Hi berryers...

2 questions:

1- could someone pls guide me on where/how to have google maps on my classic?

2- best Android app store to download from besides snap? "Don't want to sideload"

Appreciate your kind responses.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 08:43 AM
    You are going to have to sideload Google Maps, either through Snap or google search for the apk file (preferably and older version, i.e.6.xxx- 8.xxx) they seem to run better and faster (in my opinion). You can just google and find the apk, email it to your phone, and install it directly.

Snap is almost a "must have" if you have interest in Android applications. Also, Google Play Store has been modded by Cobalt, big thread in Crackberry, but the installation is not nearly as easy as Snap, and there will be some limitations on certain features.
    01-03-15 09:21 AM
    Load Snap Man. It's easy and once done, the full Android market is available to you. Haven't DL'd an app from there yet that didn't work great on the Classic, though I'm sure there are probably a few that won't. Load Snap using the Google Chrome Browser add on method. You can find details how to do this on CrackBerry.com. Very simple. Once Snap is loaded, you can DL apps directly to the phone. It's better than all app stores I've tried, even though it's an extras step to load initially.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:47 AM
    Thanks Gents. Advice appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:12 PM
    I've loaded Snap and it's dope.

Good tool. So far all my apps downloaded work fine (Google Maps, instagram, soundhound, autodesk sketchbook,huffington post, team stream, amazon, indeed job search, ) BB really needs to update their map app. Only issue I have is with Snapchat, it works, but glitchy at times.

Other than that, you have to sideload, or play the waiting game mayne.
    01-06-15 12:14 PM
    I have downloaded a couple of apps for my Classic using Snap and they all work fine. The only issue I have had is sometimes the Amazon app store doesn't load right, but I just close it out and reopen it and it's fine.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-06-15 12:25 PM