Well my company is shutting down BES and will no longer support any BB10 device. No more work space/personal space divided, no more buttery smooth keyboad, no more best damn OS their is available.

It hurt putting my Black and now my Blue classic up on ebay. Someone will enjoy having them if I can't use.

My company will allow the priv, but only as an android device, which right now is my only option with a keyboard. No separate work vs personal environment that is kind of a kick in the nads. But it is what it is.

So I'll be saying farewell and cheers to my fellow Classic users. Maybe I'll see you in the priv forum.

Keep enjoying one of the best BlackBerry devices!

-later

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 06:26 AM
    enjoy the priv. they say its a great phone.
    07-30-16 07:21 AM
    enjoy the priv. they say its a great phone.
    Thank you!

Not sure if I'll get use to the size of that thing. We'll see

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 07:34 AM
    Stay tuned. Android based pkb phone from BlackBerry seems to be on its way

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 11:23 AM
    Sorry to hear, bud.

It would frustrate me to no end if someone made me switch to a virtual keyboard.
    Those incoherent, autocorrected messages would make me appear to be a moron.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 11:42 AM
    Sorry to hear, bud.

It would frustrate me to no end if someone made me switch to a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    *mormon :P
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-30-16 11:44 AM
    Your company is shutting down BES but do you know what they are replacing it with?

This seems to be occurring more and more with some companies. Just trying to gauge if BES is gaining traction or not.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 03:04 PM
    Your company is shutting down BES but do you know what they are replacing it with?

This seems to be occurring more and more with some companies. Just trying to gauge if BES is gaining traction or not.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    BES is now Good, so looks like they're going with something completely different or don't see the need for one. I too want to know what your company ended up with.
    07-30-16 03:10 PM
    BES is now Good, so looks like they're going with something completely different or don't see the need for one. I too want to know what your company ended up with.

So the branding is now know longer known as BES? It's strictly Good?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 04:48 PM
    From the way they are marketing the enterprise software solutions Good is the brand name and BES is just small component of Good solutions.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 06:16 PM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Well more a company direction signing large enterprise go to market deal with Apple kind of sets our strategy. Plus we bought an MDM solution and deploy that as well. the strategy is not to have a separate workspace but to tightly intergate into native ios with own security solution. Even android is second fiddle but it is what it is.

I setup the original bes way way back when 857's were all the rage ha ha

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:28 PM
    How much for the blue classic curiously?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:30 PM
    My company will allow the priv, but only as an android device, which right now is my only option with a keyboard.
    That's fortunate, since the Priv is only available running Android.

In two weeks you'll be just as happy. The application ecosystem is a completely different world with Android, and BB has done a nice job of keeping the interface clean and effective.

I love the Classic form factor and hope like hell BB releases one with that form factor running Android, but embrace the Priv and enjoy the best of both worlds.
    07-31-16 09:43 PM
    Sorry to hear, bud.

Posted via CB10
    Luckily, with the Priv you have the option to use either virtual or PKB. I *love* my Priv after switching from a Classic, it's an excellent device.
    07-31-16 09:45 PM
    Luckily, with the Priv you have the option to use either virtual or PKB. I *love* my Priv after switching from a Classic, it's an excellent device.
    Do you use the physical keyboard often or find the screen working?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 05:49 PM
    How much for the blue classic curiously?

Posted via CB10
    Put it on ebay and will see what the market will bear. I hate selling these things! I'd rather trade or barter at least I know someone will use them the right way!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 05:50 PM
    Godspeed to the OP and the new Priv! I have no need or desire to go Android at this time, because I can get any apps I need with my iPhone 6 Plus. But I will continue to monitor the BB10 maintenance mode status closely. If for whatever reason the OS won't let me communicate effectively via my Classic, Q10 or Z30, then I would seriously look into a Mercury or Rome or whatever the PKB Android device secured by BlackBerry will be called.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-02-16 11:09 PM
    Do you use the physical keyboard often or find the screen working?

Posted via CB10
    I use the physical keyboard almost all the time.
    08-03-16 06:47 PM