For the record it is not my Classic it is my wife's. She is upgrading from a 9900 (has a work Q10). I currently use a Z30 and a work 9900.

Tool belt transition is seamless for me. I think BlackBerry did an amazing job here. The Classic is an upgrade on the q10 and a z30 despite what the specs say. I haven't used a leak os on my Z30 so 10.3.1 is new to my eyes. It should be called Os 11 because it is visually and functionally different enough from 10.3.

I had been thinking of getting a passport due to high end specs, but the classic just fits in my hand so much better, it's changed my mind. It is fluid, fast and haven't noticed any lack of horsepower. Right now I can't say enough good about the classic, from build quality to initial battery life. My only beef is that I can't get Netflix on it. The trade off is I can get a few apps back on the classic not available to the z30, namely the Optik remote record app.

Ps. Keyboard is superior to any BlackBerry keyboard i've used to date.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:17 PM
    Nice post. I upgraded my Z10 to a Z30 over Christmas but the Classic has me most curious, especially when I fire up my older Bold 9900.(and why I am checking out it's forum) The Z30 is so damn good.....but the physical keyboard and toolbelt....hmmm...

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    01-26-15 10:51 PM
    Yes the keyboard is so good it really does make you disregard the internals lol I almost feel cheated yet I'm allowing it so I digress

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-27-15 12:17 AM
    Eji930- I believe you are also using a Samsung Note4 touch as well. Do you find yourself migrating toward the Classic because of the PKB? Screen real estate is not a concern for me because when hammering out communications the virtual takes up space as well. I own a business and receive up to 300 emails per day. Quickly and efficiently responding (or not) is what would pull me back to a PKB. Thinking I may order through Amazon and check it out for 30 days.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry
    CoreyKY921 likes this.
    01-27-15 01:00 AM
    My 2 cents...
    I've had my classic for 2 weeks and I am in heaven.
    Best of all world's with touchreen keyboard and toolbelt something for everyone. Great for communication, browsing, some apps like sports news banking etc all run great. Then at home I have a samsung tablet for netflix games apps etc...

To me it's that simple. Premium build feel in hand great battery life and great well rounded usage.

Don't get why some people over complicate things.

Glad your wife enjoys the classic

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:43 AM
    My 2 cents...
    Best of all world's with touchreen keyboard and toolbelt something for everyone. Great for communication, browsing, some apps like sports news banking etc all run great. Then at home I have a samsung tablet for netflix games apps etc...

To me it's that simple. Premium build feel in hand great battery life and great well rounded usage.

Posted via CB10
    the problem with the classic is not that it has "only" dual core.
    Apple uses also dual core processors in their iphone 6 but it is nearly as powerful as the snapdragon 800 and it is "only" clocked at 1,3Ghz
    The problem is that the CPU used in the classic is atleast 3 years old technology. not very battery efficient.
    They could put in the snapdragon 6xx or atleast 400series..

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    01-27-15 03:19 AM
    My 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    Well said!!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 04:37 AM
    Apple uses also dual core processors in their iphone 6 but it is nearly as powerful as the snapdragon 800 and it is "only" clocked at 1,3Ghz
    The problem is that the CPU used in the classic is atleast 3 years old technology. not very battery efficient.

Great example of over complicating things with this quote. Specs and processor run everything I use brilliantly so im not concerned .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-27-15 04:56 AM

Real tired of posts like these interjecting themselves into a thread where it's clear the poster is thrilled with their device. If you want to complain about hardware (be warned that's certainly not news to anyone here as the topic has already been flogged to death), then kindly start your own thread.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-27-15 06:05 AM

The problem is this.
    The problem is that.
    The problem is, that these 'problems' do not create any problems in real life, and do not prevent the OP nor myself nor many others from really enjoying owning and using the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:26 AM
    Love my Classic also. I've had it for 5 weeks. It does everything I need and more. Perfect size and spec for me. The updated OS is also fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:34 AM
    I had a Q10 for a month and then switched to the Q5. I had more typos on the Q10. But on the Q5 that wasn't the case. I still love it for that. But now I went into the shop several times to try the Classic and wow.. the added size really helped. I first thought it can't beat my Q5 but now I'm convinced I must get the Classic.
    It feels even better typing on this one.

