other phones that was created 5 years ago. It's just not a good image when people already thinks Blackberry is no longer an innovative company.
    I think the only risk is that it looks too much like the Bold and users will say "oh I had that years ago and moved on"
    thymaster and johnnyuk like this.
    11-20-14 02:55 PM
    Hey... Apple has been doing the same phone for 7 years !
    11-20-14 03:08 PM
    I see a lot of big business people still using Bold 9900
    11-20-14 03:18 PM
    You are forgetting about all those people still using the 9900. Business, for the most part, doesn't care about looks. Only about production.
    Indeed, but you are also forgetting that OS7 are still more Productive than BB10.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    11-20-14 03:34 PM
    I find this to be a ridiculous conclusion honestly. If BlackBerry wants to make a profit on hardware they'll need at least 3 types of BB10 devices. High-end touch, high-end qwerty and mid end qwerty. I think it's a waste of time to do more than that.

Posted via CB10
    mkiiw, Spawn12, riss89 and 1 others like this.
    11-20-14 03:39 PM
    Indeed, but you are also forgetting that OS7 are still more Productive than BB10.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    Hmm I don't think so.... doesn't sound to be true at all especially with the Classic and latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 03:41 PM
    As a 9900 user for work, and Z30 for personal, I can say without hesitation that I prefer the bold for my work only functions (email,call, text, BBM). It's the best keyboard on a phone, with my only issues being the poor ish battery life, crappy Web browser and map functions.

I would get a Classic in a heartbeat if the keyboard tactile feedback is the same as on the bold.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-20-14 04:11 PM
    As a 9900 user for work, and Z30 for personal, I can say without hesitation that I prefer the bold for my work only functions (email,call, text, BBM). It's the best keyboard on a phone, with my only issues being the poor ish battery life, crappy Web browser and map functions.

I would get a Classic in a heartbeat if the keyboard tactile feedback is the same as on the bold.

Posted via CB10
    Poor performance decreases productivity not sure if most BBOS user is taking that into account. Classic should have no performance issues.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    11-20-14 04:12 PM

"Prehistoric"? May I ask how old you are? Are you the generation "Snapchat"?

So, a tool or professional handset which excels in every aspect in life, is "prehistoric"? Are you serious? Just because of the buttons, and no "hipey" full touch or hologram??? I CRACK UP here. So according to your arguments, the driving wheels shall be replaced by funky and hipster-cool glass? Do you use a glass-keyboard at home?

Whatever you smoke bruh, don't abuse it.
    11-20-14 04:16 PM
    Funny how people never listen to what Chen has been saying.... Enterprise is the focus... consumer market is simply spill over.. the Classic was produced and targeted at Enterprise for the simple reason... it is what Enterprise wants..... The old phones were durable and in many cased in use for years... music to enterprise ears... if BB has any chance of surviving it has to get Enterprise onto BB10 and this is the most logical way.... It is always possible it could be the death of BB in the consumer market..... which many already think... for BB to survive right now Enterprise is the way to go.....
    11-20-14 04:19 PM
    Hey... Apple has been doing the same phone for 7 years !
    That's true, and look how many handsets have copied it's form. All of the android's, all of the windows phone's, the Z10, Z30, and the Z3. The Classic is at least different to all the full touch devices. I'm hoping a there will be some nostalgia from ex-blackberry users.

Still loving the Q10............ Until I get a Classic.
    11-20-14 04:24 PM
    Funny how people never listen to what Chen has been saying.... Enterprise is the focus... consumer market is simply spill over.. the Classic was produced and targeted at Enterprise for the simple reason... it is what Enterprise wants..... The old phones were durable and in many cased in use for years... music to enterprise ears... if BB has any chance of surviving it has to get Enterprise onto BB10 and this is the most logical way.... It is always possible it could be the death of BB in the consumer market..... which many already think... for BB to survive right now Enterprise is the way to go.....
    Exactly. That's how you make people leave BB7 and choose the superior OS that not enough people have used.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-20-14 04:31 PM
    Don't forget it is with OS 10.3.1 giving the Bold people a chance to get to know the software without losing their trusted hardware.
    Those people will now try quicker the new OS and the next step will be easier. So I think it is just a step in between... to get them over...
    11-20-14 05:01 PM
    This topic has been both brought up and discussed in many different ways.

