Is there any feature in classic like z30 where instead of pressing each suggestive words, we can flick it from keyboard. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 03:19 PM
    Not on the Classic (or Q10 either). That feature is only on the full touch screen phones.

I <3 NY!
    05-29-15 04:34 PM
    And the Passport?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-29-15 04:36 PM
    I wish this feature existed, because I've been using a Passport and when I use the Classic I find myself always flicking.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 09:17 PM
    Is there any feature in classic like z30 where instead of pressing each suggestive words, we can flick it from keyboard. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The only option I know of, and I know it was on the Q10, is to have predictive text on (at least I think it's predictive text, it's been so long since I've used a Q10). What it does, is it splits the screen directly above the keyboard into three sections and each section has its own suggested word. If the word you want is there, you can tap the word and it fills in the rest. If it's not, keep typing more letters until it is. I rarely used this feature as I found it took more time for me to recognize the word was there and then select it as opposed to just typing the word in full. It's a similar solution that the Passport has, except you can actually swipe up on the keyboard in that third of a screen that the word is in.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 10:09 PM
    And the Passport?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Yes, the password also has the flick ability

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:02 PM
    No swiping up with the Classic but the word suggestions that are just above the keyboard are just as efficient. The BB10 OS still has the really nice feature of learning how you type so you can still tap on the word suggestions and do an entire sentence without having to type anything on the keyboard, just like you can with the BlackBerry virtual keyboards..

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:25 PM
    Once you get used to flick like in z30 or touch capacitive passport it is difficult to go back to classic style of keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:03 PM
    Perhaps I'm simply ol' skool, but I've always preferred typing out each and every word I type as opposed to flicking predictive text in a drone like manner to complete my thoughts... Keeps the creativity alive as well as the mind sharp...

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:23 PM