If you are considering a classic, but are unsure due to the finals details not being released yet, what will it take for you to buy one?

For me I won't pay more than $400.
    Less if it is only the same specs as a q10.

The battery needs to be at least 75% better in actual life (not necessarily capacity) than my current z10.

I am pretty sure it will have a paratek antenna but if it doesn't I would look elsewhere.

I am confident that the screen will be OK. The camera looks to be fine. The call quality and speakers seem to be excellent from reviews as well.

I may order one direct as soon as it's out, just depends on details.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:30 AM
    It has a toolbelt, that's enough for me
    10-22-14 10:45 AM
    It has dual sim capabilities, paratek antenna, and long battery life ( at least 3 days mix use with 4G and wifi on)

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:06 AM
    I'm using a Q10 now, and I really like it. I have a Z10 also that I use from time to time, but the Q10 has really been my main phone. For me it's not if but when I buy the Classic; and that will be as soon as it becomes available. I'm sure that the Passport is a very slick instrument, but I like to wear my phone in a holster on my belt, and I just can't see that happening with a Passport.
    10-22-14 11:21 AM
    I also like the holster.
    It took me over a year to get an OEM holster for my z10.
    I kept it in cases to protect it, but I am not doing that next time.
    It works best in a holster and I want to just use it. Not worry that I will break it all of the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:12 PM
    I'll buy the classic if...it's released in Canada. . . lol I need an upgrade at work
    10-22-14 12:47 PM
    It has dual sim capabilities, paratek antenna, and long battery life ( at least 3 days mix use with 4G and wifi on)

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get the dual sim thing from?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 01:59 PM
    Where did you get the dual sim thing from?

Posted via CB10
    I think it is a response to my question.
    He is saying he would buy one if it had dual sim.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:43 PM
    ... it comes to US Cellular, as Verizon is not an option for me because of coverage.
    10-22-14 06:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well then, the Classic is not for you. We know for a fact that it doesn't have a dual sim slot.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.3.1.821
    knownastron likes this.
    10-22-14 07:39 PM
    If you are considering a classic, but are unsure due to the finals details not being released yet, what will it take for you to buy one?

For me I won't pay more than $400.
    Less if it is only the same specs as a q10.

The battery needs to be at least 75% better in actual life (not necessarily capacity) than my current z10.

I am pretty sure it will have a paratek antenna but if it doesn't I would look elsewhere.

I am confident that the screen will be OK. The camera looks to be fine. The call quality and speakers seem to be excellent from reviews as well.

I may order one direct as soon as it's out, just depends on details.

Posted via CB10
    A screen of the same standard or better than what is in my Q10, from what i hear, its gonna be a bit of a downgrade.

The other gripes i have with the removal of HDMI out and the non-removable battery i can somewhat look past if the price is right. I was very excited about the Classic, but now i have decided i will not be buying one as i cant justify a downgrade in any category from a device i am buying NEWER than my current device. That doesnt make sense to me.
    10-22-14 07:58 PM
    A screen of the same standard or better than what is in my Q10, from what i hear, its gonna be a bit of a downgrade.

The other gripes i have with the removal of HDMI out and the non-removable battery i can somewhat look past if the price is right. I was very excited about the Classic, but now i have decided i will not be buying one as i cant justify a downgrade in any category from a device i am buying NEWER than my current device. That doesnt make sense to me.
    I think the screen will be better the q10 screen looked very poor in comparison to the z10 LCD. So the Classic should have a better looking screen and those that have seen it say it looks great.
    There is still HDMI, just with a different type of connector and there is even VGA which the q10 didn't have.

I would also prefer a removable battery but if it gets a lot better battery life then that would make up for it.
    I think it's either the same or before in all areas, it's just disappointing that it might not be any faster.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 08:12 PM
    It's been talked about a lot and still nothing!
    If the classic doesn't make my coffee I'm walking.
    10-22-14 08:26 PM
    I'm doubting to buy either a Q10 right now or a classic. The reason why Q10 is on top at the moment is because of its low price.
    I'm waiting to see how much the classic will be sold for, as if it's close to the current Q10 price I might wait a bit longer for the classic.
    10-22-14 08:36 PM
    I think the screen will be better the q10 screen looked very poor in comparison to the z10 LCD. So the Classic should have a better looking screen and those that have seen it say it looks great.
    There is still HDMI, just with a different type of connector and there is even VGA which the q10 didn't have.

I would also prefer a removable battery but if it gets a lot better battery life then that would make up for it.
    I think it's either the same or before in all areas, it's just disappointing that it might not be any faster.

