I'm going from a Q10 to a Classic next week. All you Classic owners looking back in hindsight can I get a few tips about what to do first......and maybe 2nd & 3rd LOL Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:45 PM
    The two phones are about 98% the same. There are short cuts with the tool belt that simplify calls, emails, closing apps, etc. There isn't much you need to know outside the tool belt. Look through the threads for the Classic and you will pick up some good info.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:04 AM
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 04:21 AM
    Tip one: try the trackpad everywhere!
    -The trackpad works in quite a few android applications.
    -While using the camera, pushing and holding the trackpad will refocus, then releasing the trackpad will take the picture immediately.
    -from the home screen, trackpad left will go to the hub.
    -pushing and holding shift then scrolling with the trackpad will highlight text.(then menu key will quickly bring you to copy/paste options).
    -if you're in the hub, shift+scrolling will select multiple items. Once selected and you can act on those items simultaneously.(delete all. Or mark all unread, if the are all emails that are being selected).
    -within applications that support this, alt + trackpad will immediately bring the cursor to the top or bottom of the screen and highlight the icons on the top/bottom of applications(rather then scrolling through text boxes/lists/pages just to get to the top).

The call key will open the phone. Pressing it twice will re-dial the last call.

Menu key will typically open overflow menus. If the menu key is pressed from the home screen, it will open the quick settings (similar to swiping down from the top of the screen.)

Back key is very useful, especially in android applications. (since many android phones have back keys, it's programmed into most applications).
    -on the home screen, with applications minimized and running in active frames, the back key will close the highlighted application.

Your end key will minimizes applications, set them to active frames, and return you to the home screen.

Hope this helped. Any other questions?

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and bigjman like this.
    11-25-15 11:24 AM
    Tip one: try the trackpad everywhere!
    -The trackpad works in quite a few android applications.
    -While using the camera, pushing and holding the trackpad will refocus, then releasing the trackpad will take the picture immediately.
    -from the home screen, trackpad left will go to the hub.
    -pushing and holding shift then scrolling with the trackpad will highlight text.(then menu key will quickly bring you to copy/paste options).
    -if you're in the hub, shift+scrolling will select multiple items. Once selected and you can act on those items simultaneously.(delete all. Or mark all unread, if the are all emails that are being selected).
    -within applications that support this, alt + trackpad will immediately bring the cursor to the top or bottom of the screen and highlight the icons on the top/bottom of applications(rather then scrolling through text boxes/lists/pages just to get to the top).

The call key will open the phone. Pressing it twice will re-dial the last call.

Menu key will typically open overflow menus. If the menu key is pressed from the home screen, it will open the quick settings (similar to swiping down from the top of the screen.)

Back key is very useful, especially in android applications. (since many android phones have back keys, it's programmed into most applications).
    -on the home screen, with applications minimized and running in active frames, the back key will close the highlighted application.

Your end key will minimizes applications, set them to active frames, and return you to the home screen.

Hope this helped. Any other questions?

Posted via CB10
    Nice, I use those things on my Classic all of the time. People who claim the toolbelt is useless in BB10 have no clue.

I didn't know the camera one though, thanks for that, it's super useful, I'll definitely start using that. I just wish BB would put keyboard shortcuts in the camera app, like F to toggle flash on, off, or auto, M to change modes, etc...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-25-15 12:36 PM
    One additional function I find very useful and use all the time is double pressing the BlackBerry button when sending an email or text. Much better than touching the screen.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    11-25-15 12:45 PM
    One additional function I find very useful and use all the time is double pressing the BlackBerry button when sending an email or text. Much better than touching the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Sending an email yes, but sending a text it seems like a waste since pressing enter sends the text. I wish it defaults to something else.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-25-15 12:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a good alternative if you have 'press enter to send' turned off.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:56 PM
    Thank you. You guys have been really helpful

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:23 AM
    Damn, you guys make me want to buy a classic!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 04:04 PM