I feel like I always have to preface my response to these things in order to avoid an argument. I'm only curious. What about the iPhone makes it slow and inefficient for workflow?
    The user perhaps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-15 12:18 AM
    I feel like I always have to preface my response to these things in order to avoid an argument. I'm only curious. What about the iPhone makes it slow and inefficient for workflow?
    That every communication service is housed within entirely separate apps. Whereas, in BB10, basically everything can be done from the Hub. The speed of this + shortcut keys is pretty great. Going back to iPhone was slow in comparison.

Isn't that obvious to even a diehard iOS user?

The fact that I am able to download and move files between local storage and dropbox and other cloud services all from within one app. Again, it's all contained in File Manager in BB10 (which tends to be accessible from every app besides; there is an overarching file system that is accessible everywhere), whereas good luck with iOS and it's closed garden dropbox app / lack of file browser or visible file structure. iOS is slow and inefficient to work with in this regard.

Those are the two main ones for me. Communication and file management. BB10 is plainly the more efficient OS when it comes to these workflows.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 01:17 AM
    I get the OP point.
    Have a Q10, Z30 and tested the passport.
    In the end I kept up with the Z30 because of the big screen.
    Seems we have the same point of view. Now and then I also miss the pkb.
    Let's see what the slider will be.
    Hopefully it comes soon!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 01:29 AM
    Note 4 and Classic - best combo team - oh lol you on VerHizon lol good luck trying to get two lines for $100

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-09-15 02:35 AM
    I live on ipad at home.
    using my new classic mainly on the road.
    yes it is a great combo.
    06-07-15 10:54 PM
    I've had my Classic for a week now. Came from a Q10. And I'm loving it more and more everyday. Getting use to the tool belt again. But its all working. Finding new 'toys' everyday. And absolutely love the slightly bigger keys.

So far I've found no cons. And for when I do need a lil more, I still have my Sony Xperia tablet. With all those Digital Copy movies. (lol)

But for realz, I'm lovin the Classic. Hale #Blackberry. Their on the return trip up!!

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    06-07-15 11:50 PM
    I'm a former 8330, Tour, and Storm 2 (briefly) user on VZW. I then changed over to android and went through several devices (droid X, note 2, htc one m8). When it was announced that the Classic was coming to Verizon I got really excited, Edged up my m8 and got a Classic at launch.

When I first laid my hands on the demo Classic at my local AT&T store prior to the Verizon launch there was definitely a feeling of nostalgia. It just felt so good putting my hands back on the physical keyboard.

I recently upgraded my wife to a Note 4, and inherited her note 2 as my tablet so to speak. Now I find myself carrying the note 2 everywhere due to its much more pleasurable experience doing anything other than sending a text or email. Yes I know, the Classic is built for communication, and I get that, but after messing around with my wife's note 4, I can't help but feel like the Classic is just inadequate. I love the keyboard, but that really is its only redeeming quality, IMO. I know people will sing the praises of the hub also, but it really doesn't do much to enhance my experience as a user. I'm sure if I go back to a note, or other android device, I'll certainly miss the keyboard. I just don't think there's really anything else I'd be missing on this device.

Maybe I'll reactivate the note 2 and use it for a week and see if I come running back to my Classic, or maybe I'll just end up carrying 2 devices around all the time...or maybe I'll just stick to the androids...who knows. I do, however, wish I had gotten my fill of nostalgia within my 14 day return and exchange period! This is a great phone, just don't think it's a great phone for my specific usage/needs.

I'm sure this is news to no one, but just felt like sharing.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Classic. It is no secret that the Classics goal was to revisit that nostalgic feel while upgrading the system. It most definitely is not for everyone. For me, it just works.

My buddy brought over his Note 4 a few weekends ago and it was quite impressive. Within minutes, I was bored. Now, with that said. I'm still a huge fan of Android and the ecosystem. I just prefer it in tablet form. Tablets are better for media consumption and my eyes. The Classic on the other hand, just works for my daily routine of email, text, bbm, Facebook and Twitter. Also, using the calculators for percentages helps in my job in sales. I do love using my 128 gig media card for music, photos and video. I would like to start moving away from the cloud at some point.

The fact that you took the time to post on your experience with the Classic is admirable. Even if it didn't work out for you. I know guys get mad at the guys who blast Blackberry with their BlackBerry sucks post. I for one do not feel that you've done that. It was a good read.

Thanks again and enjoy your Note. It's a sweet device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by schlemer; 06-09-15 at 06:40 AM.
    WT44 likes this.
    06-08-15 02:15 PM
    This is what I find:

- The redesigned iOS is a disaster and they should have spent the time improving what they had
    - The Samsung Android GUI is confusing and one is moving all around the place
    - Jolla still needs work and the communications GUIs should be improved

The BB10 GUI is logical and efficient, but a full touch flagship (maybe with slider) with removable battery and excellent outdoors screen is needed.

The S5 does not last for a full day if you use it more or less intensively, at least if you don't remember to switch the whole time to ultra power saver mode, so while I briefly reconsidered a Z30 now that it is discounted, I will reject anything with built-in battery again, as usual.

And I am not impressed by the S5 screen in the sun. It is hard to tell what would be better.

The S5 camera features are great, but what is seriously needed is a real zoom like the Samsung camera/phone hybrids (and sturdy) or at least something like Pureview. Not keen on buying Android or Microsoft for this.

But the S5 waterproofing is great.
    Exactly my thoughts. In fact, I traded in the S5 for a Classic. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:03 AM
    I just got a classic and it's growing on me. Changed from a HTC One M7. Still got my android (Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.5) tablet so not such a big shock. I'm enjoying the physical keyboard and hub integration. Exported my Google contacts to a vcf file and bought them in through Dropbox. Pity the calendar does not integrate directly but I purchased CalenGoo which has resolved that somewhat. Don't have full hub integration though. Happy with the battery life and going to give the classic a good go before I pass judgement.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:44 AM
    You can have your Gmail account manage your contacts and calendar on your blackberry. It will sync them with no problems.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    06-12-15 01:12 PM
    You can add me to the list of regret buying a classic. I'm trying to figure out how to sell it to buy passport. Between the 9900 and the classic, I find no big upgrade for my use. But between the passport and 9900 there was a huge leap. The speed, the battery and the screen size. I thought the screen size
    would be an issue and returned the passport and now i regret it.
    06-12-15 08:12 PM
    I love my classic - and I feel it's an "upgrade" coming from a z and q10.

What I haven't gotten used to yet is the "hub" button instead of the phone on the bottom... it just does not do what I think it should do.. taking me to the "hub" box rather than the hub "area"... but everything else is dandy and the build quality feels nice- could use one more led in the backlight as you can tell some keys are "brighter" but that's a minor complaint.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 09:02 PM
137 ... 456