Any suggestions?? ... My carrier doesn't offer the white version.
    And I'm not really the external hard/soft case type.... Thanks!
    09-16-16 08:14 AM
    You can try eBay.... but there just never were all that many.

At one time BlackBerry Replacement Parts - ETrade Supply had most of the parts.....
    09-16-16 08:28 AM
    Thanks for your help Mr. Dunt-Dunt.

Tell me this...

How many "components" make-up a
    BB Classic A La Carte...

KeyBoard + ? +?+ ? = Complete phone
    09-17-16 10:03 AM
    You're asking the complete package to turn a black one into a white one? Then you need a screen, a keyboard, a battery cover and the bottom keyboard strip. And a little skill My black Classic is coming this week and am looking forward to seeing it in person.

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    09-19-16 02:24 AM
    You're asking the complete package to turn a black one into a white one? Then you need a screen, a keyboard, a battery cover and the bottom keyboard strip. And a little skill My black Classic is coming this week and am looking forward to seeing it in person.

Somebody can send you white if it is not available at your place. Building a custom phone is not a good idea.

Posted via Priv
    09-19-16 03:47 AM
    Somebody can send you white if it is not available at your place. Building a custom phone is not a good idea.

Posted via Priv
    You're right about the first part, but why isn't it a good idea to build a custom phone? I did it with multiple BlackBerrys. If the housing is worn, should I buy a new phone or a new housing? Hmmm...
    There was a guy here that turned his black Passport into a white one with minimal effort. I plan to do the same but make it red.
    And you don't have to have extensive expertise in the domain of electronics to open up a phone and change a few parts, you just have to be a little careful and watch a disassembly tutorial first if need be.
    Of course, if you're paranoid about it, you better choose the easy way (i.e. Buy another phone) or go to a shop and let them do it for you, but if you aren't afraid of it, why should you backpedal?
    A little off topic, but where would the small hot rod builders be if they followed your advice?

09-19-16 08:11 AM
    Thanks All for your feedback.
    Once I get the conversion complete....

I'll upload some pics!!
    09-28-16 08:55 AM
    Thanks All for your feedback.
    Once I get the conversion complete....

I'll upload some pics!!
    Sounds cool!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 04:13 PM