Anybody using any tools, apps, methods on their BlackBerry that supports Getting Things Done by David Allen.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:15 PM
    I use Remember and SlickTasks.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:42 PM
    Remember app and Evernote app...oh and my passport/classic dual wield.

But nothing will ever beat pen and paper:

Field Notes
    Fisher space pen
    GTD notetaker wallet
    Sharpie markers
    Legal pads
    dbellone likes this.
    04-17-15 10:26 PM
    BlackBerry 10 provides all the tools I need. Remember app, calendar app, BlackBerry Hub, awesome no BS OS.

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    04-17-15 10:31 PM
    Remember app. BlackBerry Travel. Hub for quick emails, attachments searches. The NFC on my phone paired with a smart tag in my car. And to play music I use voice assistant. I find the OS easy and fast to use vs my daughter's LG G3. I use the keyboard to take notes during our meetings and share it to my email etc. Track pad is great for quick copy and paste. BlackBerry Maps for navigation since I drive a lot for work too.

Posted via Classic
    04-18-15 09:13 AM
    To be honest, Remember app (and GTD) was one of the primary reasons I got a Q10 (not to mention the productivity enhancement potential of a pkb device). However, in the time it took BlackBerry to add recursive task capability to BlackBerry (which was a long long time), I moved away from using it for GTD. Another critical limitation for me is the absence of task sync support over CalDAV, which means I don't have an easy way to sync my tasks without handing them over to some big brother, but that's another thing you may not care.
    Now, I only use remember to capture thoughts/ideas and todos as my GTD inbox. The real GTD workflow happens on my PCs using taskwarrior which provides its own sync server.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-18-15 12:22 PM
    Thanks Nivon. That was the type of answer I was looking for.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    04-18-15 07:56 PM
    Thanks Nivon. That was the type of answer I was looking for.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you wrote that. I never understand why people reply with information that doesn't answer the OP's question.
    04-18-15 08:13 PM
    I love the Remember app for notes. It's funny that Blackberry has such a simple, easy to use built in note app, yet Android has a bunch of ad-supported junk ones for download and nothing as nice built in.
    04-18-15 08:15 PM
    I love the Remember app for notes. It's funny that Blackberry has such a simple, easy to use built in note app, yet Android has a bunch of ad-supported junk ones for download and nothing as nice built in.
    Remember is nice (and the Evernote compatibility is fantastic), but I'd prefer full-functioned Evernote (no ads) that is on par with what is on other platforms.

Third-party options almost always trump built-in ones eventually. I can't think of a major notes app on Android that has ads.
    04-18-15 09:35 PM
    The real GTD workflow happens on my PCs using taskwarrior which provides its own sync server.
    Did you manage to sync to sync the BlackBerry with the Taskserver?
    There is an Android App called Taskhelm. But I don't know how to setup the sync.
    Any help?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 09:45 AM
    Also try out Microsoft OneNote it's great and has cloud sync for notes on different devices. It easily zooms in and out and offers formatting of text as well as allot of other features. It I can be downloaded on Amazons App Store.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 10:34 AM
    Did you manage to sync to sync the BlackBerry with the Taskserver?
    There is an Android App called Taskhelm. But I don't know how to setup the sync.
    Any help?
    I had tried an android app (don't remember the name, sorry), but I found the performance abysmal on my Q10. I also realized that a frontend will limit how I interact with and setup my workflow with taskwarrior. So, I didn't pursue it further.

Sorry to not be of more help, but even to this day, for _my_ use and workflow, I've found that none of the taskwarrior GUIs are suitable. So, I just rely on the native CLI tool and sync across my laptop/desktop. On my phone, I use remember as my inbox as well as to capture reference information.
    04-18-17 11:56 AM
    @nivon
    Thanks for your answer.
    I made a mistake: I didn´t mean Taskhelm because Taskhelm is a GUI for Taskwarrior and I also think that a GUI would limit taskwarrior´s productivity.

I think I had installed the same android app like you before. It was called "Mirakel" (or anything like that...). They mentioned it on TW´s homepage but it was terrrible to use with more than 5 tasks.

What I meant was "TaskwarriorAndroid":
    https://bitbucket.org/kvorobyev/taskwarriorandroid/src
    It is a more just a wrapper around the normal task CLI commands. I liked the idea of having a TW CLI on the mobile, but I couldn´t manage to setup a valid ~/.taskrc because I couldn´t find out the right dirnames and the also these dirnames changes dynamically at each run. Maybe some security feature of QNX...?...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 12:45 AM
    @SJOrreily
    Thank you for suggesting MS OneNote.
    Can OneNote sync to Remember App or the buildin Calendar?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 12:48 AM
    Thanks as far as I can see OneNote does not sync to Remember or the Calendar. I tend to like to backup my notes, so use Remember as a backup to OneNote just in case. I have been using OneNote for several months with zero issues syncing between a Classic, Passport and a Samsung Droid tablet. It's really decent from my experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 08:02 AM
    @nivon
    What I meant was "TaskwarriorAndroid":
    https://bitbucket.org/kvorobyev/taskwarriorandroid/src
    It is a more just a wrapper around the normal task CLI commands. I liked the idea of having a TW CLI on the mobile, but I couldn´t manage to setup a valid ~/.taskrc because I couldn´t find out the right dirnames and the also these dirnames changes dynamically at each run. Maybe some security feature of QNX...?...
    Ah, good idea, but again, I haven't tried that. FWIW, taskwarriorandroid has been packaged up and is available through f-droid. You could try installing from there and see if it works like you expect it to.
    04-21-17 07:48 AM
    Im using Toodledo with the app Toodletasks on my Classic . Its free and have a good sync . The app is an android-port but have a very nice performance. You can config folders or context on toodledo to be GTD categories (Inbox, delegated, active, etc)
    04-22-17 08:00 PM