I just recently noticed that my classic only outputs sound from the bottom right speaker. If I put my finger over the hole you litterally can't hear any sound. Is this phone defective? Or normal. Sorrry for typos. The classic doesn't autocorrect anything unless I tap the words that pop up on the screen. Which is a total waste of time

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    11-29-15 08:32 AM
    This is normal and correct. The bottom right is the only speaker on the Classic. Your phone is not defective.
    Gees97 likes this.
    11-29-15 09:13 AM
    This is normal and correct. The bottom right is the only speaker on the Classic. Your phone is not defective.
    Kind of weird huh? What's the hole on the left for? I thought it was defective since speaker sound levels are low. Well not low but lower than my Z30.
    Thanks buddy

11-29-15 01:31 PM
    I believe it's for the microphone

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 01:35 PM
    I believe it's for the microphone

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm good call. I never thought about that. Probably because I'm used to the Z10/Z30 which is below touch screen. Thanks

11-29-15 01:40 PM
    The classic doesn't autocorrect anything unless I tap the words that pop up on the screen. Which is a total waste of time
    Set autocorrect to on in the settings. That's all it takes.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 01:51 PM
    Set autocorrect to on in the settings. That's all it takes.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously don't know what I'm talking about

11-29-15 02:13 PM
    The left hole is just there for looks. There is no microphone or speaker there. I have changed out screens on the classic. I seen it first hand it's just for looks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 03:32 PM
    You obviously don't know what I'm talking about

Well, explain then. I'm just trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 05:19 PM
    Well, explain then. I'm just trying to help.

Posted via CB10
    Spell check and auto correct are two different things. I never use spell check. It stays disabled

11-30-15 11:57 AM
    The left hole is just there for looks. There is no microphone or speaker there. I have changed out screens on the classic. I seen it first hand it's just for looks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wow nice one BlackBerry. I guess that's just a way for dirt and dust to get into the phone. What a disappointment to hear that

11-30-15 12:02 PM
    Spell check and auto correct are two different things. I never use spell check. It stays disabled

Well you can personalise both in the settings. Frankly I still don't understand what the problem is. Wouldn't toggling this "auto+correct with space bar" solve your problems ?

How many speakers does classic have?-img_20151130_183227.png

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-30-15 12:33 PM
    Well you can personalise both in the settings. Frankly I still don't understand what the problem is. Wouldn't toggling this "auto+correct with space bar" solve your problems ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151130_183227.png 
Views:	555 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	382639

Space bar does NOT do anything on the classic. If it worked like the Z30/Z10 it would have corrected your word "personalise" to the correct spelling which is "Personalize"

11-30-15 01:17 PM
    Space bar does NOT do anything on the classic. If it worked like the Z30/Z10 it would have corrected your word "personalise" to the correct spelling which is "Personalize"

Nope, cuz Personalize is american English and Personalise is British ;-)
    I've got the Q10 and the Z10, both work the same for me.

11-30-15 01:55 PM

You come here for help and spit at people who offer help? Time you took a long, cool look in the mirror.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    undefinederror and ErnstMach like this.
    11-30-15 04:52 PM

The space bar functions normally on the Classic, as it does with all other BB10 devices.

I'd suggest checking your language settings, and make sure to choose the variant of English that you'd prefer.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 07:49 PM
    You come here for help and spit at people who offer help? Time you took a long, cool look in the mirror.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    In case you haven't noticed what is being discussed in here has nothing to do with the main post. So I can type what I want. Especially when it comes down to the broken auto correct on the classic

12-01-15 02:15 AM
    Nope, cuz Personalize is american English and Personalise is British ;-)
    I've got the Q10 and the Z10, both work the same for me.

And Canadian!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 04:30 PM
    In case you haven't noticed what is being discussed in here has nothing to do with the main post. So I can type what I want. Especially when it comes down to the broken auto correct on the classic

Interesting take on things.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    12-03-15 04:32 PM
    Interesting take on things.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed. Not to intentionally be in his defense, but the original question has been answered so I suppose that anyone who reads past can expect some off-topic Internet arguing.

PS - If you really need to rely on autocorrect that badly on the Classic, you're doing it wrong. The Classic is a precision tool. Are you trying to type with your nose?
    amathtools, bigjman and ErnstMach like this.
    12-03-15 04:38 PM
    PS - If you really need to rely on autocorrect that badly on the Classic, you're doing it wrong. The Classic is a precision tool. Are you trying to type with your nose?
    Haha he must! And he's having a more difficult time with that since his nose is so out of joint. ...even further out of joint than his alleged crooked trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 06:25 PM
    And here I just figured my classic had a bad speaker. Haha

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 11:38 AM

Why would you need auto correct on a qwerty physical keyboard anyway? If you have to worry about a bunch of typos on a physical keyboard, you may want to check your hand/eye coordination.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 05:19 PM
    Why would you need auto correct on a qwerty physical keyboard anyway? If you have to worry about a bunch of typos on a physical keyboard, you may want to check your hand/eye coordination.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you want anti lock brakes on your car if you can tap them yourself? I guess you're just as bad as the sheep considering you're saying that it's OK for a phones auto correct not to work since they're supplying you with a physical keyboard. Everyone's hands are different sizes and some people work with gloves on. Therefore mistakes/typos will happen. You would expect a "smartphone" to be able to correct on its own like it's previous models (Z10/Z30) if mistakes were made. Nobody is perfect and if you think you're perfect you're definitely smoking something.
    Spell check works, auto correct doesn't. Point blank. But you can keep defending BlackBerry if you like.

12-06-15 10:26 AM