Posted via CB10
    i dont know how you could say the screen will be better (you said this before aswell in another thread?) but maybe you had a faulty Q10?

I have been using AMOLED screens for a number of years now (came from the samsung galaxy lines to the Q10) and every time i use an LCD now the colours are so washed out and the screen just feels 'flat' if that makes sense. Also true blacks on the AMOLED screens are gorgeous. I have recently got myself a Passport (which im looking to sell now) and i can honestly say the screen on the Passport does not come close to the Q10's quality. Yes the Passport's screen is sharper, but the colours look washed out and the blacks pretty terrible. Since the Classic will have a lower budget LCD screen as compared to the Passport's LCD screen i cant see how the Classic is gonna have a better screen in any respect to the Q10's screen. Especially since the Classic is keeping the same resolution as the Q10 yet having a slightly larger frame, meaning less PPI and clarity, so it will not be as sharp. I cant believe people can claim the Classic's screen will be crisper/sharper than the Q10's, thats just not physically possible given the specs!

I know there are people out there that proclaim they hate AMOLEDs because, lol get this, "the colours are too vibrant/lively/colourful", like wtf? you prefer more washed out colours as opposed to more fleshed out vibrant colours? i never understood this criticism but i guess to each their own i suppose. Also the Passport has a "Colour Saturation" slider, so maybe the new OS will have this too, so they cant really complain about OLEDs being "too vibrant" as you will be able to tone it down if you want to. I set the Saturation to max on the Passport, still does not beat the Q10's colour reproduction....
    10-22-14 10:34 PM
    Yes, the colors are nice but it looks grainy to me.
    It's also not as bright.

But it's obviously a matter of preference since I see a lot of people on both sides.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:35 PM
    It's been talked about a lot and still nothing!
    If the classic doesn't make my coffee I'm walking.
    Well, it will make your coffee in Canada, just get the Timmy me app.
    But in the US it takes a side load of Android :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:38 PM
    Yes, the colors are nice but it looks grainy to me.
    It's also not as bright.

But it's obviously a matter of preference since I see a lot of people on both sides.

Posted via CB10
    Thats funny i have my brightness setting to the lowest setting on my Q10! i find it it bright enough :/

if you thought the Q10 wasn't clear/sharp enough, what makes you think the Classic's screen will be better? the specs are lower in almost all regards???
    10-22-14 11:06 PM
    I'm doubting to buy either a Q10 right now or a classic. The reason why Q10 is on top at the moment is because of its low price.
    I'm waiting to see how much the classic will be sold for, as if it's close to the current Q10 price I might wait a bit longer for the classic.
    Same. The Xperia Z3 Compact has way better specs and sells for €470-550 in my country. I don't want to pay that much for a phone. The Q10 still costs €270-300 , that's about what I would pay for a phone, but not for one thats 1.5 years old. I like how the classic looks, but if apart from that it's just as good as the Q10 for over €400 I'm not going to buy one. I hope the classic will cost €300-350 and will have an amoled screen, then I'll buy one.
    10-23-14 02:27 AM
    If it has 3 GB RAM

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:23 AM
    Thats funny i have my brightness setting to the lowest setting on my Q10! i find it it bright enough :/

if you thought the Q10 wasn't clear/sharp enough, what makes you think the Classic's screen will be better? the specs are lower in almost all regards???
    there is no official specs about the classic yet and ure all about saying it's a downgrade, dude take a chill pill. It's not by force to buy the device.
    IMO d classic looks better than Q10
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 308693
    10-23-14 06:52 AM
    The classic has the same or before specs for everything. It's the same that is the problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:28 AM
    I was considering the Classic (I have a Q10 now..., and I LOVE that beast!!!), but now I'm thinking of getting the Passport. The Classic, (even if it ends up having better specs and configuration than the Q10) to me it is still an upgraded Q10 in design (just like the Q10, in design, was more of an upgraded Bold 9900)..., the Passport is different in form and design factor, I want to try something different for now.
    10-23-14 08:49 AM
    I'll get the Classic because I want a physical keyboard with tool belt bb10 device. I don't care about specs as clearly bb10 can be run efficiently on the specs that it has. My only gripe would be the camera other than that I'm getting the classic no doubt or maybe a Z30 but I'm leaning 95% towards the classic.

Posted via CB10
    ctrll and momofteme like this.
    10-23-14 12:08 PM
    there is no official specs about the classic yet and ure all about saying it's a downgrade, dude take a chill pill. It's not by force to buy the device.
    IMO d classic looks better than Q10
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 308693
    I will eat my hat and post the video on Crackberry forums if the specs turn out any different than what has been rumoured as of late.
    10-23-14 01:02 PM
63 123