I'm looking to return to Blackberry after a 4 year spell of using iPhone/iOS.

I really can't decide between the Q10 and the Classic? Just wondering if the Q screen size/brightness will be a big drop when I am used to the iPhone.

The portability of it really appeals to me though.

How does the build quality compare between the Q and the Classic, just a little concerned about light bleed on it and some people saying it is quite large and heavy for a qwerty phone.
    11-25-15 05:57 AM
    I have had the Classic for a year now never a problem no light bleed the weight is a little heavier than Q10 however you will get used to it feels like Quality to me and the screen is a bigger size and like the Q10 it is a nice size to fit in pockets .
    11-25-15 06:22 AM
    I've used a Q10 and now a blue Classic it's much better in terms of performance, screen brightness and everything else. Classic is a little bit bigger but not the much difference, I adjusted immediately to the differences.

Get the Blue classic it looks sexy than the black in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:32 AM
    Sitting here comparing my Classic with a client's i6, I'd say the Classic is a good 1/4" shorter than the i6. About 1/8" wider. Maybe an ounce heavier.

I have a deactivated Q10 in a drawer in my desk. It's certainly comfortably compact and it sports swappable battery. It has NO toolbelt.

Lack of toolbelt means it's dependent on glass GUI for virtually everything. Q10's relatively small screen makes performing some tasks a maddeningly frustrating experience, IMO. Without toolbelt, that is.

Toolbelt & trackpad are "the great equalizer". . Whether working with tiny screens or monster screens. Even when Miracasting my Classic onto our conference room's 99 inch monster!

If you can borrow a Q10, make a call and hang up and see if that's something you're comfortable with on that small screen. Difficulty to end calls is a BIG reason my Q stays in a drawer.

Unfortunately, IMO, BB no longer makes the device you might be looking for. I still carry a 9900 that is compact AND has toolbelt, like the BB you used 4 yrs ago. I also usually dual carry a Classic. A compromised solution might be as good as it gets. Since you're already familiar with toolbelt and the i6's oversized form, you might find the Classic's shorter form factor at least tolerable. Toolbelt will place most relevant functionality within easy thumb reach, anyway. I'd predict frustration with the Q10's lack of toolbelt combined with its small screen.

As far as build quality, my company has been abusing 30+ Classics for ten months. NO self inflicted problems. Not even double type. Fwiw.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    11-25-15 07:48 AM
    Classic, no doubts!
    Bigger and brighter screen, toolbelt, form factor. A bit heavy but u get used to it

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:02 AM
    Sitting here comparing my Classic with a client's i6, I'd say the Classic is a good 1/4" shorter than the i6. About 1/8" wider. Maybe an ounce heavier.

I have a deactivated Q10 in a drawer in my desk. It's certainly comfortably compact and it sports swappable battery. It has NO toolbelt.

Lack of toolbelt means it's dependent on glass GUI for virtually everything. Q10's relatively small screen makes performing some tasks a maddeningly frustrating experience, IMO. Without toolbelt, that is.

Toolbelt & trackpad are "the great equalizer". . Whether working with tiny screens or monster screens. Even when Miracasting my Classic onto our conference room's 99 inch monster!

If you can borrow a Q10, make a call and hang up and see if that's something you're comfortable with on that small screen. Difficulty to end calls is a BIG reason my Q stays in a drawer.

Unfortunately, IMO, BB no longer makes the device you might be looking for. I still carry a 9900 that is compact AND has toolbelt, like the BB you used 4 yrs ago. I also usually dual carry a Classic. A compromised solution might be as good as it gets. Since you're already familiar with toolbelt and the i6's oversized form, you might find the Classic's shorter form factor at least tolerable. Toolbelt will place most relevant functionality within easy thumb reach, anyway. I'd predict frustration with the Q10's lack of toolbelt combined with its small screen.

As far as build quality, my company has been abusing 30+ Classics for ten months. NO self inflicted problems. Not even double type. Fwiw.
    Appreciate the feedback. I think the screen size of the Q10 may be a bit of a gamble for me, the Classic seems a nice compromise.
    wilber1 and idssteve like this.
    11-25-15 08:07 AM
    I'm looking to return to Blackberry after a 4 year spell of using iPhone/iOS.

I really can't decide between the Q10 and the Classic? Just wondering if the Q screen size/brightness will be a big drop when I am used to the iPhone.

The portability of it really appeals to me though.

