Modern mobile processors scale down peak gHz with actual usage, so business users who might not do much but message/browse will not have (much) less battery life if the Classic clocks in @ higher speed. Those of us that run Android/games would benefit from the extra boost.
    11-23-14 08:28 PM
    Modern mobile processors scale down peak gHz with actual usage, so business users who might not do much but message/browse will not have (much) less battery life if the Classic clocks in @ higher speed. Those of us that run Android/games would benefit from the extra boost.
    Nooooo, you must be someone who likes to brag about specs, or uh, BB10 runs smooth already, and uh, whatever other reasons people say are reasons why having better specs are somehow bad...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-23-14 09:12 PM
    I have to chuckle with some of the people acting like we must just be spec snobs.

My desktop Computer is a Mac Mini, which is decent but entry level.
    My mobile PC is a small Dell tablet running Windows 8.1 on a 1.33 GHZ Intel Atom.

Specs aren't everything thing to me, but for instance, until the latest Bay Trail CPUs, I would not have considered an ATOM.

Overall, it's the whole picture and the classic at 1.5 is just disappointing at the price point.
    But, hopefully BlackBerry listens and we get a faster one or find out that the rumors are not true.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:23 PM
    This argument is so tired.

1) we all WANT better specs for a variety of reasons

2) we might / or might not agree on if we NEED them.

3) some of us will rather pay more for it, and some of us would rather pay less without it.

There's really not much else to cover here. I want better specs in the classic but I'll still buy it with a 1.5. The main attraction is the bigger screen, the build, and the toolbelt for me. I also know that performance dip won't effect me so much based on what I usually do on my phone.

I respect others who feel that they would rather wait for better specs. Unless you still choose to be on BBOS. But we already covered that in another thread :/

Posted via CB10
    bb8900edit likes this.
    11-23-14 11:13 PM
    This.

This argument is so tired.

1) we all WANT better specs for a variety of reasons

2) we might / or might not agree on if we NEED them.

3) some of us will rather pay more for it, and some of us would rather pay less without it.

There's really not much else to cover here. I want better specs in the classic but I'll still buy it with a 1.5. The main attraction is the bigger screen, the build, and the toolbelt for me. I also know that performance dip won't effect me so much based on what I usually do on my phone.

I respect others who feel that they would rather wait for better specs. Unless you still choose to be on BBOS. But we already covered that in another thread :/

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 11:53 PM