Currently own the Q10, have a company paid VZW account so I can't get the Passport. I tried it for a few weeks and couldn't get used to not having my 4th row.

I will be snagging the Classic when available. I can't say that I would get the Classic if I was able to use the Passport for good. I would have given it longer and most likely got used to the the new keyboard. From what I read everyone loves it after the 1 month mark.

Posted via Q10
    12-21-14 10:40 AM
    Am using a Q10 but I love the increased screen of the Classic. I will have a feel when am ready to drop my Q10 which is the best blackberry I have ever had

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:43 AM
    Classic is f*cking perfect from the front, but ugly as hell from the back
    I'll stick with my Z10
    12-21-14 11:58 AM
    I'll stick withy red Z10 and Q5. Same old Specs as the Classic.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    12-21-14 01:17 PM
    Classic is f*cking perfect from the front, but ugly as hell from the back
    I'll stick with my Z10
    Looks damn cheap from the back. Alcatel Style And very heavy 180 grams and too expensive for a low end device. 420Euro. No way.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    12-21-14 01:17 PM
    (1) How are you "going backwards"?
    Toolbelt is redundant on BB10.

(2) By "cranky resistors to technology and change", don't you mean..."the core of BB's audience that are responsible for BB's existence in the handset market in the first place"?
    Sort of. I'm talking about the subset of those folks that won't move/adapt to the next gen OS and devices (I see you're one of them). By the way, the majority of the folks "responsible for BB's existence in the handset market" have moved to other platforms. You only need to look at BB's market share.

(3) And, I'm curious, what "technology and change" are you referring to? Isn't it basically the same technology in your Z10? (actually more of it because is uses a trackpad)
    Technology and change of BB10 devices in general. The classic was released for those who resisted the new technology of BB10; for those who didn't like change. Clinging to your BB Bold...because a new OS/Hardware/way-of-doing-things is scary.

(4)And, couldn't you say the same about "resistance to change" for someone who says they won't "go backwards"? Perhaps it's you that is resistant to some sort of change. It's all about perspective, and not about incendiary, poorly thought out, over-the-top exaggerations.
    That's priceless. Yep, you got me. I'm resistant to change for not picking up a Classic and going backwards to redundant functionality. I've been on BB10 for almost 2 years; I freed myself from the toolbelt a long time ago.

Look, all things being equal, I guess I'm happy that you're moving off your bold and taking the baby step to the classic (I mean...assuming you are, given your attitude towards the classic). At least it means another sale for BlackBerry. But I'm disappointed that BlackBerry had to compromise and go down this path to get you and yours alike to adopt the best OS on the market.
    desmondbitdian likes this.
    12-21-14 01:28 PM
    No

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-21-14 02:37 PM
    Yaaaas
    12-21-14 02:57 PM
    yes...I will try it for sure
    12-21-14 03:01 PM
    As a current Q10 user, former Bold 9900 user, I miss the trackpad so will definitely be switching to the Classic hopefully soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:46 PM
    Enjoying classic and passport. Looking forward to the device Chen referred to coming out in June for sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:56 PM
    Toolbelt is redundant on BB10.
    So what? There were redundant uses in BBOS as well.

But you didn't answer how that means it's going backwards (which implies it's taking away advances), you just said it gives the user more choices. Many people thought BB10 was going backwards since so many great BB features were taken away. That's why BB when to great lengths to tell people on the 17th that most of their shortcuts, and moves, etc. etc have been restored.

Sort of. I'm talking about the subset of those folks that won't move/adapt to the next gen OS and devices (I see you're one of them).
    Ah....so.....some of the 9900 users (not part of this "subset" you refer to) are just holding onto the phone because they are delaying their move to Iphone? Otherwise....there is no "subset"...it's pretty much everyone still using a 9900 (which is the majority of BB handsets in service. Darn numbers.)

By the way, the majority of the folks "responsible for BB's existence in the handset market" have moved to other platforms. You only need to look at BB's market share.
    You might want to research what "market share" means. While they have lost users to other platforms, the reason the "market share" has shrunk so much is that the market grew so much (thanks to Apple inviting kids and the average Joe to the party). BB's share would have grown smaller even if it never lost a single customer.

AND...part of the reason many left was because of what Iphone had and BB didn't. But they did this by sacrificing the things they LOVED from BB. Many wished BB would give them the best of both. THUS.....Classic. Keyboard. Buttons. Touchscreen. Apps.

Technology and change of BB10 devices in general. The classic was released for those who resisted the new technology of BB10; for those who didn't like change. Clinging to your BB Bold...because a new OS/Hardware/way-of-doing-things is scary.

You just wrote 3 sentences but didn't say anything. WHAT technology? Specifically? What technology of BB10 did people "resist" and what evidence do you have that that was their intention in not switching? I could just as easily say that people that won't buy a classic don't like change. Or people that won't switch from an Iphone to a BlackBerry dont' like change.

Specifically, what "hardware" ? You mean a phone you hold in your hand? Perhaps the way of doing things wasn't "scary" so much as it was SLOWER THAN HELL. Or perhaps you meant that losing precious time all day long is "scary" when time is money.

That's priceless. Yep, you got me. I'm resistant to change for not picking up a Classic and going backwards to redundant functionality. I've been on BB10 for almost 2 years; I freed myself from the toolbelt a long time ago.
    Again, you just said the same words as before, but just included a sarcastic opening. You repeated your vague "going backward" phrase with no explanation of how it's actually going backwards. Perhaps your perspective is that you were "freed" while others were "robbed". But, hey...it's all about you, chief.

