I have both too, however the passport whilst being an amazing work horse and fabulous for emails and Internet, just love the screen as an everyday phone isn't as great as the Classic. On calls on the Passport I have to hold it away from my ear as otherwise my ear starts pressing the keys on the virtual dialling pad which is unpleasant for both parties. I love the feel and the look of the Classic too it's so nostalgic of BlackBerry Bold and is a great phone with the longlasting battery and gorgeous key pad.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 03:47 PM
    Passport certainly got the specs. Had BB blessed our Classics with PassPort specs, I wonder how many users would be still claiming PassPort is "better"??
    Totally agree.

A Classic with Passport specs would be a BlackBerry for life for me.

However, I guess BlackBerry knew that, so in respect of planned obsolescence they could not do that!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    02-29-16 02:49 AM
    Hi guys. Came from the Bold to the PP. Used it for a year but missed the trackball for one hand usage. Thus bought the Classic. Great phone for daily use but slower than the PP. Shame that OS will not be supported by BlackBerry one day. Until then Classic will stay firmly in my hand.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:30 PM
    ive got both and still use both .......................do love my blue classic tho
    03-01-16 12:39 AM
    Loved reading this discussion. If have both the Passport SE and the blue Classic. I struggle with which to use, as these are the most impressive devices out there. If the Classic came with a better camera, I would never switch back to the Passport. Also, the capacitive keyboard is very useful.

I guess there is no right answer.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:49 PM
    So I just got a Blue Classic today...but torn between this or my Passport!
    I love the Passport's 'soft' keyboard as well as the much larger screen estate, camera and just 'feels' good
    The Classic, other than the amazing trackpad... can't do as much in comparison...and I've only noticed how SMALL the screen is compared to the Passport!

Ah, I'm can't decide!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Follow Me at @OMGitsRLR
    03-01-16 04:01 PM
    hehe im also planning on swapping my classic to a pp se.. my only worry is how long will I adjust with the three row pkb.. I type so fast with my classic (muscle memory) hahaha....

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 09:48 PM
    I have both, to be honest I like Passport little bit more than Classic, because its bigger screen size and better performance.
    When summer comes I may use Classic more than Passport.
    03-03-16 02:37 AM
    I love my classic but when I go out for run and use my small Q10 in garmin connect app and perfect pcoket in my sleeves or tight pants. I switch them!

mookia
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    03-03-16 03:05 PM
    No, I went from Classic to passport - then Passport ATT - then Passport SE. Can't see myself using the classic. Classic has nothing(trackpad) on a passport.
    03-03-16 03:20 PM
    Nothing on Passport??? I disagree. Keyboard is better on Classic. Form factor is better. I heard that Priv had new launcher software so I pulled my Priv out and dusted it off and tried it for a day. I lasted 9 hours. Priv has huge problems wih text and it's hub is junk compared to Classic or Passport. I am back on my Classic. PP SE sitting in drawer next to Priv. I would by the Classic again.
    bigjman and kertong like this.
    03-03-16 06:45 PM
    Nothing on Passport??? I disagree. Keyboard is better on Classic. Form factor is better. I heard that Priv had new launcher software so I pulled my Priv out and dusted it off and tried it for a day. I lasted 9 hours. Priv has huge problems wih text and it's hub is junk compared to Classic or Passport. I am back on my Classic. PP SE sitting in drawer next to Priv. I would by the Classic again.
    then you should give me ur passport hahaha just kidding

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 08:55 PM
    Loved reading this discussion. If have both the Passport SE and the blue Classic. I struggle with which to use, as these are the most impressive devices out there. If the Classic came with a better camera, I would never switch back to the Passport. Also, the capacitive keyboard is very useful.

I guess there is no right answer.

Posted via CB10
    i also have the same as you love both of them ,i tend to use the passport for work and my blue classic for evening and weekends just due to the fact its easy to get in and out of my jeans pocket .the only thing i would of liked would of been a faster chip in the classic but apart from that love them both
    03-04-16 12:43 AM
    know what you mean did the same myself and think the same as you about the priv ,the wife is now using the priv
    03-04-16 12:45 AM
    Sort of weird how many people have done this...me included. I went from the SE to Priv to test out the new OS Blackberry wants us to use , back to the SE, and back to the Priv.

But I just can't get used to the poor notifications and user interface.

I found the Classic in my drawer and decided to give it a try again. I hadn't used it for too long due to the Passport and thought it deserved a fresh test drive.

