The president of the company finally upgraded from a bold 9900 to a new Blackberry classic.

Everything went well except i can not for the life of me get his phone to work with his car. The 9900 works perfectly..

I tried deleting all the profiles from the car, adding the phone, etc.

on the cars nav system i go to connections and then update which searches for phones. It fines his and asks me to enter a passcode. I do this and then the phone asks me for a pass code. i enter it and then it says its done. Under the bluetooth menu on the phone i see the connection but when it just says saved. If i click on it to connect it says " the device has too many connections". There is nothing else connected.

From the MB nav system if i select telephone it says connecting to the phone but then doesn't do anything.

If i select and hold the cars saved connection and go to the options on the side it doesnt show anything for hands free, just sms and the email accounts, which are enabled, but show as disconnected.

GRRR>
    01-13-15 04:15 PM
    The president of the company finally upgraded from a bold 9900 to a new Blackberry classic.

Everything went well except i can not for the life of me get his phone to work with his car. The 9900 works perfectly..

I tried deleting all the profiles from the car, adding the phone, etc.

on the cars nav system i go to connections and then update which searches for phones. It fines his and asks me to enter a passcode. I do this and then the phone asks me for a pass code. i enter it and then it says its done. Under the bluetooth menu on the phone i see the connection but when it just says saved. If i click on it to connect it says " the device has too many connections". There is nothing else connected.

From the MB nav system if i select telephone it says connecting to the phone but then doesn't do anything.

If i select and hold the cars saved connection and go to the options on the side it doesnt show anything for hands free, just sms and the email accounts, which are enabled, but show as disconnected.

GRRR>
    Have you tried updating the car's firmware? My Renault Clio from 2013 works great with all my BB10 devices.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-13-15 04:18 PM
    Make sure rSAP is selected in your Bluetooth settings. I have a new A6 and no issues. Test drove a Merc E class and connected instantly with Passport and no issues. Same when I rent cars, even in Europe.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:29 PM
    I enabled rsap and the same thing. Deleted from both phone and car rebooted phone, shut off car, restarted. Renamed device. Same issue

Don't get it. But the Web has a lot of people who have issues with BlackBerry 10 issues with mercedes

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:05 PM
    Wish I could help further. My passport connects instantly to my Audi and wife's BMW. Music streams, all contacts load, Blackberry Assistant integrates. No problems. Try contacting a local dealer as they may have info or you can at least try connecting to one of their demo vehicles and maybe sort out the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:49 AM
    It took me a little while to get my Z10 connected to a 2008 C300 but I did manage it once. I think the trick was, instead of doing it the obvious way, thru Bluetooth settings, I deleted the profiles, then went thru the system menu. Sorry I am not clear, it is the wife's car. I did notice that only the phone profile was supported, not the audio.
    01-14-15 10:25 AM
    Try this: delete profiles on both phone and car.

1- Goto bluetooth setting on car, select "search by phone" thus search from the phone to car and not car to phone
    2- Phone will show mbenz found. Click on it. Will ask about pass. say yes on phone and car. Now to remember so select the tick box on phone before saying yes the last time.
    3- Import contact

Hope this solves your issue
    OT16 likes this.
    01-14-15 10:44 AM