Look, all things being equal, I guess I'm happy that you're moving off your bold and taking the baby step to the classic
    The baby step.....towards what? Is your neck sore from looking down at others so much?

At least it means another sale for BlackBerry.
    Now you're getting it!!! Yes, it's about making money. Business 101.

But I'm disappointed that BlackBerry had to compromise and go down this path to get you and yours alike to adopt the best OS on the market.
    WHY? Why would you be disappointed that people FINALLY might buy BlackBerry again?

In my first post to you I invited you to answer those questions and not change the subject. I am renewing my invitation to answer the questions with more than vague generalities.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 12-21-14 at 06:09 PM.
    j_the_p and andy957 like this.
    12-21-14 05:47 PM
    Not totally. But I'd love to have more than one BlackBerry devices. And only if the time comes Classic will have atleast 32gb of internal storage and a quad-core processor. For now, it's just a Q10 with a toolbelt and screen stretched a bit to make it look bigger!

But if someone send me some, that's another story!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-21-14 05:53 PM
    I was one of those who thought BlackBerry was regressive when Classic was announced with the toolbelt.

I am happy to admit and say I was wrong. I enjoy it more than my Q10.

I like the screen, the back key is a joy to use, more ease of use with the phone keys.

Runs snappier than my Q10, may be it is the upgraded OS but it is fun to use.

The only thing I miss is the swipe to delete from my Z30 (which I missed on my Q10 as well).

And yes Z30 internals would have been better but they are not necessary.

At the end of the day it is no different then what apple does. Same form factor for years on and still people buy.

For those who want a physical keyboard I believe the Bold/Classic form factor is timeless and should remain.

Overtime it should see better internals and hopefully a capacitive keyboard.

Posted Via The Classic
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-21-14 05:58 PM
    I will definitely get one at some point, likely within the next few months. I'm happy using my 9900 and Z30 for the time being.
    12-21-14 06:03 PM
    Waiting for price cut. I don't wanna pay full price for a device that is almost similar to my Q10.

Answer is: if it gets cheap enough or if my Q10 dies.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-21-14 06:06 PM
    Btw I'm waiting to see the Navy Blue and Bronze versions. Maybe they can change my decision.. because they may look different from my black Q10.. have to see them first.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:08 PM
    nope... i want blackberry to innovate and move forward... cant do that when you are going backwards tech wise..not interested in the classic what so ever....

it actually makes me wonder..of all the things i have heard people complain and wish they had the tool belt was not one... so i am actually wondering who asked for..
    Then you are not the target market for this product. Enterprise customers have spoken and they wanted the trackpad and function keys. There is no step back here, it's a step forward to introduce a current BB10 phone which has some shared qualities with the Black Berry Bold series (not just the 9900). It's not their only phone now, so there will be plenty of people who may not like it which is fine. But don't label it as going backwards or having no innovation as that is simply not true.

Use what you like.
    12-21-14 06:15 PM
    the classic is full of redundancies.
    Also known as "options" and "choices". BBOS had two ways to do some things as well.

if blackberry really wanted to innovate why not make the keyboard like the passport
    COST?

or just have a trackpad in the bezel above the keyboard..that would light up when using phone..when screen goes off so does track pad..
    The trackpad IS in the bezel above the keyboard. How is having it light up some "innovation"? Do you think people can't find it in the dark?

but to add the back button waste.. and the call and hangup which appear on the touch screen... stupid...
    All three make the operation much faster....instead of the waste created by not having them. The waste of time that is. Now, many folks like you might have all the time in the world to look like all those others...swiping at their phones all day long.....but others value every moment they're not wasting with various swipes and reaches and touches and releases, etc. etc. etc.
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-21-14 06:24 PM
    could you please give some examples on why wouldnt switch please.
    12-21-14 08:16 PM
    Not totally. But I'd love to have more than one BlackBerry devices. And only if the time comes Classic will have atleast 32gb of internal storage and a quad-core processor. For now, it's just a Q10 with a toolbelt and screen stretched a bit to make it look bigger!

But if someone send me some, that's another story!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    yes, that would be nice....maybe this first batch is to test the market of the Classic without breaking the bank
    12-21-14 08:35 PM
    Proud owner of a Passport, more proud that I pre-ordered the Classic.
    I can't be wrong going with this combination, am I right or am I right?

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    12-21-14 08:35 PM
    I was one of those who thought BlackBerry was regressive when Classic was announced with the toolbelt.

I am happy to admit and say I was wrong. I enjoy it more than my Q10.

I like the screen, the back key is a joy to use, more ease of use with the phone keys.

Runs snappier than my Q10, may be it is the upgraded OS but it is fun to use.

The only thing I miss is the swipe to delete from my Z30 (which I missed on my Q10 as well).

And yes Z30 internals would have been better but they are not necessary.

At the end of the day it is no different then what apple does. Same form factor for years on and still people buy.

For those who want a physical keyboard I believe the Bold/Classic form factor is timeless and should remain.

Overtime it should see better internals and hopefully a capacitive keyboard.

Posted Via The Classic
    I still don't think it would be a good idea
    12-21-14 08:37 PM
    No!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:38 PM
    Undecided

Clicking away on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:48 PM
175 12345 ...