I'm a BlackBerry user since 2007, always loved Blackberry and I'll stick with Blackberry regardless of what they offer, because the hub......I just love how BlackBerry does email, and of course BB10 is great.

If I would be on the BlackBerry designer team, I would release the following.

A Q10 with a toolbelt, love the Menu button and SEND/END key, but I would drop the trackpad. Why? Because the Passport revealed something to me that I really like. You can use a trackpad by scrolling on the keyboard, however I would add a little side button to press it and only then the keyboard becomes a trackpad. I think this would be my ideal phone and of course I would dump as much of features in it. Classic as it stands now sucks away, it's slow and sluggish.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:16 PM
    Have you tried it? I mean do you own one?

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    12-23-14 05:20 PM
    I kinda have to agree. Have you actually help one for longer than a few minutes if at all? There's a WORLD of difference between reading posts on a forum and actually holding and using one. I would know, because before mine came, I speculated like crazy in my head. I listened to all of the "specs suck" and "too big" "not big enough" "trackpad too small" "trackpad useless" etc etc, and the Classic has destroyed all of my expectations.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the unqualified feedback from non-owners gets crazy some days.
    12-23-14 05:35 PM
    as it is, it works well for me no complain here. Just as good as my Z 30
    12-23-14 05:51 PM
    Ehm......had a Bold 9900 and a Z10 now the Classic, and I love the trackpad!

Why is everyone complaining about the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    John Crist likes this.
    12-23-14 06:17 PM
    as it is, it works well for me no complain here. Just as good as my Z 30
    Wow! Really?? I still love my Z30 and I just ordered from Amazon today!

12-23-14 06:20 PM

Yup, I tried it, and I'm actually typing this on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:20 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

This!!! Most who complain have not actually used one... or have not taken the time to learn about it.. very typical reaction..
    Time to get up with the program man!!

I loved my curves and bolds but seriously.. are you serious?

The new phones blow past the old ones in almost every way...

And yes I have owned every model BlackBerry since 2002!

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:27 PM
    Wow! Really?? I still love my Z30 and I just ordered from Amazon today!

a Classic???? it will be slower than the passport but just as fast as the z 30
    12-23-14 11:13 PM
    Different strokes for different folks!! Merry Christmas .
    I'm a BlackBerry user since 2007, always loved Blackberry and I'll stick with Blackberry regardless of what they offer, because the hub......I just love how BlackBerry does email, and of course BB10 is great.

If I would be on the BlackBerry designer team, I would release the following.

A Q10 with a toolbelt, love the Menu button and SEND/END key, but I would drop the trackpad. Why? Because the Passport revealed something to me that I really like. You can use a trackpad by scrolling on the keyboard, however I would add a little side button to press it and only then the keyboard becomes a trackpad. I think this would be my ideal phone and of course I would dump as much of features in it. Classic as it stands now sucks away, it's slow and sluggish.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 06:05 AM
    I tried a Classic from a friend who just recently bought 15 of them for him and his employees and so far the device has lived up to their and my expectations. They use them with enterprise and they replaced their older legacy devices and they couldn't be happier.

To me this sounds like a good review from the market the device was targeted for?? Not some consumer looking for a replacement for their 5 ghz, 128 gig and 5 gigs of ram ferrari device. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    potatoguy likes this.
    12-25-14 06:57 AM
    I tried a Classic from a friend who just recently bought 15 of them for him and his employees and so far the device has lived up to their and my expectations. They use them with enterprise and they replaced their older legacy devices and they couldn't be happier.

To me this sounds like a good review from the market the device was targeted for?? Not some consumer looking for a replacement for their 5 ghz, 128 gig and 5 gigs of ram ferrari device. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    eventually it will become one...Lol
    12-25-14 10:18 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Passport and I am getting Classic tomorrow from Amazon. I will give it at least a week. Otherwise I can always send it back to them. BTW, I am not expecting it to be like passport or faster than that. I just love BlackBerry Qwerty keyboard.

12-25-14 10:28 AM
    what will you use for?
    12-25-14 10:43 AM
    what will you use for?
    I am not a business user. I will use it for personal cause I love how BlackBerry handle communication. I still have Q10 but it seems small me. NTM, I have iPhone 6 too for entertainment using at home whenever I am off from work.

12-25-14 10:49 AM
    I see you have a passport..why a classic then?
    12-25-14 12:05 PM
    I see you have a passport..why a classic then?
    Ummm... cause passport is not easily one hand use. Classic might be able to become my daily driver. What you think?

12-25-14 12:11 PM
    Ummm... cause passport is not easily one hand use. Classic might be able to become my daily driver. What you think?

classic is smaller for sure but for 1 hand use it depends of the person I guess. I have medium hands.. for me it is a bit hard to use with one hand but can be done...I prefer using it with 2 hands..some peeps says that the Q line is more 1 hand friendly
    12-25-14 12:16 PM
    also i have started to use voice to respond to text and email...works great...using bluetooth
    12-25-14 12:17 PM
    also i have started to use voice to respond to text and email...works great...using bluetooth
    Well I could use it too if I could. My native language is URDU so it's not easy for me to say some words correctly. My hands are pretty much medium too. I will see how it will go tomorrow. One thing I need to ask you that do you like classic more than passport?

12-25-14 12:34 PM
    Well I could use it too if I could. My native language is URDU so it's not easy for me to say some words correctly. My hands are pretty much medium too. I will see how it will go tomorrow. One thing I need to ask you that do you like classic more than passport?

I never had a passport but I went in store to play with it...Size too big for me> portability more important to me.
    I am coming from a Z 30.

I believe that their first batch is not that bad. And I believe that if it sells well the second batch will be beef up just as much as the passport...I could be wrong tho...

Some says if for the enterprise only....doesn't make sens cause they advertised the passport for enterprise...so the Classic should come with the same specs minus the capacitive key board
    12-25-14 12:50 PM

read this one it should sum up

CrackBerry User
    Posts38 Posts
    Today, 09:27 AM
    #12 Report Post
    Yes I browse the Web a lot. Be it kijiji for that new classic car I'm looking for, or ebay for parts for my truck.

I read tonnes of reviews on all tech. It is my job to keep up with the corporate IT world, so I'm constantly googling new tech.

Then I'm on linkedin 3 hrs a day minimum.

Replying to the wife's 100+ texts, the 5 phone calls she makes during my 12 work day. Then the kids calling me on top of that.

Whatsapp to keep up with all my buddies.

Facebook to speak to family. Constantly having 5 conversations going in the hub from facebook chat alone.

Skype to phone my family as I live 5000k away from them all.

Then I sit on the cb10 app every 5 spare minutes I have.

I have 3 email accounts I have to manage. 1 is for my corporate job, 1 is for my business and 1 is personal.

I would class myself as a very heavy user. The only time my phone is down is during meetings (2-3 a day min) and coffee breaks.

The phone holds up to all my abuse. I will start to slowly move everything over to my surface pro 3 in the new year with blend now installed on it. So the phone can sit in my jacket pocket and I can work from my pro 3 effortlessly.

All in all great device. Those having issues with it, either have a faulty device, or are not using the phone for its intended use.

My 2c

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:56 PM
    Man! Your review has gave me the answer all I needed to ko. Thanks alot! And merry Christmas!!!

12-25-14 01:17 PM
    same to you
    12-25-14 01:21 PM