It felt like forever getting this phone since preodering back in November and shopbb's incompetent abilities to fulfill them.

My first impression of the phone was "holy moly, this phone is heavy!" Coming from a Q10 the classic feels like a brick. The weight makes the phone feels solid and premium. The phone's size is substantially bigger than the Q10. I had to alter the way I hold my phone because if I flicked it around like I did with the Q10 it would probably fly out of my hands and knock someone out.

The screen LCD screen is great. It's brighter and the pixels are imperceptible.

The keyboard is the best one yet. Yes, even better than the 9900, Q10, or the Passport.

The trackpad works as expected. I've been using BB10 for over a year and the toolbelt actually feels awkward to use. When I first got the Q10 I would sometime try to tap the imaginary toolbelt keys and trackpad. Ironically, with the classic I find myself skipping right over it. I have to remind myself that it's there. I had a couple of phone calls and I kept tapping the screen to end it and totally forgot about the physical END key.

The camera is on par with the Q10. So there's nothing I saw that I would perceive that is different.

The phone's performance is equal to that of the q10, if not then slightly smoother, but that's just my opinion.

The big question for me is which phone is ultimately best for me? Q10, Classic, or Passport?

I'm an IT professional with an active lifestyle. I run about 15-20 miles a week, I coach a high school track team, I have a son with a second one on the way, I run a weekend flag football league, and I'm the VP of my HOA. All these hobbies and responsibilities require constant communication and access to information all while I'm on the go. Hopefully in a few weeks I will know which BlackBerry phone is the one for me, and hopefully it'll help others who are on the fence about which one to get.

Stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:32 AM
    Congrats!!!

I'm in the same boat. I lead a pretty active lifestyle (not as crazy as yours) too and am always on the go. Having the Q10 and now the Classic is an upgrade imo.

So far the Classic has been great but the Passport has also has me very interested?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts....

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:46 AM
    I didn't know there were better than the Passport when it comes to physical keyboard. Oh well, congrats on your new phone and Happy New Classic Year!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 02:18 AM
    Well,

Whats is your decision
    I am in same situation..Q10/Classic or Passport?
    As a second phone I have iphone 6+ for web and better camera,
    So Right now Classic will win I guess
    12-31-14 02:50 AM
    Why not passport next to the iphone? Amazing battery life and the keyboard is to me better then the ones ive used before! Im suree the size wont bother many people after using it for a day or two
    Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:43 AM
    I've had the Passport for about 3 weeks now. Love the phone but coming from a touch screen I was expecting my Bold 9900 type of keyboard experience. Sadly that's the not the case. As much as the keyboard is cool and useful. It's probably not as good as the one on the classic. But I wish BlackBerry would have implemented the touch aspect of the Passport to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:05 AM
    I've had the Passport for about 3 weeks now. Love the phone but coming from a touch screen I was expecting my Bold 9900 type of keyboard experience. Sadly that's the not the case. As much as the keyboard is cool and useful. It's probably not as good as the one on the classic. But I wish BlackBerry would have implemented the touch aspect of the Passport to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    I hope they never do..but that's just me
    12-31-14 12:50 PM
    Agree, would love to have the capacitive keyboard on the Classic, too.

For those folks who have both the Passport and the Classic... why not just enjoy them both, and use the device that best fits your agenda each day. That's what I'm doing -- I love both devices
    12-31-14 02:11 PM
    Order from Amazon next time. Mines came in one day.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    12-31-14 02:29 PM
    The thing that bothers me is the fact that the camera is ONLY on pay with the Q10 from years ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-14 04:07 PM
    The thing that bothers me is the fact that the camera is ONLY on pay with the Q10 from years ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not even two years ago you wanted to say?
    I can understand your rant though, it seems quite odd how BlackBerry sticks to the original BB10 launch components for newer phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:30 PM
    I hope they never do..but that's just me
    I'm with you. I rest my thumbs on the keyboard while typing if I stop to think what I want to type next. The last thing I need is for the cursor to move to the wrong place when I do that... If they do it I hope there's an option to turn it off and to just use a separate trackpad. I did come up with the idea of a capacitive keyboard years ago as a neat idea, but the more I think of it the more I realize it might not be for me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-31-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the review, OP. As a Q10 user also working in the IT field, I am interested in what you find out regarding the device that best matches your use case.

