Howdy BB folk sorry if this is redundant, I am thinking of ditching my HTC One M8 and picking up a Classic. I previously had dumped my iPhone 5S for a Q10 & LOVED the Q10, the only issue I had with the Q10 was the maps.

Anything else I'm missing or should consider?

How are you guys loving your Classics? Anyone else make the jump from Android or Q10 to the Classic? Would you mind sharing your experience so far?

Thanks!
    02-28-15 02:55 PM
    Went from HTC to Classic in Dec. Great transition! Maps were OK, but I needed satellite view. Went to BMAPS and haven't looked back.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic PIN: 2BF2EE1C
    Oz Inglorious likes this.
    02-28-15 03:11 PM
    Other than the obvious screen real estate issue and less that overwhelming app experience you should be OK. If you prefer PKB's and ease of use, shortcuts, etc, then this is the phone for you.
    thymaster and Oz Inglorious like this.
    02-28-15 03:54 PM
    I agree with this. You have to compromise one feature for another. Especially when both phones are so different you should expect a major change in using habits. Theres is no such thing as a perfect phone but a phone to suits your individuality and needs.

Other than the obvious screen real estate issue and less that overwhelming app experience you should be OK. If you prefer PKB's and ease of use, shortcuts, etc, then this is the phone for you.
    02-28-15 04:19 PM
    Thanks guys, I was fine with the lack of screen space on the Q10 I had but haven't really talked to anyone who jumped from Android to a Classic, wanted to see if anyone was having regrets or missing anyting in particular!

This lollipop update has been horrible.
    02-28-15 04:41 PM
    Had an HTC one m8 myself dumped to get the classic haven't looked back not much of an app guy so haven't missed them. What apps I use I have found on amazon app store and they work fine. Battery on this phone is amazing takes a few days for it to settle in, but after that a full day and then some. If you get ATT classic then the wireless charging is a great feature. Phone is solid no need for a case, but that is my opinion .

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 04:56 PM
    Went from the note 4 to the classics and I love it I missed my keyboard

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-15 09:19 PM
    Went from Z3C Xperia to the Classic. Hasn't gone back. Love the Classic.

Also you can install the Google Maps app by downloading it's apk, quite straight forward

Google Maps works quite well on my Classic. You can't of course log in to your Google account, but other than that everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    Oz Inglorious and thymaster like this.
    02-28-15 09:29 PM
    Had an M7. Went to iPhone 6. Now augment that with the Classic. For mine, unless you are call, text and email only, there are things you will miss, but can cover either with a second phone or a tablet. For anything involving the keyboard, no phone or tablet gets close.
    03-01-15 01:02 AM
    Thanks everyone, how is browsing on the Classic? Anyone else comfortable with the Maps experience?
    03-01-15 08:33 PM
    Browsing on the Classic is excellent for me. Even with or without wifi.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:53 PM
    I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which, in my opinion, is better than the Classic at speed, reliability and app variety. I think it depends mostly on what you need the phone for. The physical keyboard and the Hub are keeping me on the Classic but sometimes I miss the large screen on the Nexus which is better for youtube and long articles. Android > BB10 IMHO, I had to spend too much time getting the device to work properly.

My gf had a BB 9900 and switched to One M8. She played a bit with the Classic and said that she wouldn't switch because android was easier to use and faster.

I still have the N5 in my drawer but I'll keep on using the Classic because it has lots of potential. If it wasn't for the software bugs (which not all users experience) it would be the better phone, for me.

EDIT: maps was a HUGE battery drain, but after an app update (using android apk) it got better. The app is a bit slow to load but then works ok. BTW you can't beat Google Maps.
    03-02-15 05:12 AM
    I'm coming from a Nexus 5 which, in my opinion, is better than the Classic at speed, reliability and app variety. I think it depends mostly on what you need the phone for. The physical keyboard and the Hub are keeping me on the Classic but sometimes I miss the large screen on the Nexus which is better for youtube and long articles. Android > BB10 IMHO, I had to spend too much time getting the device to work properly.

My gf had a BB 9900 and switched to One M8. She played a bit with the Classic and said that she wouldn't switch because android was easier to use and faster.

I still have the N5 in my drawer but I'll keep on using the Classic because it has lots of potential. If it wasn't for the software bugs (which not all users experience) it would be the better phone, for me.

EDIT: maps was a HUGE battery drain, but after an app update (using android apk) it got better. The app is a bit slow to load but then works ok. BTW you can't beat Google Maps.
    Totally respect your opinions but have to call out one thing. You had to spend too much time getting the device to work properly? One has to spend days with android devices getting them to work properly. After you setup your basic settings you need to keep blocking notifications from each and every app that wants to annoy you. Just saying..

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:32 AM
    Totally respect your opinions but have to call out one thing. You had to spend too much time getting the device to work properly? One has to spend days with android devices getting them to work properly. After you setup your basic settings you need to keep blocking notifications from each and every app that wants to annoy you. Just saying..

Posted via CB10
    When I'm saying I've spent too much time getting the device to work properly I'm referring to a problem regarding contact display for incoming calls. Tried lots of stuff and I think I solved the problem just last week.

The N5 has stock android so setting it up was a breeze. The only time I had to spend days was when I installed ParanoidAndroid, Cyanogenmod and xposed framework.

I've reviewed my experience with the phone in another thread here. It's long.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-02-15 11:55 AM
    I have a Nexus 5 also. Great device and only as complicated to set up as you want it to be. I've always been a BlackBerry fan and the Classic is a joy to use because of the keyboard, hub, etc. Two different devices and hard to compare.

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    03-02-15 04:32 PM
    Maps is better now, and there are great alternatives as well. If you come back be sure to check out Navfree.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:50 PM
    just use google maps, other than not being able to sign-in, it works perfectly. nav can be a battery drain but no more than on android. my N5 battery can not go a full day, even after yesterday's 5.1 update it died by 5pm. my classic was at 46% and the y both came of chargers around 7:30 AM.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:11 PM
    What's wrong with BlackBerry maps?
    03-04-15 10:31 PM
    Got my hands on a Classic finally! I have 14 days to fiddle with it against my M8, so far i'm loving it
    03-05-15 01:31 AM
    What's wrong with BlackBerry maps?
    Nothing wrong with it but Google maps is better.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:19 AM
    Nothing wrong with it but Google maps is better.

Posted via CB10
    Candy is dandy but Liquor is quicker.
    03-05-15 07:50 AM
    I sold my iphone 6 for classic and very happy

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:09 AM