I'm looking at changing from the SE to the Classic but concerned about how slow the phone was when it was released. Have the software updates help to reduce the lag or is it still slow?
    10-20-15 10:31 PM
    The Classic has similar specs to the Q10, while the Passport has a faster processor and more memory, so the Classic's performance will always be less than the SE's.
    10-20-15 10:40 PM
    But is 3.2 still as laggy as the initial release. I appreciate it won't run like the SE
    10-20-15 11:01 PM
    Slow as a wet week.
    10-21-15 06:59 AM
    Slow compared with what?

I do not consider my Classic to be not slow or laggy, but I came from a BB9900.
    10-21-15 07:44 PM
    [QUOTEI do not consider my Classic to be not slow or laggy, but I came from a BB9900.[/QUOTE]

Ok, ok For proof it's slow, on the home screen start typing anything like a name in your contacts or an Internet search query, then time how long it takes for anything to happen... waiting, waiting. My torch 9810 was faster.
    I like the Classic but it's slow and if you don't agree, you're either unaware of today's technical capabilities or you're simply in denial. Don't be angry, it's only a phone.

Posted via CB10
    AmritD likes this.
    10-22-15 05:02 AM
    Performance has barely improved over time. If you thought it was slow then, you'll think it's slow now.

Wait for the venice or try the passport.
    10-22-15 08:48 AM
    When I want to look-up a contact, I open the contact app. Seems fast enough for me.

When I want to search for something on the Internet, I open the web browser first. Seems fast enough for me.

Maybe my time is not as precious as yours?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:36 PM
    Ok, ok For proof it's slow, on the home screen start typing anything like a name in your contacts or an Internet search query, then time how long it takes for anything to happen... waiting, waiting. My torch 9810 was faster.
    A full 2 second to pull up a contact, the contacts birthday on calendar, and all emails I've had with that contact.

You're right, it's terribly slow (you can't see it, but I'm actually rolling my eyes).

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:41 PM
    The Classic is slow, universal search isn't snappy at all. The device wasn't future proofed at all.

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    10-22-15 02:27 PM
    Hi,

I owned a PP a few time ago and it was a very fast device! for now I own a iPhone 6+ and friend of me has a BB Classic which I use since a couple of days, just to try it. Well, it's not fast at all and I know the specs are differents but it's quit impressive slow how it works against the PP!
    In my daily work, the BB os itself is amazingly effective! as a communication device bb os is much more efficient as ios regardless specs.
    10-22-15 02:33 PM
    Ok, ok For proof it's slow, on the home screen start typing anything like a name in your contacts or an Internet search query, then time how long it takes for anything to happen... waiting, waiting.
    It must be something some of us have done or not done. If I type the first name of someone in my Contacts while at the home screen, the screen starts to change in less than 0.5 second (perhaps 1/3second) after I release that first character. I'm in the new screen in about a second, and the results are appearing on the screen 1.5 seconds after I started typing that first character. 'maybe a little less than that.

BTW... thanks for pointing out I can just begin typing at the home screen. I need to come back to this forum more often to pick up more tips like this.
    10-22-15 03:10 PM
    Universal search used to be fast before they ****ed it up with 10.3...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-22-15 03:33 PM
    The Classic is slow, universal search isn't snappy at all. ...
    I don't notice any delay on my Q5 when I start typing a universal search, and the performance of the Classic should be equal or better to a Q5. The only time I see a noticeable delay is when I open Android apps, but once they're running, they're usually fine.
    10-22-15 03:40 PM
    I don't notice any delay on my Q5 when I start typing a universal search, and the performance of the Classic should be equal or better to a Q5. The only time I see a noticeable delay is when I open Android apps, but once they're running, they're usually fine.
    Disabling full assistance also speeds things up.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    werkregen and andy n like this.
    10-22-15 03:49 PM
    its always been slow!
    10-22-15 10:20 PM
    ok For proof it's slow, on the home screen start typing anything like a name in your contacts or an Internet search query, then time how long it takes for anything to happen... waiting, waiting. My torch 9810 was faster.
    I like the Classic but it's slow and if you don't agree, you're either unaware of today's technical capabilities or you're simply in denial. Don't be angry, it's only a phone.

Posted via CB10
    If you adjust the Device Search settings in the settings menu of Assistant to include less Categories and Extended categories, you can speed searches up a lot.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 06:44 AM
    The only thing that is "slow" is the BB Assistant. But even then with all of the shortcuts possible, those extra few seconds still don't make up for all the time you save by using them rather than opening up apps individually to do things. I also turned full assistant off which makes it a bit faster as well. I never use that stuff anyway. I like doing things myself, never was one to "talk to my phone and hope it does what I want" type of person. Never would use Siri, Google Now, or BB Assistant... But that's just me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    10-23-15 07:59 AM
    Universal search used to be fast before they ****ed it up with 10.3...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    mine is damn near instant
    10-23-15 10:31 AM
    mine is damn near instant
    Hey man, I love my Classic as much as the next guy, but that's a lie. It's nowhere close to "instant" since assistant was introduced...

10-24-15 12:29 PM
    Hey man, I love my Classic as much as the next guy, but that's a lie. It's nowhere close to "instant" since assistant was introduced...

It's only instant if you leave it open

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 03:44 PM
    It's only instant if you leave it open

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    That probably would help, but I don't like keeping things open...

10-24-15 05:17 PM