In my view a keeping a key productivity feature that is used and required can be by no means regarded as regressive.

Otherwise the same agrument could be easily made to point out how ainchent LED notification is, yet (thankfully) nobody seems to complain about it.
    11-20-14 05:02 PM
    Prehistoric?
    See, I made a post joking about how using a laptop with a keyboard and touch pad is so outdated and people just didn't get it.

This type of post is what I wad taking about.

Saying that the classic blackberry device style is useless and antiquated just because you don't have a need for it it like saying that trucks are stupid and no one needs them because your Prius is all anyone needs to get to work.

Newsflash here: not everyone has the same needs when it comes to TOOLS, which is what a phone is.

The fact that most people buy a phone as a toy first, and maybe last as well doesn't negate the fact that some buy as a tool first and need what the classic offers, even if it means that we will have to use something else to watch movies on.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 05:09 PM

Don't be selfish because Blackberry hardware business is not going to survive without the user base that the classic is targeting, all those BBOS users who did not upgrade to any BB10 device.
    acovey likes this.
    11-20-14 06:07 PM
    That is only a 'quantitative' approach. The same view that Heins and his team while making BB10.0.x thought when so many features where missing from the "classic" BBOS. Look how well that fared BlackBerry after the first 4 months of launch!!

Those '9900' users will be considering the following:
    Cost of Contract pricing and/or Full Retail price of the 'Classic'
    Price Plans - especially how much data is available for device (and if can be tethered and unrestricted how many devices to be tethered)
    ^ this will be a BIG factor in all considerations - most affected by availability for coverage by carrier!!!
    Carriers offering it upon launch and first quarter (3mths from date of official launch)
    Perceived value of the device to the consumer!!
    Price of competiting devices and such song of friends about "apps" and "this device can do anything, la la la la" (BULL)

Qualitative!!
    If BlackBerry's ONLY focus is about producitivity ... which it seems ALL is being done ... you can kiss about 60% (my gestimate) of current 9900 hold-outs goodbye. This is 2014 and you can definitely see the Passports success is MORE than just:
    Productivity,
    Large Screen,
    BlackBerry Assistant,
    BlackBerry Blend,
    Hybrid Keyboard,
    Slim design,
    Specs,
    Keyboard shortcuts .... etc!

And yes it's BlackBerry not BlackBeRrY (BBRY as the USA stock market has it listed)
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-20-14 06:11 PM
    I don't see how building a similar looking device to devices from a few years ago is always a bad thing. Sure, a new star-tac might be a bad idea, but exactly how else do you package a keyboard with a screen? It's a tried and true design. Iphones are still rectangular slabs with an all-glass screen, just like they were 7 years ago. The app situation is certainly getting better and with the newest 10.3.1.1151 leak, pretty much all of my android apps run just fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    11-20-14 06:33 PM
    I don't see how building a similar looking device to devices from a few years ago is always a bad thing. Sure, a new star-tac might be a bad idea, but exactly how else do you package a keyboard with a screen? It's a tried and true design. Iphones are still rectangular slabs with an all-glass screen, just like they were 7 years ago. The app situation is certainly getting better and with the newest 10.3.1.1151 leak, pretty much all of my android apps run just fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    And if BlackBerry 10 grows enough for developers to notice I don't see it getting worse. In fact BlackBerry might be able to focus on consumer apps once their profits come in consistently.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:37 PM
    Phones aren't toys they are production and communication tools
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-20-14 06:42 PM
    Oh yes, the whole "backward" argument again. Yah, you know, after those steering-wheel-less concept cars being showed, I can't believe these auto makers are going backwards by releasing cars with steering wheels. I mean, psh, really? Is this like 1901??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-20-14 08:25 PM
83 123 ...