And what was the result? Is it OK? Screen intact, no cracks?

Any tips on how to NOT drop the Classic?

(I am asking because I had been using an Otterbox and took it off yesterday and I am loving the Classic naked. BUT I am scared I'll drop it. Never dropped it with the case on, but it's got a better grip than the naked phone.)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:42 AM
    i've dropped mine over a dozen times, from (sometimes) considerable heights and it has few scratches around the edges for battle scars but no major blemishes.
    Screen is fine.
    01-10-16 08:54 AM
    Awesome to hear, Matthew!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 09:00 AM
    buy a skinomi skin worth its just 16 usd.. den buy leather case

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 09:00 AM
    I have a Q10, and I use the BlackBerry sleeve. That might be a good option for your Classic. I've dropped my Q10 a few times (once on cement), and the leather sleeve has cushioned the blow. It might give you the best of both worlds: the pleasure of using your Classic without a case and some level of protection not to mention the highly useful magnet feature. Of course, you still have to be careful, because there's always the risk you might drop your naked phone while taking it out of the sleeve.
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    01-10-16 09:34 AM
    No one reads the question before tossing their two cents?

There are nicks in the metal frame which aren't easily seen and the back has no marring. The screen has not cracked or chipped.
    01-10-16 10:43 AM
    No one reads the question before tossing their two cents?
    http://i.imgur.com/h6hT6QR.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/cIh2wjK.jpg

There are nicks in the metal frame which aren't easily seen and the back has no marring. The screen has not cracked or chipped.
    Thanks again, Matthew!
    01-10-16 01:47 PM
    I have to say, I am loving the Classic without a case. After having it for a number of months with an Otterbox on it, it's like a whole new phone.
    01-10-16 01:49 PM
    Classic naked is great! My tip : choose one front pocket of your pants (in my case the right one) to put your Classic in, and use it in ever situation, with ever pants you have. Never put it on a jacket or shirt. Never put anything in the same pocket (car keys, wallet), the device should be alone in the pocket !

Posted via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    01-10-16 07:19 PM
    Classic naked is great! My tip : choose one front pocket of your pants (in my case the right one) to put your Classic in, and use it in ever situation, with ever pants you have. Never put it on a jacket or shirt. Never put anything in the same pocket (car keys, wallet), the device should be alone in the pocket !

Posted via CB10
    Good ideas! Thanks!!
    01-11-16 10:10 AM
    I bought 3. Cases with my classic with all levels of protection. Don't use any of them. It feels way better naked and with the way it looks it's hard to cover it up. Mine has the typical paint chips on the bottom and one scratch on the back. I do the one pocket trick too but with my job it sees a little more wear and tear then I would like. It has held up great for me. Whenever my wife drops her iPhone it likes to shut off on her for a couple hours. Even if it's cased.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:13 PM
    Twice--once on a desk and once on the carpet. No casualties. Naked is the way to go (with holster)--cases get in the way of the keyboard.

From a Classic
    01-11-16 03:34 PM
    I used to have the leather pouch but have stopped using it as I find it useless and cumbersome (have to take the phone in and out inconveniently for messages, calls, etc.) I've dropped it a few times on floors (indoors) in the 7 months that I've owned it but screen is completely intact and there are only minor nicks around the frame. It's a very well built and durable phone.
    01-11-16 03:44 PM