The logical solution I cannot figure out is to simply transfer all music from Blackberry Link to the SD card in my desktop and put that micro sd in my Classic. No obvious way to do this. I have around 1000+ songs from years of iTunes purchases. Any practical way to get those songs on my Classic and keep them parked on my 128gb micro sd? Thanks in advance for your help; this has been the major Achilles heel on the Classic.
    02-15-16 06:31 PM
    Good question is it possible

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 06:44 PM
    Put the micro SD card in your phone-go to settings -storage and access-access using usb-toggle on USB mass storage mode-connect USB cable to your classic and drag and drop to your media card. I use an iMac and use this method, I avoid BlackBerry Link to add any media. This is the best way. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 02-15-16 at 07:28 PM.
    02-15-16 07:05 PM
    Double post-please delete
    02-15-16 07:08 PM
    The logical solution I cannot figure out is to simply transfer all music from Blackberry Link to the SD card in my desktop and put that micro sd in my Classic. No obvious way to do this. I have around 1000+ songs from years of iTunes purchases. Any practical way to get those songs on my Classic and keep them parked on my 128gb micro sd? Thanks in advance for your help; this has been the major Achilles heel on the Classic.
    There's a great app that will allow you to transfer your iTunes playlists to your phone over WiFi called Sync for iTunes. I used it and have my 25GB library on an SD card. danielbigham.ca/sync
    02-15-16 10:29 PM
    There's a great app that will allow you to transfer your iTunes playlists to your phone over WiFi called Sync for iTunes. I used it and have my 25GB library on an SD card. danielbigham.ca/sync
    I keep struggling with this. You can select the music app and pull from the SD card?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 10:49 PM
    I keep struggling with this. You can select the music app and pull from the SD card?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    02-15-16 10:51 PM
    Don't know exactly at the moment, but I think I loaded my SD on the classic simply via BlackBerry Link. I works via drag and drop and could also be done via WiFi. The only thing what shouldn't work ist to copy playlists. So you have to put all your music on the classic and then make new playlists. But it copies all the information like album covers etc to the phone.
    This is no real sync but when you purchase a new album, just connect to BlackBerry link and drag the new album to your classic.
    This is how I do it.

Hope it still works! Haven't done it for a while.

Greetz

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 03:30 AM
    Don't know exactly at the moment, but I think I loaded my SD on the classic simply via BlackBerry Link. I works via drag and drop and could also be done via WiFi. The only thing what shouldn't work ist to copy playlists. So you have to put all your music on the classic and then make new playlists. But it copies all the information like album covers etc to the phone.
    This is no real sync but when you purchase a new album, just connect to BlackBerry link and drag the new album to your classic.
    This is how I do it.

Hope it still works! Haven't done it for a while.

Greetz

Posted via CB10
    That's why I mentioned that Daniel Bigham's app will sync playlists over Wifi.
    02-16-16 07:53 AM
    That's why I mentioned that Daniel Bigham's app will sync playlists over Wifi.
    Hey I just checked it. You can also drag and drop playlists, but I think it's a solution without any payment. But it took me hrs to get link running on my mac. That's on a different page.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 03:24 PM
    Also... some of the older itune purchase might have DRM, which well prevent it from being played on other devices than those authorised by itune. Make sure they don't have any DRM locking them down!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 03:28 PM