I want a BB Classic with the same internals as the new HTC A9 (Snapdragon 617, 3 gb RAM, 32 gb storage, etc) and I want it to run Android 6.0 on one version, and BB10(+) on the other. The size of the phone is perfect, love the keyboard, the screen is good, but I want Android 6.0. I think with dual o/s versions this phone would sell. And the object, is it not, is to keep BB alive?
    Hulk123 likes this.
    11-11-15 07:51 AM
    I think the object is for BlackBerry to make a profit. Once that happens they will have more wiggle room to make more devices but right now the top priority is to make a profit

Posted from my Passport
    11-11-15 08:17 AM
    OP - I'm with you. What a brilliant combination that would be!!!!
    11-11-15 11:35 AM
    The size is perfect for me, and with great internals, this would be a world class phone! It might even tempt my wife away from her iPhone 6.

OP - I'm with you. What a brilliant combination that would be!!!!
    11-13-15 09:10 AM
    Android and the Android apps do not work with the hard buttons on the toolbelt and also barely makes use of the keyboard (no shortcuts, just for typing), so I think a Classic running Android would be kind of sacrificing screen size for nothing. I would love what you're talking about running BB10 though, and definitely a better camera...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-13-15 09:51 AM
    Say hello to the BlackBerry "Vienna".

You can't always get what you want...

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    11-13-15 08:35 PM
    No, but it appears to be darn close.

Say hello to the BlackBerry "Vienna".

You can't always get what you want...

Posted via my Blackberry Classic
    11-22-15 09:35 PM
    I would buy one!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 11:52 AM
    Why does BB love sharp square corners?
    11-29-15 07:40 PM
    Why does BB love sharp square corners?
    They're clearly stuck in the past where they WERE successful

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    11-30-15 12:04 PM
    They're clearly stuck in the past where they WERE successful

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    Odd, don't remember any old phones with sharp corners... both my Bolds had round corners and same with the Curves my friends had/has...

11-30-15 12:33 PM
    I still want a Classic running Android 6.0...
    01-22-16 10:29 AM
    Look at the renders of the "new Androids", they look sharp cornered. I still want an Android running classic. I really want one. App selection, and classic BB styling, a match made in heaven.

Odd, don't remember any old phones with sharp corners... both my Bolds had round corners and same with the Curves my friends had/has...

09-06-16 07:07 AM
    Android and the Android apps do not work with the hard buttons on the toolbelt and also barely makes use of the keyboard (no shortcuts, just for typing), so I think a Classic running Android would be kind of sacrificing screen size for nothing. I would love what you're talking about running BB10 though, and definitely a better camera...

Back in the day, there was a samsung with a trackpad running Android
    While the toolbelt wouldn't be as effective as it would be on a BB10 or BBOS, but that's not to say it would be absolutely worthless! The back key could be used as a back key, the end button as the home button and the BlackBerry button as the recent apps view. The trackpad would be good for navigation and also for text selection (provided they include the copy and paste shortcuts from BBOS which they so intelligent left out on the classic)
    If they are somewhat able to sell the next two android phones, I feel they should definitely try bringing back the toolbelt in 2017.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-06-16 07:17 AM
    Back in the day, there was a samsung with a trackpad running Android
    While the toolbelt wouldn't be as effective as it would be on a BB10 or BBOS, but that's not to say it would be absolutely worthless! The back key could be used as a back key, the end button as the home button and the BlackBerry button as the recent apps view. The trackpad would be good for navigation and also for text selection (provided they include the copy and paste shortcuts from BBOS which they so intelligent left out on the classic)
    If they are somewhat able to sell the next two android phones, I feel they should definitely try bringing back the toolbelt in 2017.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I actually didn't mention the trackpad. Said the hard buttons on the toolbelt... And my main thing is the keyboard on my Classic is more than just for typing. Shortcuts, instant actions, speed dial, etc. Unless they program Android to make use of the keyboard outside of just when you're typing, it wouldn't be as good as it is on a BB10 device.

09-07-16 09:05 AM
    I actually didn't mention the trackpad. Said the hard buttons on the toolbelt... And my main thing is the keyboard on my Classic is more than just for typing. Shortcuts, instant actions, speed dial, etc. Unless they program Android to make use of the keyboard outside of just when you're typing, it wouldn't be as good as it is on a BB10 device.

But the priv has all the speed dials, instant actions and stuff!
    In fact to me it's better because it has one press and long press shortcuts (you can choose between one press shortcuts or bring up device search by just typing)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-07-16 01:07 PM
    But the priv has all the speed dials, instant actions and stuff!
    In fact to me it's better because it has one press and long press shortcuts (you can choose between one press shortcuts or bring up device search by just typing)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Yes, I know BB added the shortcuts to Android, but that's only out in the homescreen. In-app keyboard shortcuts would be up to each individual app and most of them don't use it. I know there are some browsers that have them, but not a lot of Android apps use them. Plus for me the most important things on the toolbelt are the physical call send and end keys. Often I answer and end calls on the move, don't like needing to stare at my phone to do either of those things...

09-07-16 01:44 PM
    Yes, I know BB added the shortcuts to Android, but that's only out in the homescreen. In-app keyboard shortcuts would be up to each individual app and most of them don't use it. I know there are some browsers that have them, but not a lot of Android apps use them. Plus for me the most important things on the toolbelt are the physical call send and end keys. Often I answer and end calls on the move, don't like needing to stare at my phone to do either of those things...

I hear you
    Probably with time they will be able to add those things to android (depending on how well their keyboard phones do)
    I am absolutely for the whole toolbelt. They should give it a try in 2017.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-07-16 01:47 PM
    I hear you
    Probably with time they will be able to add those things to android (depending on how well their keyboard phones do)
    I am absolutely for the whole toolbelt. They should give it a try in 2017.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I think people are too crazy about screen size and then also the overall size. But I guess we'll see what happens...

09-07-16 02:24 PM
    I think people are too crazy about screen size and then also the overall size. But I guess we'll see what happens...

I think people buying a pkb phone are less crazy about screen size

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-07-16 08:55 PM
    Put Android on this phone, and let us rock. I want this phone with Android, or a similar design with updated specs. I would buy two.
    10-29-16 10:56 AM