Do let us know when you have chosen your daily driver.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    12-31-14 06:09 PM
    I'm with you. I rest my thumbs on the keyboard while typing if I stop to think what I want to type next. The last thing I need is for the cursor to move to the wrong place when I do that... If they do it I hope there's an option to turn it off and to just use a separate trackpad. I did come up with the idea of a capacitive keyboard years ago as a neat idea, but the more I think of it the more I realize it might not be for me...

yea exactly. If they put capacitive on the keyboard then the trackpad would be useless..unless there is a switch for it.. Only time will tell if the capacitive kb is really good. As of now I see it as a gimmick
    12-31-14 06:39 PM
    yea exactly. If they put capacitive on the keyboard then the trackpad would be useless..unless there is a switch for it.. Only time will tell if the capacitive kb is really good. As of now I see it as a gimmick
    For a device without a trackpad it might serve a purpose, but if given a choice I would pick a trackpad over a capacitive keyboard...

Vintage123 likes this.
    12-31-14 07:05 PM
    For a device without a trackpad it might serve a purpose, but if given a choice I would pick a trackpad over a capacitive keyboard...

that's right
    12-31-14 07:14 PM
    How's the classic battery life compared to the q10

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:24 PM
    How's the classic battery life compared to the q10

Posted via CB10
    So far the battery seems to be slightly better. I would say about 5-10 percent increase in battery life compared to the q10.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-01-15 02:37 PM
    So far the battery seems to be slightly better. I would say about 5-10 percent increase in battery life compared to the q10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting a little bit more battery life out of my Classic. I'd say about 25% more.

However, I just received my Passport yesterday and am putting it through its paces now to see which daily driver I'll pick?

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-01-15 03:32 PM
    I'm getting a little bit more battery life out of my Classic. I'd say about 25% more.

However, I just received my Passport yesterday and am putting it through its paces now to see which daily driver I'll pick?

Keep us informed...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 03:36 PM

That's exactly was harder part for me on deciding. So I have kept passport and has to send back classic. !!!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-01-15 03:38 PM

I had my Classic on at work watching videos on swagbucks for points for 5 hours straight on mobile LTE network, and still had 25% battery life left. I say it has much better battery life than the Q10. That 25% lasted me the rest of the day btw, no longer watching the videos continuously though

01-01-15 03:40 PM
    I had my Classic on at work watching videos on swagbucks for points for 5 hours straight on mobile LTE network, and still had 25% battery life left. I say it has much better battery life than the Q10. That 25% lasted me the rest of the day btw, no longer watching the videos continuously though

I had a question: In your experience, does the battery life vary significantly if you predominantly rely on the physical interface, i.e., the keyboard and the toolbelt, rather than the touch-and-gesture interface?

I read somewhere that the physical keyboard consumes less power than a virtual one, so I wanted to check how this extends to the use of the toolbelt.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-01-15 06:04 PM
    I had a question: In your experience, does the battery life vary significantly if you predominantly rely on the physical interface, i.e., the keyboard and the toolbelt, rather than the touch-and-gesture interface?

I read somewhere that the physical keyboard consumes less power than a virtual one, so I wanted to check how this extends to the use of the toolbelt.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    I haven't noticed, but when I was watching those videos, I touched the "next video" button using the touchscreen...

01-01-15 08:42 PM
    I didn't know there were better than the Passport when it comes to physical keyboard. Oh well, congrats on your new phone and Happy New Classic Year!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    I have both the Passport and the Classic and I much prefer the Classic keyboard. IMO, it's the best BlackBerry keyboard yet. Of course, the Passport is good in its own way. I can really go to town on the Classic though.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-01-15 10:19 PM
29 12