So what am I waiting for? The other color variations, as I currently use a red Q5 and had enough black BlackBerrys before.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:40 AM
    Ah! Can't wait for the Classic to drop on Verizon! Went from 9930 to Q10 and I just want that darn BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:52 AM
    I got mine shortly after its release and my initial impressions were similar to the OP despite how different it was from my 9700. What even better is even now I am discovering new features that just makes my experience better. It's likely this might be your experience as well.
    I'm don't consider myself a blackberry loyalist, but when something works for me it's just such a pleasure.
    djtim likes this.
    01-27-15 08:49 AM
    It stutters when you are downloading while you are doing things and when multiple apps are open, specifically android apps.
    Otehr then taht it is pretty fluid.
    01-27-15 09:06 AM
    For me, the BlackBerry Classic represents true mobile communication in modern classic style which perfectly suits my needs to get all my daily tasks (phone calls, emails, etc.) done professionally - quickly and efficiently. Despite the lack of predictive typing and a few other minor all-touch features, I am quite satisfied with the current Classic offerings. I really don't need all the swiping and mis-swipes of the all-touch or fumbling around as a kid playing games. When there's some leisure time or boredom I don't mind fiddling around with my Z10 which I intend to keep and still carry as a backup.
    bh7171 likes this.
    01-27-15 09:45 AM
    My only beef is that I can't get Netflix on it. The trade off is I can get a few apps back on the classic not available to the z30, namely the Optik remote record app.

Posted via CB10
    If you check the forum there are posts on how to get Netflix on the Classic. I'm still waiting for att to get mine but I've done quite a bit of research and I can tell you there is ways to get apps via snap and other methods. Good luck
    01-27-15 09:57 AM
    Despite the lack of predictive typing ...
    Options->Language and Input->Prediction and Correction
    01-27-15 11:09 AM
    Good catch!
    01-27-15 11:19 AM
    For me, the BlackBerry Classic represents true mobile communication in modern classic style which perfectly suits my needs to get all my daily tasks (phone calls, emails, etc.) done professionally - quickly and efficiently. Despite the lack of predictive typing and a few other minor all-touch features, I am quite satisfied with the current Classic offerings. I really don't need all the swiping and mis-swipes of the all-touch or fumbling around as a kid playing games. When there's some leisure time or boredom I don't mind fiddling around with my Z10 which I intend to keep and still carry as a backup.
    "Predictive typing" what's that?? ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-27-15 01:13 PM
    Have my Classic for about a month. Had 9900, Z10 and Q10 prior. Love the Classic. And I do have Netflix on mine.
    First day with Classic.-img_20150127_134658.png

Posted via Classic
    01-27-15 01:48 PM
    Android netflix runs great on my Q10, strange it doesn't run on the classic as the 10.3 android runtime is better that 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:41 PM
    I get most of my android apps by finding the apk as the amazon appstore has a poor selection and I find 1mobile to be too invasive telling me to upgrade apps all the time... and I haven't gotten around to installing snap... there hasnt been an android app that exists on google play that I couldn't find the apk for.

Posted via CB10
    naveedk likes this.
    01-27-15 02:43 PM
    I think my problem with the classic is the inability to watch video properly. Try checking out the Vine app, no matter what you do part of the video is always cropped.
    01-28-15 02:19 PM
    I think my problem with the classic is the inability to watch video properly. Try checking out the Vine app, no matter what you do part of the video is always cropped.
    You need an older version of Netflix. I think they updated it to intentionally not run right on BB10's runtime, lol. :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-28-15 04:24 PM
26 12