It's only been a week, but it's really growing on me.
    03-10-16 03:53 PM
    i havent but a friend of mine had a classic then switched to the passport, but didnt switch back. He loves his Pasport
    03-10-16 06:30 PM
    Had a Passport for more than a year, great experience so far. Now due to a broken hand decided to get a Classic cause I can use it with one hand. After 2 days of use I am very happy with the functionality of the Classic. The belt and track pad are very useful, specs are inferior to the Passport but cannot really see a big performance difference, at least from my usage pattern. Data transfer between both phones was easy with Device exchange. Guess will use both from now on. :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 07:43 AM
    Just recently got a red Passport. NO ONE noticed my Classic, but everyone comments on the Red Passport. Not that the aesthetics makes the phone... Anyway, I'm still on the honeymoon period with the Passport. It took me almost zero time to adjust to the keyboard. Aside from the period and comma key, I'm probably just as fast on the PP as I am on the Classic as far as typing goes. I still miss the end/back key as sometimes I can't stand having to touch the screen. Maybe when I stop using dating apps I'll have no real reason for the Android compatibility/larger screen and I'll crave the simplicity of the Classic and/or my old IP67 feature phone...

An ideal sequel to the two phones would be a mashup..size is up for debate, but somehow integrate the call/menu/back/end keys into the keyboard or a belt, and let the capacitive keyboard act as a true trackpad. I imagine the last point would have eventually happened had BB10 not been mostly abandoned.
    03-11-16 03:55 PM
    Hopefully they Will make Classic v2, i think it deserves better hardware
    kertong likes this.
    03-11-16 03:59 PM
    Switched around a lot last year between PP, Classic and Q10. Just bought a PP SE, sold the Classic and kept the Q10.
    03-13-16 08:01 AM
    Yes, this is me as well. I had a Classic for a month, then switched to a Passport SE for a few weeks, but was finding the size just a little bit too bulky. So I switched back to the Classic which I am on right now. Both devices definitely have their own advantages; however, it seems like the Classic is overall just the more practical one. The Classic is also not so enticing as the more powerful SE, and thus the Classic makes me more productive by making me not want to keep browsing endlessly on it, on its smaller screen.

You can't really have 100% of what you want with either phone. The way I see it, the Classic gets me closer to that 100% perfect phone, so I think it's the one that's going to be with me for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    Sure you can.. just put the classic physical keys on the passport..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 05:58 PM
    Has anyone done classic to priv and then to classic?
    03-15-16 06:23 PM
    I use them both interchangeably. I use the Classic pretty much as my daily driver and keep the Passport as an email viewer and for the larger screen. If I know it's going to be a crazy day and I may be pounding my phone and need the battery, I'll put the sim in my Passport and rock that.

I love the Classic for its one handed use and the overall experience and I love the Passport for the beast that it is.

I love the keyboard on the classic more than I do on the Passport though. A lot of users like the PP keyboard better, but I feel like I'm faster on the Classic.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 Running T-Mobile Unlimited Data with WFC
    03-15-16 09:52 PM
    Just got a blue Classic and I love it so far. I'm someone who enjoys having different options to achieve the same thing. Thus having the touch-screen with BB10 gestures but also having the track-pad and the toolbelt allows me to change it up and keep things interesting as I am wont to do. Currently I'm trying to keep the screen as clean and smudge free as possible and the trackpad + toolbelt allow me to do so which is neat...literally. Also more intuitive than keyboard shortcuts which I never truly got used to even on the Passport.

Speaking of the Passport, that's the device I come from and currently have the white one which has the black font keyboard that lights up in bright white when it gets dark...I always get a kick out of that.

Anyway, it's just my first full day with the new Classic so I'll see how I adapt. It's currently my daily driver and I plan on using the Passport more for gaming and media consumption due to its better processing power and nicer screen. But I intend the Classic to be more of a one-handed communications tool...a device for people on the go.

Always have the option to change it up of course.
    03-22-16 10:44 AM
    In a choice between the two, I would pick the Classic. I find it is far more practical as a productivity tool.

The Passport and Classic both beat much newer phones hands down when it comes to surfing and typing, but I find the toolbelt + one handed usage make the classic far more flexible than the Passport when I am outdoors and/or multitasking.

The Passport is the most powerful BB10 available, and the keyboard does make it an excellent "terminal" device for situations that make the use of a larger device less practical, but where the Passport excels far above any other phone is as a technological icon. You will be able to show it to your grandchildren one day and say "for some reason, they made this. . ." People will walk up to you in the street to ask you about it, when you use it in meetings people will stare at it, and if you bring it to parties people who are not normally thieves will try to steal it. The Passport is an amazing device and you could be forgiven for buying one just to look at it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:15 PM
50 12