Cases seem to interfere with certain gestures, and also interfere with the way my fingers want to press the keys alongside the edges. So I go caseless with tempered glass screen protector + holster on weekdays, Body Glove case on weekends if I want to have my phone with me but probably won't use it that much.

From a Classic
    05-20-15 04:33 PM
    I'm sure there are a lot of people who switch out cases regularly. Shouldn't put any stress on the phone right

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:39 PM
    I mostly use the oem leather holster when I'm out of office because I enabled "lift device" to wake and it would sometimes wake in my pocket or wake when pulling it out and stuff would happen. Also I started noticing some small chips on the silver frame at the bottom of the phone probably from my jeans. Rest of the times it's all natural.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 03:30 AM
    I first bought the OEM leather swivel holster (received it before my Classic) and barely used it in the following months. At some point I needed more space in my jacket pocket and started using it. Now, I can do without on weekdays.

 Instant Classic!
    05-21-15 07:50 AM
    The leather holster is the only item I use as I spend most of my time at my desk. Holster is for when I go out.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 08:27 AM
    I'm going without and case as the body seems quite hard wearing. Was toying with the idea of a screen protector, but decided against it as it would bug me when swiping up etc.
    05-21-15 04:28 PM
    I can't imagine putting a case on this bad boy, though I am considering getting one of the glass screen protectors.

Anyone recommend a certain brand? And how much different the feel is compared to natural?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 06:26 PM
    There doesn't seem to be any brand names available for the Classic such as Zagg or Ultimate Shield, just your run of the mill no name glass protectors....that's not to say that they won't be any good though.

As for feel, going from what I've got on other devices, there is less resistance with the protector due to the special coating on it.

As I said before, the only issue I can see is that it will create a lip at the bottom of the screen where you'll need to swipe up....just a personal thing but it would bug me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-22-15 01:13 AM
    You should look at the Seidio Vitreo. Seems nice if you want a screen protector.

 Instant Classic!
    05-22-15 07:47 AM
    You guys really helped with making my decision for getting cases for my Classic and Passport. I'm going to pass on the cases and get screen protectors. I've never really paid attention to why I had been dropping my phones in the past; they were too light. I'm very confident in the weight of the Classic and Passport, which keeps them grounded in my hands while using and/or carrying them. Thanks guys.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    05-23-15 05:21 AM
    I've used a case on every single device I have ever used except the Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Q10, and the Classic. Have just always felt really comfortable with hand fit and grip. Well there was the one time I had my Bold 9930 holstered and went to grab it and flipped it about 20 feet down the hall. One drop if 20 years of cell phones. Not bad, right?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    05-23-15 08:43 AM
    What's a case?
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    05-23-15 08:54 AM
    Anyone forgoing a case? With every phone I get I buy 5+ cases and get fed up with each one. I end up having a pile of wasted money. So this time when Verizon tried to guilt me into using a case I turned them down. So far so good. The back of the classic has plenty of grip. And it seems sturdy enough to handle day to day use.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S83...UvbUpU11657397

This case is superb. They're all over Amazon, too. Some with prime.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:58 AM
    I think it's less important to put a case on a Classic vs a full touch, because you're less likely to drop a Classic than a full touch. People learn to try and carry their phones without touching the screen, so they end up carrying them by pinching the sides, which is far less stable than holding it front-and-back. With the Classic, you can very easily hold it with a thumb on the keyboard without pressing any keys. Just one more reason why I love this form-factor.

From a Classic
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    05-25-15 12:19 PM
39 12