I have no idea how this happened but my Verizon Classic just deleted all of Hub messages (e-mails, texts, and visual voicemails) while my phone was in my holster. I have a Seidio Spring Clip Holster (with the magnet) and I don't allow my phone to unlock with the button on top. In fact, when I took my phone out of my holster after about 30 mins it was on a screen that was confirming the deletion of all Hub messages on my server. Thank GOD it hadn't gotten past that step (I'm using an Exchange Server and it would have likely resulted in the deletion of my e-mails across all of my devices)!!

Does anyone have any idea how this happened? Is it likely that my phone is defective or is there another way this could have happened? Sorry if it's obvious but it's the first time I have used a touchscreen phone and I'm trying to figure out how all of those commands could have happened while it was in my holster, as I assumed it was locked from any commands while in my holster?

Thanks for everyone's help,
    Jeremy
    03-08-15 11:14 PM
    First thing first, Have you tried to reboot the device?
    03-09-15 01:22 AM
    First thing first, Have you tried to reboot the device?
    Thanks for your help. No - I haven't tried to reboot. When this happened earlier tonight I removed my e-mails from syncing and then added them back to repopulate them.

Why would rebooting help (sorry if it's obvious)? I'm trying to sort out how this could have happened at all - perhaps a defective sensor that works with holster or a defective proximity sensor that would have somehow resulted in my phone's screen turning on? Still VERY confused how multiple items could have been selected in my holster?

FYI - I'm trying to figure out whether I have a defective unit because I'm within the 14 day purchase period from Verizon. Which is why I'm trying to sort out whether I'm the only one with this odd problem or whether I need to consider returning the Classic period. I'm seriously considering swapping phones just to be sure BUT I can't afford for this type of thing to happen again, as I'm just too busy.

Thanks for your help...
    03-09-15 02:08 AM
    Thanks for your help. No - I haven't tried to reboot. When this happened earlier tonight I removed my e-mails from syncing and then added them back to repopulate them.

Why would rebooting help (sorry if it's obvious)? I'm trying to sort out how this could have happened at all - perhaps a defective sensor that works with holster or a defective proximity sensor that would have somehow resulted in my phone's screen turning on? Still VERY confused how multiple items could have been selected in my holster?

FYI - I'm trying to figure out whether I have a defective unit because I'm within the 14 day purchase period from Verizon. Which is why I'm trying to sort out whether I'm the only one with this odd problem or whether I need to consider returning the Classic period. I'm seriously considering swapping phones just to be sure BUT I can't afford for this type of thing to happen again, as I'm just too busy.

Thanks for your help...
    Usually rebooting will fix some errors the system has but if you're under the 14 days exchange it for another new one and when you get that one wipe it and maybe even reload the os and wipe it again and set it up just to make sure

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 11:13 AM
    Likely you sat on it and it hit some keyboard keys and initiated some deleting.
    I've said it before, backspace to delete is the stupidest thing in the world, but it's there and it happens.
    Don't bang your phone
    03-09-15 01:27 PM
    I've said it before, backspace to delete is the stupidest thing in the world, but it's there and it happens.
    Don't bang your phone
    Can you elaborate?
    03-09-15 01:39 PM
    Don't bang your phone
    My phone was in my holster so I couldn't have sat on it :-) That's what just doesn't make sense. It was in my holster at the time!!
    03-09-15 06:02 PM
    Just initiated an exchange with Verizon because I'm still within my first 14 days. Will try the new handset when it arrives. Thanks for everyone's help.
    03-09-15 07:14 PM
    let me know how you make out, same thing happened to me and now my verizon phone is not ringing.
    03-13-15 10:14 AM
    let me know how you make out, same thing happened to me and now my verizon phone is not ringing.
    If there's anything I have learned about the Classic over the first 1-2 weeks of usage it's the following: If something doesn't work right then reboot. Here are some examples:

- Ringtones were working intermittenly - Reboot - SOLVED
    - Text messages weren't sending - Reboot - SOLVED
    - USB connection wasn't working for Blackberry Link - Reboot - SOLVED

I would strongly recommend that you reboot and your phone will probably start ringing. It's ANNOYING as hell, as my OLD Motorola Q9c could go 1+ months without the need to power down. But OS10 is like Windows 95 - it needs to be rebooted OFTEN to work properly.

All I can say is that OS10 is FAR from being polished and BB is LUCKY this is my only physical keyboard option (which is why I am supporting them)...
    03-13-15 12:20 PM
    I have no idea how this happened but my Verizon Classic just deleted all of Hub messages (e-mails, texts, and visual voicemails) while my phone was in my holster. I have a Seidio Spring Clip Holster (with the magnet) and I don't allow my phone to unlock with the button on top. In fact, when I took my phone out of my holster after about 30 mins it was on a screen that was confirming the deletion of all Hub messages on my server. Thank GOD it hadn't gotten past that step (I'm using an Exchange Server and it would have likely resulted in the deletion of my e-mails across all of my devices)!!

Does anyone have any idea how this happened? Is it likely that my phone is defective or is there another way this could have happened? Sorry if it's obvious but it's the first time I have used a touchscreen phone and I'm trying to figure out how all of those commands could have happened while it was in my holster, as I assumed it was locked from any commands while in my holster?

Thanks for everyone's help,
    Jeremy
    This is an old and vastly ignored BB10 bug, it happened to me before Christmas 2013 on my Q10, 3 months of sent and received emails gone, from server too, all my SMS and a lot of contacts or selective contact information. All gone forever. It's why I gave up on BB10

Bla1ze at the time enquired with BlackBerry and all they said is they couldn't reproduce this bug.
    03-15-15 06:12 AM