The iphone 6 I received on launch day.

I had about 2 and half mos of glitches for messaging and email. Plus it felt cheap. (Gold 6 128gb)

So I started researching Blackberrys and discovered the passport on amazon. I've owned every iphone released, but dabbled in blackberry bolds off and on when iphones would **** me off.

I bought the passport from amazon, used it for two weeks. Hardware, speed, micro SD, and the screen crushed my iphone. However, it was to large for pocket carry. The width killed it for me. I'm in the firearm business, so a lot of "prone" positions, movement, cqb, etc.
    So I found an awesome Q10 on ebay, this thing came w a hard wood carved box, all oem gear and an extra battery for $190.
    I used it until my Classic arrived on the 19th.
    The classic is old school to me.
    It accomplishes everything I need it to.
    All it lacks is a good camera, which I'm married, so my wife handles 99 percent of photos.
    It's not a toy, the messaging works perfect, the hub is great. And in my business, having a physical button to "hang up" with is a must. I wear gloves a lot, and the iphone/passport sucked when I tried hanging up.

All the complaints I hear from people always revolve around some random app I've never even heard of. At the end of the day, those apps are just distractions.

I do not live my life through my phone. It's just a business tool.
    The classic is the best of all world's thus far for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:20 PM
    The iphone 6 I received on launch day.

I had about 2 and half mos of glitches for messaging and email. Plus it felt cheap. (Gold 6 128gb)

So I started researching Blackberrys and discovered the passport on amazon. I've owned every iphone released, but dabbled in blackberry bolds off and on when iphones would **** me off.

I bought the passport from amazon, used it for two weeks. Hardware, speed, micro SD, and the screen crushed my iphone. However, it was to large for pocket carry. The width killed it for me. I'm in the firearm business, so a lot of "prone" positions, movement, cqb, etc.
    So I found an awesome Q10 on ebay, this thing came w a hard wood carved box, all oem gear and an extra battery for $190.
    I used it until my Classic arrived on the 19th.
    The classic is old school to me.
    It accomplishes everything I need it to.
    All it lacks is a good camera, which I'm married, so my wife handles 99 percent of photos.
    It's not a toy, the messaging works perfect, the hub is great. And in my business, having a physical button to "hang up" with is a must. I wear gloves a lot, and the iphone/passport sucked when I tried hanging up.

All the complaints I hear from people always revolve around some random app I've never even heard of. At the end of the day, those apps are just distractions.

I do not live my life through my phone. It's just a business tool.
    The classic is the best of all world's thus far for me.

Posted via CB10
    I knew it the minute you mentioned cerakote, lol.

BTW, is that one of the finishes you can apply without baking? I want to put some kind of finish on the contact points of my bike rack, because the current paint is chipping in those spots and it is rusting. Wondering what is the toughest finish I can put on them that is just spray on. I know I'll have to clean the surfaces first, but was wondering if you'll have some advice on that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-14 10:28 PM
    Yes
    It's perfect for metal. I could send photos of firearms I own w thousands of rounds thru them. Cerakote still looks new

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:30 PM
    Received mine last Thursday and am in love. My Z10 has become a backup now. Until now the Z10 was my favorite device of all time. Now the Classic has joined the ranks and I'm excited to own 2 of the best BBs imo. Keyboard is buttery smooth like the good ol 9900 days. Black classic was a trial period for me to make sure I liked it. Now I'm just waiting for the white classic to be released.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    12-24-14 11:06 PM
    Love the classic! Had the passport and lasted only a few days. Too big for me and the keyboard was awkward. Yes, the passport is a better phone specs wise but not better if I can't type and hold the phone with ease.
    12-24-14 11:54 PM
    Note, I believe the Passport is a joke and all other BB10 devices are pure garbage. I came from a Q10 which did email well but was vastly inferior in every other respect.
    Your opening paragraph was great. By the time I finished reading the above, I was shaking my head wondering how you could be saying such things. Pure garbage? Give me a break.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-25-14 12:28 AM
    Yes
    It's perfect for metal. I could send photos of firearms I own w thousands of rounds thru them. Cerakote still looks new

Posted via CB10
    Oh I don't doubt the durability of cerakote, I have my LC9 refinished in it, the original finish was garbage, started rusting within a month of owning it... I was wondering about the application process. I know some finishes need to be baked on and such. Can that be added on without anything like that? Keep in mind it is a bike rack attached to a car so it needs to be something that is just applied after I run the wire wheel over it with the rotary tool to clean off the rust...

