Is there any way to 'reset' the Classic to factory settings? For some reason, all notification sounds have quit working. I've tried to set all of my preferences to max volume but to no avail. I've turned it off, let it sit for a few minutes and then turn it on again - same result. Any assistance would be most appreciated. --Rich
    09-10-15 07:06 AM
    To perform a Factory Reset:
    1. Turn off encryption if you have it enabled, allow it to finish decrypting the files before continuing.
    2. Do a full back up of the device via Link.
    3. Remove the SD card if present.
    4. After the back up is completed, leave it connected to Link and make sure the computer does not shut off after sometime or power down the USB ports.
    5. Within Link, go Back Up & Restore, and click the Factory Reset button and follow the prompts.

This process normally takes about 10~20minutes, however it is been found to sometimes take hours, days, and a week or more. Be patient.
    Once started, it can not be stopped and attempting to do so will only prolong the process.
    Leave the device plugged into the computer, so it can receive charge from the USB connection.

When it is complete, it will be in a "out of the box" state with whatever version of OS you had at the time of the Factory reset.
    09-10-15 08:07 AM