I could rant for an hour on some of the massive software oversights on this phone - I rarely do because it's like throwing good time after bad since nothing is ever done and it just gets worse with each update. Here's the latest:

I dial a number and set the phone down waiting for the person to answer - In that time the phone goes to sleep. If that person never answers or it goes to a voice mail system (another eight rings) and I want to hang up before it does go to VM, I can't simply hang up with the physical right red end button.I must hit the end button, which does nothing except bring up the "greatest hits screen" and then I have to swipe or hit the power button and then hit the end button again.

I waited for the classic so I could have those physical buttons and the tool belt again, so that I would know I was answering or hanging up and not having to swipe three or four times before it "took". There used to be a joke that you could always tell a non blackberry user - to hang up, after numerous swipes and button presses, they had to check their phone 2 or three times to make sure it was truly hung up.
    Blackberry users, on the other hand, hit a single button and jammed the thing in their pocket without looking, confident that the call had ended.
    Sadly those days are over.

This goes along with another effect. If I'm on a call (with a headset) and it's a long enough call that the phone goes to sleep, when I want to hang up I can't because the end call button brings up that greatest hits screen and I have to either swipe or hit the power button and then hit the call end button again. Only once the user has ended the call is the call end button released for my use in a single sane way.
    What usually happens though: I will hit the end call button numerous times, because the phone is so slow to respond and I want to make sure it's taken. But two presses of the end button brings up... you guessed it, that damned greatest hits screen. And then I have to swipe and press and press again, for what a single press should have done.

On the calling side of things, if I place a call, I often want to hit the power button and jam the phone in my pocket to allow me to continue what I was doing while I wait for the person to answer - you can't. You must wait for them them to pick up before hitting the power/sleep button. Since when is the power button an end call button?

Did anyone test this software before they released it? On the old system (a bold for instance) you could hit that end button forever and it would do just that. End the call. Nothing else.
    I dont' ever use that greatest hits screen (so much so I don't even know what its called) but it is such an annoyance. I dont have a lock screen so I can start using the phone right away on wake up, but more and more I'm running into scenarios where i have to swipe or hit that top power button to get a rid of that screen that I don't even want, before I can start to use the phone. We have the Hub now, what is the point of that stats screen? And it doesn't even work right! I still have email notifications (red) even after I've looked to see what new emails I have gotten - do I really have to open every email to get rid of that notification? Shouldn't that indicator be "new emails since the last time you looked?" and not "there are emails from a month ago you never opened, better get on that because male pattern baldness doesn't cure itself and those Nigerian lottery winnings won't collect themselves".
    Is there an option to turn that stats screen off? Would that solve these issues? I just want to hang up my phone like I used to be able to. Y'know, before BB became a "software company".
    RegN and johnsliderbb like this.
    10-18-16 04:54 PM
    don't have any answers for you but I think you may have scared me off getting one of these. I currently use a q10 and really like it but was interested in a bit more screen space. I can buy a passport se for really good deal but not sure I want a phone that large. Guess I just keep using this q10 till I have to do something. I so enjoy bb10 and am so sad it never took off better then it did.

Good rant
    10-18-16 11:27 PM
    I think you and I may have different Classics. I don't think mine does any of those things. End=end and power=power.

Not sure what you mean by "Greatest Hits screen" -- you mean the screen in between hub and your apps, where minimized, running apps live until you close them?

Posted via Model M
    10-19-16 05:52 AM
    I honestly think phones, and electrical devices like say cars, function differently at times.

I read these problems and others, and think wow that sucks. My phone has never done anything like that at all. I have had my classic for almost a year now and works flawlessly.

It's just one of those things. I heard people that would get HTC phones say they used it for years with no issues, dropped it nothing broke etc etc. Then when I had my HTC phone I would get the odd random camera glitches, or phone wouldn't turn on.

I'm sorry to hear your issues. It's a shame because I really do think the classic is a true smart phone.. phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 12:54 PM
    . I heard people that would get HTC phones say they used it for years with no issues, dropped it nothing broke etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of dropping phones, I once dropped my Classic and it landed face down on one of those smooth brick floors (not rough like you'd see on an outside wall, possibly a faux-brick, but still a hard surface). This was a little less than a year after I got it.

Picked it up, not a scratch or even a smudge, no harm done at all.

I dodged a bullet there.

And yes, the thought did cross my mind: if this were an iPhone, it'd be shattered.

Posted on my Model M
    10-20-16 06:53 PM
    I think you and I may have different Classics. I don't think mine does any of those things. End=end and power=power.

Not sure what you mean by "Greatest Hits screen" -- you mean the screen in between hub and your apps, where minimized, running apps live until you close them?

Posted via Model M
    Same. Never had the issues OP listed, in over a year with the phone. Nor have I ever come across a "Greatest hits" screen.

Posted with my  Classic
    10-22-16 12:08 AM
    I want to know what the greatest hits screen is. Lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-22-16 07:25 AM
    It's been a while since I've read the manual so I was calling the Preview screen the greatest hits screen.
    10-22-16 09:13 AM
    my classic has exactly the issues op describes. all colleagues with passport/classic devices in my company suffer the same.
    10-23-16 03:09 PM