Hi,

I have a BlackBerry Classic. I'm trying to synchronize my contacts and calendar details across 3 devices, my BB, Surface PRO and my Laptop using BlackBerry Link Software. I'm using Microsoft Outlook on my laptop and Surface where i sync from/to. When i connect my BB to my laptop, I can sync over any contacts created on my BB to the Laptop and any contacts created on the laptop to my BB, same with the calendar, calendar events created on the BB will be synced over to the laptop and vice versa. When i connect my BB to my Surface, i can do the same thing over there, sync contacts & calendar events created on the SURFACE Pro to the BB and vice versa.

What i am looking for is that any contacts & calendar events created on my SURFACE Pro that were synced to my BB should also be synced over to my laptop when i connect my BB to my laptop and vice versa, that any events or contacts created on my Laptop which were synced to my BB should then be synced over to the Surface PRO's Microsoft Outlook. So I'm trying to achieve that all 3 devices must have the same calendar and contacts whenever i connect my BB to each device (Surface & Laptop) to synchronize using BB Link.

I would greatly appreciate a response from anyone.

Thank You
    08-14-15 04:21 PM
    hello, is it local contacts you're dealing with? Or do you also sync to the clouds?
    08-14-15 04:30 PM
    Hi, they are local accounts. I want to sync only when my BlackBerry Classic is connected to the Surface PRO or when it is connected to the Laptop, i'm not looking for a cloud synchronization thing. I want that when i connect my BB to my laptop and later to Surface PRO, the Calendars and Contacts are updated and matched and the same on these devices. i understand it will not always be the same but when i connect to sync it should copy over any missing contacts/calendar events.

i'm not concerned about email sync though.
    Last edited by hahmed19; 08-17-15 at 03:23 PM.
    08-17-15 03:02 PM
    I use a gmail account for all of my calendar entries, contact profiles, and email. On top of my other personal email accounts. You can easily do this across all devices also using bb blend as well.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-18-15 12:25 PM
    I use a gmail account for all of my calendar entries, contact profiles, and email. On top of my other personal email accounts. You can easily do this across all devices also using bb blend as well.

So let me explain further. I use an android tablet pro, windows 10 laptop and A BB passport.
    So for my work contacts and calendar i use a gmail account across all devices for work. THen all of my other personal email accoutnts, calendar and contacts I use outlook. THis way u know which is your work accounts and personal. For me it just makes it better organized. I use my gmail account for work and I have six other personal email accoutns. BB os 10 allows you to show calendars, and contacts once you set up your email accounts. Everything shows up on a bb device. Using blend will also allow you to access your bb device calendar, email and contacts as well but a constant bluetooth connection needs to be active and may drain your battery.

OUTLOOK can only sync contacts and calendar and would require a side app to sync tasks and notes over to your remember app on the bb device. Just keep that in mind.

08-18-15 12:30 PM
    Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. Upon syncing my BB with my Laptop (Windows 7), it does bring up every contact and calendar event from my laptop to the BB device.
    The same happens when i connect my BB to my surface PRO (Win 8.1) and events and contacts on my Surface come to BB.

The problem arises here, if i created a contact while using my surface and a calendar event, i plug in my phone to my Surface PRO, it will sync my that contact and event to my BB. BUT when i would connect my BB to my laptop, it will not sync that contact and event created on my Surface that was synced to my BB, to the laptop from the BB device. Same goes if i repeat the process with my laptop and try to sync that data to the Surface.

Only calendar events or contacts created on the BB itself will be copied over to the laptop.
    08-19-15 09:44 AM