I just picked up a classic from kijiji. The kid seemed pretty legit, hell i even met him at his home. Before I go knocking on his door i thought id try you guys

The phone was working for a about 30 mins fine and then it just went blank and not the screen faintly flashes 2 shades of black. link wont alow me to do a restore and i tried a soft reset byu holding down up/down/lock button.

anyone have this issue/.?
    01-11-15 02:46 PM
    Start with a wipe and reinstall of the OS and go from there. If that proves unfruitful, look at running an autoloader on it. It's hard to say what may be going on however, after own several BB10 devices, I can say that while it's rare sometimes stuff like that happens. Maybe he wiped it before selling it and something just didn't settle right with it.
    01-11-15 03:15 PM
    Start with a wipe and reinstall of the OS and go from there. If that proves unfruitful, look at running an autoloader on it. It's hard to say what may be going on however, after own several BB10 devices, I can say that while it's rare sometimes stuff like that happens. Maybe he wiped it before selling it and something just didn't settle right with it.
    Thanks Bla1ze. I'm not able to wipe the device and it's not being recognized on my mac

Posted via CB10 with my powerful Passport
    01-11-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. I'm not able to wipe the device and it's not being recognized on my mac

I would suggest to use windows based pc and use BlackBerry Link. Even device is not recognized it will still set yours to factory default.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-11-15 03:30 PM
    Have you tried holding the power button from top for over 10 seconds to restart the system

From Classic
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-11-15 at 07:50 PM.
    01-11-15 04:01 PM
    Thanks for all the help all. I literally tried all your suggestions. Fortunately for me the seller was cool enough to take the device back and give me all my cash back.

kbz1960 and dbiv5445 like this.
    01-11-15 04:09 PM
    If it's a fair dinkum seller, he'd either give you the money back or when you buy, ask for the original receipt and have him sign it to prove transfer of ownership and warranty, so in the worst case you'd be entitled to have the device repaired or replaced with BBRY or the original reseller. *

:-)

Realistically, BBRY shouldn't even ask for proof of purchase, because every single device will definitely still be under warranty, it's been less than a month...

-----
    * no legal advice, and your mileage may vary in your jurisdiction

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 06:52 PM