Hi there! I have a question about Google Maps that I haven't seen anyone else raise yet.

After installing the basic Cobalt system - but not Google Maps explicitly - I find that I can get Maps function anyway by going through Google Settings:

Google Settings -> Maps and Latitude

Does anyone else see that too? And, would I get anything _more_ if I went through the process of patching and installing Google Maps?

Thanks - Neil

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 04:05 PM
    Are you able to log into your Google account in Google maps?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 05:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I don't see any explicit 'login' option anywhere. But I think I'm already logged into my normal Google account, because 'My Places' works.

Does that make sense?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 06:08 PM
    Try going to Settings > edit home or work > and what does it display?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 05:24 AM
    Who's up for some testing? Following up on my prior post, I've successfully patched a number of apps; however, Google Maps seems to give me trouble. It patches fine (Cobalt's Play Services Patcher says it was successful), but when I launch it on my Z30 or Z10 it crashes immediately. I've successfully installed and run versions that other folks have patched. So, I've posted the latest Google Maps v9.22.1-patched.apk at the link below and wondered if anyone would be willing to install it or update their Google Maps app and let me know the result. This way I can try to determine if the problem is my phone or something with my PC and Play Services Patcher. Oh, and if it doesn't work on your phone either - don't worry. A prior version of Google Maps can be found at this box location. - THANKS

https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7
    Crash (Z30)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 11:28 AM
    Google maps works on Snap

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 03:44 PM
    Are you using Win 10 to patch the apk? There was another user who couldn't patch and I know he was using win 10 so that might have been the problem.

In any case you want to try the whole experiment again, here's the latest version (9.19.1) of google maps apk, already patched:

https://mega.nz/#!TRNEnapC!XfdGsrkKf...pSCZmso9Q1s1Eg

I, too, at first thought that google maps was fine for my usage without all those Cobalt's services, but the few extras that the services provide do make your life easier, especially in the long run.
    Cheers for the Mega link mate, could not patch the map at all and this way it's sorted. Cheers again!

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.836 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    04-04-16 06:42 PM
    All u need is latest Apk for it and it works!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 06:52 PM
    Just use Blackberry Maps for a Blackberry device, if you must use Google Maps, buy a cheap $30 prepaid Moto E and be on your merry way

J� Be....Here But Gone...
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-04-16 08:27 PM
    I did have the latest apk as per Cobalt but just got dark screen and off line. Delete reinstall download etc etc, not working. I have added Google maps to blackberry maps as it is updated more frequently and therefore more accurate. When was the last time bbmaps was updated? Yeah right I can't remember either

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.836 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    04-04-16 10:15 PM
    Who's up for some testing? Following up on my prior post, I've successfully patched a number of apps; however, Google Maps seems to give me trouble. It patches fine (Cobalt's Play Services Patcher says it was successful), but when I launch it on my Z30 or Z10 it crashes immediately. I've successfully installed and run versions that other folks have patched. So, I've posted the latest Google Maps v9.22.1-patched.apk at the link below and wondered if anyone would be willing to install it or update their Google Maps app and let me know the result. This way I can try to determine if the problem is my phone or something with my PC and Play Services Patcher. Oh, and if it doesn't work on your phone either - don't worry. A prior version of Google Maps can be found at this box location. - THANKS

https://app.box.com/s/5k3rf55wt76qaifs5flsvmcgolpk80x7
    I haven't tried your Google Maps apk, but just patched the most recent one (9.22.2), and it works fine on my z30. Here's the linked to my patched apk:

https://mega.nz/#!eEEBETyY!loXdPA05_...8thKNkH4Xv16No
    SilverSfr and hjc73734 like this.
    04-06-16 03:59 AM
    Now, when people say "just download the latest apk from snap it works fine" does that mean that you can login to your Gmail account and have access to your saved locations (home and work) as well as any maps you've created? Or does it mean that you can open the app, type in an address and have it direct you to it? Because those are two very different versions of "it works fine".

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 06:45 AM
    Now, when people say "just download the latest apk from snap it works fine" does that mean that you can login to your Gmail account and have access to your saved locations (home and work) as well as any maps you've created? Or does it mean that you can open the app, type in an address and have it direct you to it? Because those are two very different versions of "it works fine".

Posted via CB10
    "It works fine" is opening and functioning without crashing.

"It works great" means you can login and access your saved addresses.

Posted via CB10 with my Classic
    04-06-16 08:17 AM
    Hi. I just tried to download the link but it asks for decryption key ! Any ideas?
    05-16-16 05:26 PM
    I haven't tried your Google Maps apk, but just patched the most recent one (9.22.2), and it works fine on my z30. Here's the linked to my patched apk:

https://mega.nz/#!eEEBETyY!loXdPA05_...8thKNkH4Xv16No
    Is it decrypted or am I doing something wrong?
    05-16-16 05:28 PM
    Is it decrypted or am I doing something wrong?
    You are copy/pasting the link. That won't work. You need to open it by clicking on it. Or right-click on the link and select "Open Link in new tab" (these are Firefox instructions)

The link that you see is shortened by Crackberry. See those dots (...)? What you see is not the link, it's just a label for it:

The link actually looks like this (you need to combine the two lines and remove the one space towards the end that Crackberry put there for some reason)

http
    s://mega.nz/#!eEEBETyY!loXdPA05_PSnOHlTaNmylmEqWX5WS8thKNkH4Xv 16No
    Last edited by pomidor; 05-17-16 at 05:28 AM.
    05-17-16 04:58 AM
    You are copy/pasting the link. That won't work. You need to open it by clicking on it. Or right-click on the link and select "Open Link in new tab" (these are Firefox instructions)

The link that you see is shortened by Crackberry. See those dots (...)? What you see is not the link, it's just a label for it:

The link actually looks like this (you need to combine the two lines and remove the one space towards the end that Crackberry put there for some reason)
    oooooopss!!! thank you!
    http
    05-17-16 08:21 AM

http
    05-17-16 08:23 AM
    I just use it within the browser. Works fine. That's basically what the "app" loads everything in an HTML frame.

Typed using my QNX powered BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    05-18-16 08:22 PM
    Thank you all guys!
    05-19-16 01:14 AM
    It's been a over a week now, my Google map is up and running on my passport SE,
    There was a pop up in playstore and found that Google map has an update, I tried form play store and it says you can't update this app not sure why? I thought once the app is patched than we can up date it

Can some one shade some light please

Thanks in advance

Posted via my favorite passport SE
    06-02-16 09:29 PM
    Google maps-img_20160602_223048.png

Posted via my favorite passport SE
    06-02-16 09:31 PM
    Folder is Empty
    07-17-16 07:33 AM
48 12