just open contacts sweep from the top and tap on settings. scroll down and you can choose which source you want to include in your contacts list and toggle on/off accordingly.

hope that helps a bit
    enjoy your new phone!!

Farewell Android, Hello BlackBerry Classic!-img_20150322_180624.png

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 11:08 AM
    just open contacts sweep from the top and tap on settings. scroll down and you can choose which source you want to include in your contacts list and toggle on/off accordingly.

hope that helps a bit
    enjoy your new phone!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150322_180624.png 
Views:	492 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	343013

Posted via CB10
    Huge help!! Thanks a bunch!!

Posted via CB10
    djpaan likes this.
    03-22-15 11:50 AM
    yeah I don't find myself using many android apps at all.. I spend most of my time spent using the hub more than anything else.

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy your device!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:00 PM
    I'm a woman of course it will be used in the bathtub hahahahahahahahaha no I'll try to just use the iPad in the tub
    My wife took 2 iPhones swimming so I bought her a pos Samsung G4.

How DO I have my contacts not all mushed together. That's rather annoying having 100 facebook contacts mixed in with 15 real contacts lol I'll have to do some googling and see what I can find. It's a huge learning curve going from android to this beaut!!!

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what edition of BBOS10 is on your phone, but I had a hard time adjusting to the Classic moving from th Bold 99. One of the problems was my contact list included all my FB contacts (4k+). Even though I reset the "notification setting" it still would merger the contacts when I up loaded another app that effected the contact list. BlackBerry has since fixed the FB app and have updated the OS, but I'm unclear if it was only the FB app or both because I up loaded the OS leak at the same time.

When you update FB be sure to set the notifications correctly. Also go setting in Contacts by swiping down when in Contacts.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    A pleasure! Glad it helped you

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:53 PM
    Be aware that there is this category of contacts called "Local Contacts"... you won't see a switch in that list to enable / disable it, and there have been occurrences of editing a contact that is, for example, a Facebook contact, and having the change be applied to "Local Contacts" and not syncing properly to the "Facebook contact" online... or something... the way the Contacts app behaves can be a bit mysterious, and I recommend you spend some time with it, exploring your contact list and looking for duplicates etc, and experiment a bit with using the "Link" feature (to link two contacts for the same person from different sources), just so you don't get any nasty surprises with contacts disappearing or field values (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) disappearing or reappearing after deletion.

I love my BB10 OS, but the Contacts handling is mysterious and unpredictable: if only BB would expose "local contacts" better so users can know what it is they're actually seeing (for example, in the Contacts app, you can click the Action Tab overflow and choose specific categories of contacts to view... just Facebook, just BBM, etc... but you can't view "just local contacts" to see what the OS thinks are contacts that aren't part of any other contact list. Perhaps there is a logical explanation, but I've not been able to reverse engineer one that is consistent with good software design.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-23-15 09:20 AM
    Farewell samsung. Hello blackberry classic. I made the plunge today. Sold my s4 and jumped back into the blackberry world and boy does it feel great to have my fingers touch a physical keyboard again lol
    I found myself never using the apps on my android. I used bbm messenger on my android bc my hubby has a BlackBerry so I thought why not. I have an iPad for games and things like that but I'm going to investigate about this snap I've heard about.

I used to have a z10 but it fell and smashed and at the time they only had the q5 which I didn't really like so went to galaxy. But soooooooo happy to be back. Off to view the forums and see what goodies I can find.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, moved away from S3 to a q10, best thing ever. Previously had a Bold 9900 and never had used bb10. Well done and enjoy.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-23-15 09:23 AM
    Be aware that there is this category of contacts called "Local Contacts"... you won't see a switch in that list to enable / disable it, and there have been occurrences of editing a contact that is, for example, a Facebook contact, and having the change be applied to "Local Contacts" and not syncing properly to the "Facebook contact" online... or something... the way the Contacts app behaves can be a bit mysterious, and I recommend you spend some time with it, exploring your contact list and looking for duplicates etc, and experiment a bit with using the "Link" feature (to link two contacts for the same person from different sources), just so you don't get any nasty surprises with contacts disappearing or field values (phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) disappearing or reappearing after deletion.

I love my BB10 OS, but the Contacts handling is mysterious and unpredictable: if only BB would expose "local contacts" better so users can know what it is they're actually seeing (for example, in the Contacts app, you can click the Action Tab overflow and choose specific categories of contacts to view... just Facebook, just BBM, etc... but you can't view "just local contacts" to see what the OS thinks are contacts that aren't part of any other contact list. Perhaps there is a logical explanation, but I've not been able to reverse engineer one that is consistent with good software design.
    If you go to Contact settings and toggle off all the shown contact lists, any contacts left showing are the Local Contacts.
    03-23-15 09:30 AM
    If I could get Viber, Skype and Instagram running without having to hack or sideload apps I'd be happy to switch back to BB exclusively. Enjoy your move back. BB is a nice platform.
    03-23-15 09:37 AM
    If you go to Contact settings and toggle off all the shown contact lists, any contacts left showing are the Local Contacts.
    Thanks for that idea for a workaround... but why there isn't just a "Local Contacts" item in the Action overflow menu is a bit confusing, is the point I was trying to make.
    03-23-15 10:28 AM
    Farewell samsung. Hello blackberry classic. I made the plunge today. Sold my s4 and jumped back into the blackberry world and boy does it feel great to have my fingers touch a physical keyboard again lol
    I found myself never using the apps on my android. I used bbm messenger on my android bc my hubby has a BlackBerry so I thought why not. I have an iPad for games and things like that but I'm going to investigate about this snap I've heard about.

I used to have a z10 but it fell and smashed and at the time they only had the q5 which I didn't really like so went to galaxy. But soooooooo happy to be back. Off to view the forums and see what goodies I can find.

Posted via CB10
    Get the Google Play Store hack instead
    03-23-15 10:29 AM
    Thanks for that idea for a workaround... but why there isn't just a "Local Contacts" item in the Action overflow menu is a bit confusing, is the point I was trying to make.
    I agree I spent 2 day after launch day trying to figure this out. I think the problem was the FB app

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:39 AM
    Excellent move and welcome to the future! We appreciate you making the switch and I sincerely hope you enjoy your experience and we've earned a 'lifetime supporter'! Peace!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:10 PM
    Welcome to such a close knit ecosystem.
    You're arguably on the best keyboard device there is in the current smartphone scenario (Passport still stands also).

That feeling of physical response when you type still makes me feel really happy!
    And I just love BlackBerry OS 10's predictive text.
    I have a Note 4 also and I have I think about 8 keyboards installed and it just doesn't mirror the experience of typing on a marvelous Z30!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:30 AM
39 12