Hi all,

Q10 user here and a big fan of the 9900 style so I maybe looking at getting the Classic with a potential upgrade.

I am wondering though how Classic users dealt with the transition to the UI With the trackpad and such?

I did have to go back to the 9900 a few times from the Q10 and the transition was seamless but BBOS isn't touch and swipe. With BB10 on the Classic it's a combo of trackpad and touch/swipe. Just wondering if anybody encountered anything or how the overall transition went.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 04:05 PM
    If I were you, I'd find a demo Classic and play with it.

I was so for the Classic and the original trackpad....until I played with one. The trackpad is so small, and the toolbelt seems so out of place with BB10, it actually makes the experience worse IMO
    06-10-15 08:35 AM
    I've had q10's and just got myself a classic last week. I find I use the track pad just to highlight stuff really but use the other 4 buttons all the time. It is so nice not having to look at the screen to know that you've actually ended a call!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 08:39 AM
    It's an interesting one this.

I have had a bit of an ordeal the last few weeks as I used to use a Q10 last year but sold it on due to wanting a change etc.
    I picked up a Passport the day they came out and enjoyed using that for a few months but ultimately the size was too big for me.

I was interested in the Classic for a while having loved my Q10 and bought one last month.
    I had the Classic for 2 days and sold it on. Purely due to the UI and the tool belt which I didn't personally think worked with BB10. Small things really like the blue box that highlights over images and text as you scroll on Instagram or Facebook which ruins pictures and the screen quality not being that great compared to other smartphones and the Passport.

So with that I went back to the Q10. However I found that the age of that device was showing and I struggled using it compared to the Classic. The Q's keyboard was very small in comparison and felt cramped a year on after I had one, plus the small screen made it difficult for me to close down active apps. It was tricky and not much fun.
    I also hate the dull screen.

Last week my boyfriend went and upgraded his iPhone 5 to the 6 as part of his contract and whilst we were there I noticed they had a Classic on display.
    I started playing with it and was immediately drawn back to it. I think I was a bit hasty with my decision to get rid of it so soon without trying to find a way round the highlighted images on FB, Instagram etc - which since some people on here have offered solutions.
    I may try and pick one up again soon but if I do it'll be a white one. I'm in the UK so a white one is readily available at the min.

In answer to the OP then. As an experienced phone user with both Q10, Passport and Classic very recently, I say get the Classic and give it a try for a week or 2. It's a very well built phone and feels great.
    06-10-15 09:01 AM
    I enjoy the speed of navigation with the trackpad and toolbelt. Tried using a Q10 recently, and while I love the size, I kept wishing there were quicker ways to navigate rather than having to reach up and touch the screen. The physical buttons make navigation possible without looking at the buttons you're pressing.
    06-10-15 09:58 AM
    I think BB10 works even better with the toolbelt. Peek-and-flow Hub gestures aren't quite as nice on the Classic as on the Q and Z phones, but I rarely need to do onscreen gestures now that I have the toolbelt.

From a Classic
    06-10-15 10:04 AM