12-25-14 01:12 AM
    Went from iPhone 5s to Q10 to Passport to Q10 and now to the Classic. Which I will keep because it is the best device for me.
    12-25-14 02:48 AM
    Hi quick question for the blackberry classic owners. Does anyone also use a Sony camera and uses his nfc on his phone to receive pictures from the camera with the sony play memories app? I would like to know if this android app works with the classic and if the sony camera's connect thru nfc with the classic and starts sending photos to the phone.

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-25-14 03:50 AM
    How about BLACKBERRY CLASSIC Q20. This is my life <3
    12-25-14 04:19 AM
    I received a Classic for Christmas this morning and will be trying it out later.
    kitmo likes this.
    12-25-14 04:57 AM
    Best phone I ever owned lovin the size ,weight,battery life plus thinking when Classic 2 comes out ? it will have the a lot of the goodys from legacy devices and whamo specs .
    12-25-14 05:53 AM
    I love mine. Anyone who needs a proper device to send/receive business emails, txt, bbm, etc (ie MESSAGES) should be required by law to own this device.

That said, it's still inferior to iOS in some respects because it's not as smooth (delays, reboots) and also Android installed apps do not function perfectly like they would on an Android or iOS device. It doesn't make me want to use an iPhone or Android but it should be noted. The Classic is definitely slower than the Q10 in my opinion.

Note, I believe the Passport is a joke and all other BB10 devices are pure garbage. I came from a Q10 which did email well but was vastly inferior in every other respect.
    Have you had the chance to use a passport? Why is it a joke?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:18 AM
    Love my classic, coming from a Nexus 5. Was gonna get a N6, but the classic caught my eye and I am very glad I grabbed it. Sideloaded Snap for android apps and I have the best of both worlds!
    geekaren likes this.
    12-25-14 07:30 AM
    It may be the perfect BlackBerry for me. Size, feel, kb, screen, 10.3.1

Posted from my Classic.
    I'd be really interested in a review from you, to be honest!
    I promise that I won't say anything about the price and specs if you write one
    12-25-14 07:58 AM
    Love this phone. I have pretty much owned them all but my favorite all time was the 9900. Still, it was antiquated and retired for the Z10>Q10>Z30>Passport> back to the Q10 and now the Classic. In short, I could not get used to the touch screens but kept trying anyway. Passport was too large and the Q, too small but still was the best of the lot for me. Enter the classic.
    I have been using it since last Friday and I really think this is an amazing device. It just feels right in your hand. Notice how I said hand, and not hands. Passport owners understand this. I am also a business user, and although I do use a few apps, I have found that the android apps work fairly well, even if not as they were designed to. I really think Blackberry has thought this one through and got it right. Forget the bashers with the comments about the old specs. Who cares? Besides, there is no way to make everyone happy with every issue. This is not possible. If you are planning on using this phone as your tablet then you are in the wrong forum. This phone has a specific purpose and if you want a really solidly built device, that works as it should, I don't think you can go wrong here. Just my two cents for what it's worth.
    geekaren, andy957, Alain_A and 3 others like this.
    12-25-14 08:01 AM
    So if I'm correct the Classic has the same reso as the q10 I'm doubting pokerstars app or full tilt poker would work right? Anyone care to try for me?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:44 AM
    Cerakote is baked on. Fairly easy. For bike rack you may want to consider garage floor paint. That stuff you roll onto the floor. It lasts forever and durable

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:53 AM
    So if I'm correct the Classic has the same reso as the q10 I'm doubting pokerstars app or full tilt poker would work right? Anyone care to try for me?

Posted via CB10
    if it play on Q 10 then it should do the same for Classic if not better
    12-25-14 09:00 AM
    Yes it does

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:01 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:09 AM
    I'd be really interested in a review from you, to be honest!
    I promise that I won't say anything about the price and specs if you write one
    I will. Give me another day or two to get a real feel for battery life and such.

Posted from my Classic.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-25-14 09:24 AM
    I will. Give me another day or two to get a real feel for battery life and such.

Posted from my Classic.
    Hey, that was easy

But no stress, enjoy the Holidays first!
    12-25-14 09:35 AM
    Cerakote is baked on. Fairly easy. For bike rack you may want to consider garage floor paint. That stuff you roll onto the floor. It lasts forever and durable

Posted via CB10
    Way too thick though, these are contact points and one in particular is where a pin goes through to lock it in place when you unfold it and while there's a LITTLE bit of play, it's not enough for that garage floor epoxy. Dammit about Cerakote, that's a very thin finish, that would have been perfect. Duracoat has the spray on version, but I think that is also kind of a thick finish as well. But maybe I'll give it a try, heard it was only like $40 for the DIY spray-on kit, lol.

12-25-14 09:51 AM
    Perfect phone for me... and I had many Blackberrys iPhones and android phones...

 Classic
    12-25-14 09:52 AM
72 123