It did not finish in two days. I switched the phone off, since then it is displaying www.bberror.com/bb10-0015.

Kindly suggest what to do?
    05-05-16 01:48 AM
    That means you have corrupted the device by interrupting the wiping process. You will have to use Link to reload your OS.
    05-05-16 08:58 AM
    That means you have corrupted the device by interrupting the wiping process. You will have to use Link to reload your OS.
    In two days though. That is ridiculous. Why would a phone that is operating correctly take two days to complete a security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 09:01 AM
    In two days though. That is ridiculous. Why would a phone that is operating correctly take two days to complete a security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. There have been countless reports of wipes taking several days to complete. I don't think it has ever been established as to exactly what circumstances cause some wipes to take so long.

This is why I always advocate using an autoloader or reloading with Link instead of a security wipe.
    05-05-16 09:27 AM
    I don't know. There have been countless reports of wipes taking several days to complete. I don't think it has ever been established as to exactly what circumstances cause some wipes to take so long.

This is why I always advocate using an autoloader or reloading with Link instead of a security wipe.
    Well, the point of a security wipe is to ensure none of your data can be retrieved. You know when you do something like a reformat on any harddrive, such as using an autoloader or reloading the OS on Link, all you're really doing is clearing the index of the files. The actual magnetic written 1's and 0's of your old data is still there and actually can be retrieved. The security wipe physically writes over every sector to clear all of that data. Which is why the IRS claiming their computers "crashed" causing all of the data to be "erased" after the court subpoenaed them is preposterous, but hey, apparently people now-a-days don't care about government coverups... Sad how Nixon was impeached over 18 minutes of deleted recordings but the news doesn't even barely report when terabytes of data is erased... smh... Anyway, I guess I'm about to get audited by the IRS now for making this comment...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-05-16 02:39 PM
    Well, the point of a security wipe is to ensure none of your data can be retrieved. You know when you do something like a reformat on any harddrive, such as using an autoloader or reloading the OS on Link, all you're really doing is clearing the index of the files. The actual magnetic written 1's and 0's of your old data is still there and actually can be retrieved. The security wipe physically writes over every sector to clear all of that data. Which is why the IRS claiming their computers "crashed" causing all of the data to be "erased" after the court subpoenaed them is preposterous, but hey, apparently people now-a-days don't care about government coverups... Sad how Nixon was impeached over 18 minutes of deleted recordings but the news doesn't even barely report when terabytes of data is erased... smh... Anyway, I guess I'm about to get audited by the IRS now for making this comment...

Was a slice!
    Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:43 PM
    Do a restart and re do a wipe. It should take 15 minutes for the wipe to go. Happend to my z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:58 PM
    Well, the point of a security wipe is to ensure none of your data can be retrieved.
    Of course that's one reason. But nothing would stop someone from doing a wipe after an OS reload if in fact the fear of a forensic audit in a CIA lab is truly the concern.
    Last edited by conite; 05-05-16 at 07:51 PM.
    05-05-16 03:07 PM
    Of course. But nothing would stop someone from doing a wipe after an OS reload if in fact the fear of a forensic audit in a CIA lab is truly the concern.
    Doesn't take the CIA, you could bring any harddrive to many different places and claim that it was accidentally formatted to have them retrieve the info, but you'll have to pay for it, sometimes it's expensive. But if you have really private things on your phone including things about your savings/investment accounts and what-not, you cannot be too safe...

05-05-16 04:51 PM

Faux Pas! What a joke your Divided States of America is

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    05-05-16 06:44 PM
    Go smoke some more cigarettes!
    andy957 likes this.
    05-06-16 09:27 AM
    Happened to me today too-- either use BB Link to reload or download the autoloader etc- hold down the power button to turn off the phone -then before it restarts automatically- invoke/execute the re-load from BB Link or autoloader- hopefully, the autoloader or BB Link will connect before the Wipe restarts - you may have to do this 2-3 times, but it will work-
    07-13-16 04:36 PM
    After 27 hours my security wipe was still at 98% so I pulled the battery and when it booted had that same error. I hooked her up to Link and it recognized the device and I did a Restore of the OS. came out perfect. I'll never do a Security Wipe again on the phone, just use Link
    07-13-16 05:09 PM
    Same happened with me on both classic and passport SE. For two days It was stuck at 98%. Lately I discovered if I manually delete the data and multimedia files, the security wipe takes about 15-20 mins. Dunno if that's a solution but definitely works for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 03:16 AM