How does the build quality compare between the Q and the Classic, just a little concerned about light bleed on it and some people saying it is quite large and heavy for a qwerty phone.
    Go with a Classic. It is everything a Q10 is and more!
    The keyboard on my Classic is holding up much better. All the buttons still look new after a year. Where as the Q10 had paint rubbing off the letters that were used most.

Also the Classic has a larger screen. So the transition from all-touch will be better than going to a smaller Q10 screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:59 AM
    Go with a Classic. It is everything a Q10 is and more!
    The keyboard on my Classic is holding up much better. All the buttons still look new after a year. Where as the Q10 had paint rubbing off the letters that were used most.

Also the Classic has a larger screen. So the transition from all-touch will be better than going to a smaller Q10 screen.

Posted via CB10
    Don't even bother with the Q10, the Classic is worth it for the larger screen and trackpad which is excellent for text editing, especially on larger and longer documents. It's what the Q10 should have been when it launched back in 2013...
    11-25-15 02:48 PM
    Classic

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 02:54 PM
    -Initially, and this is day 2 with my Classic...
    -Also, while I had a year with the Q10, I had a 7 month gap without it before I picked up my Classic.

The Q10 is still the Champ.

I base this largely on the feel, comfort and size of the phone which is what I hold key.
    I prefer the Q10's keyboard, more for placement and how it fit in the hand/s than how the buttons feel as others have claimed the Classic is better in that aspect.
    I prefer the backing material of the Q10 to the Classic as it just felt easier to grip and the Classic with a backing that is a *little slippery but by no means bad like some other phones out there.
    The Q10 is a better one-handed phone. I don't have very large nor small hands and while I can make it work on the Classic, the Q10 is a much more natural/comfortable phone to use with one hand.
    The Q10 is also more comfortable in two hands. The overall dimensions (height, weight, build...) make it a more comfortable phone; 1 or 2 handed but especially for 1 handed use.
    Swiping up on the phone is so much better on the Q10 because without the belt and the trackpad, I swipe directly up the middle of the screen. It feel natural and precise. On the Classic, I have to just swipe off to the side a bit to avoid the trackpad that holds its location directly centre in the phone..
    As the ultimate work horse phone, I suspect the Q10 will be King.
    That being said, I am excited to get more hands on with the Classic and see how things go with time. Holding an iPhone 5s so swapping a Nano between the two is a small bonus over the nano-micro swap with the Q10.

ps: every time I get a new phone I am little cautious about holding/dropping it. Once I get the initial scratch and bump out of the way, I just enjoy the phone more as I worry about the first drop.
    11-25-15 04:54 PM
    -Initially, and this is day 2 with my Classic...
    -Also, while I had a year with the Q10, I had a 7 month gap without it before I picked up my Classic.

The Q10 is still the Champ.

I base this largely on the feel, comfort and size of the phone which is what I hold key.
    I prefer the Q10's keyboard, more for placement and how it fit in the hand/s than how the buttons feel as others have claimed the Classic is better in that aspect.
    I prefer the backing material of the Q10 to the Classic as it just felt easier to grip and the Classic with a backing that is a *little slippery but by no means bad like some other phones out there.
    The Q10 is a better one-handed phone. I don't have very large nor small hands and while I can make it work on the Classic, the Q10 is a much more natural/comfortable phone to use with one hand.
    The Q10 is also more comfortable in two hands. The overall dimensions (height, weight, build...) make it a more comfortable phone; 1 or 2 handed but especially for 1 handed use.
    Swiping up on the phone is so much better on the Q10 because without the belt and the trackpad, I swipe directly up the middle of the screen. It feel natural and precise. On the Classic, I have to just swipe off to the side a bit to avoid the trackpad that holds its location directly centre in the phone..
    As the ultimate work horse phone, I suspect the Q10 will be King.
    That being said, I am excited to get more hands on with the Classic and see how things go with time. Holding an iPhone 5s so swapping a Nano between the two is a small bonus over the nano-micro swap with the Q10.

ps: every time I get a new phone I am little cautious about holding/dropping it. Once I get the initial scratch and bump out of the way, I just enjoy the phone more as I worry about the first drop.
    Seidio makes a good case, if your in need. The convert case is the one I have. I use the thin inner shell for when i'm at home, and then I add the outer two layers for when i'm at work and need the extra protection.

Posted via CB10
    Bleeks81 likes this.
    11-25-15 09:42 PM
    Classic of course. 1) You will get a toolbelt which gives you a perfect operation with emails. 2)You will get a stronger battery life.

Posted via Classic
    11-26-15 02:08 AM