Hey, I have searched the forum for similar topics but with no luck.

What I have now is a Classic with corporate email, the settings are exactly the same as in my iPhone6, but the classic sync can only last several minutes then stopped working. If I change any settings in the email account such as don't sync memo or to do, it will work for another several minutes then stopped.

I have asked IT to check but IT refused to do anything for blackberry.

I love sending emails with Classic not only for the keyboard but also for the format of email, compared with iPhone default email app which is with ugly plain text.

Anyone has the same issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:22 PM
    I assume you have removed and re added the account, rebooted the phone already as well?
    09-03-15 03:27 PM
    Several times. I have changed sim card, WIFI network, hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:29 PM
    Do you still have the iPhone active and connected? If so try disabling that and testing. I mean turning it completely off.
    09-03-15 03:32 PM
    I have 3 phones, one iPhone, one android and classic. iPhone and Android work perfectly at the same time. So I guess it is not about 2 phones working at the same time?

Will do a test now.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:35 PM
    Did the test by switching off all other phones, no luck.

What possible issues can cause the sync stop?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:38 PM
    Running on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 03:42 PM
    If Classic has this issue, I believe Passport might have the same. Was planning to get a SE Passport recently, but not before this sync issue solved.

I use BlackBerry for pure business purpose, the only app I would install is Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:14 PM
    Hub - Settings - Email - pick account - Edit Account - Sync interval (or Edit Account - Advanced - Sync interval depending on the email service)

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 01:46 PM
    Sync interval has 5 minutes to 1 hour or manual, if I enable "push", then the sync interval is automatically changed to manual.

Doesn�t work.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:24 AM
    Sync interval has 5 minutes to 1 hour or manual, if I enable "push", then the sync interval is automatically changed to manual.

Doesn�t work.

Posted via CB10
    It didn't work as in setting it to a longer interval or push still wasn't syncing? Push BTW pushes or syncs everything in real time.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-05-15 05:43 PM
    Permanent breakage. If it finally breaks, it will never work again, but when it breaks for each individual person is unknown. What typically forces your hand is a > 200 message update, which is the upper limit of what Activesync can handle. Your issue is wrapped up in this limitation I believe, as I had a similar problem. (disclaimer: it's been a few months, so maybe it's a 100 message limit or a 300 message limit)

I had it fail with a hotmail account that worked, until one day it just wouldn't.

I did the final setup in 3 steps - email to (outlook.com, imap, pop, etc.), calendar to CalDAV, and contacts using CardDav. While clumsy and awkward in the setup, this triumvirate has worked consistently.
    09-05-15 09:06 PM
    Have tried to set sync interval from every 5 minutes to one day, then push. It just didn't work.

Tried to set sync only emails and contacts, without synchronizing memo, task and calendar, which my IT suggested, it worked out perfectly, but I need at least the calendar because my work is basically based on meeting with different people by video conference, without calendar I will miss the meeting request from others.

So I tried to add calendar sync, you know the result, stopped working.

Guess what, after I removed calendar setting, it won't work either.

What is going on man?

Why my iPhone works but BlackBerry not?

Frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 02:31 AM
    Have tried to set sync interval from every 5 minutes to one day, then push. It just didn't work.

Tried to set sync only emails and contacts, without synchronizing memo, task and calendar, which my IT suggested, it worked out perfectly, but I need at least the calendar because my work is basically based on meeting with different people by video conference, without calendar I will miss the meeting request from others.

So I tried to add calendar sync, you know the result, stopped working.

Guess what, after I removed calendar setting, it won't work either.

What is going on man?

Why my iPhone works but BlackBerry not?

Frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    I already told you.

If your sync requires more than a couple hundred messages to exchange, then it will fail, and once it fails, you'll never get it to work again.

You MUST switch to the method I gave you explicitly above. Comply.
    09-08-15 06:22 PM
    I already told you.

If your sync requires more than a couple hundred messages to exchange, then it will fail, and once it fails, you'll never get it to work again.

You MUST switch to the method I gave you explicitly above. Comply.
    Thanks man. I have tried your method, unfortunately I am using corporate exchange which can not apply.

I am in an organization of 170,000 employees, I contacted HQ IT expert and even a on site support engineer from Microsoft with the logs I extracted from webmail server, guess what, they all said it would be the blackberry software issue.

Try now to contact with BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 04:24 AM
    Something had to change for this to work then suddenly stop.

Any chance an MDM policy changed, was added, or updated?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:11 AM
    Something had to change for this to work then suddenly stop.

Any chance an MDM policy changed, was added, or updated?

Posted via CB10
    I have checked the MDM point with IT, it is required to have 6 digits password.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:02 AM
    I have checked the MDM point with IT, it is required to have 6 digits password.

Posted via CB10
    Just adding a password requirement for the device wouldn't do it. But - if this is a new requirement - it begs the question if anything else in the policy was changed.

If you can say, what are they using for MDM?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:56 AM
    My Exchange account just started acting up. Email is fine. Contacts and calendar are messed up. Contacts being deleted without physically doing so and showing up in deleted directory of Office 365 Outlook on notebook. Calendar appointments made on BB not showing up in Outlook on notebook. If I enter on notebook app the appointment shows up twice on BB and once on notebook Outlook.

Deleting and adding account on BB is to no avail.

No new apps installed locally on notebook or BB. Just the normal Windows updates. NB runs Windows 8.1 Pro BB runs SR 10.3.2.556 OS 10.3.2.858
    09-17-15 11:05 AM
    Just adding a password requirement for the device wouldn't do it. But - if this is a new requirement - it begs the question if anything else in the policy was changed.

If you can say, what are they using for MDM?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, I will check with IT for details, I don't quite understand MDM, will update soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:28 PM
    Sorry to hear Jim

As stated, once it goes wrong, it will never, ever, go back. It's what I said - when your update reaches over (100, 300? still can't recall), ActiveSync will choke and no longer work.
    09-19-15 09:07 AM
    Sorry to hear Jim

As stated, once it goes wrong, it will never, ever, go back. It's what I said - when your update reaches over (100, 300? still can't recall), ActiveSync will choke and no longer work.
    It seems only BlackBerry has this issue because my iPhone works fine with even 500 updates.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:15 AM
    Yeah not going to disagree with you that it's BB only. I recall an announcement a while back that the support for Exchange/Activesync was going to expire. I'm not sure what the reasoning was, but that it would just... happen.

We got a good run, I had heard that news many months before it finally caught up to me.
    09-27-15 11:04 AM
    Finally I gave it up.

Not worth wasting my time with a dying device.

Gonna sell all BlackBerry devices and change to iphone and android.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    09-28-15 07:55 AM
    wouldnt it be possible to clean reset the phone and start from scratch, meanwhile deleting or changing the settings on outlook/hotmail so that the update would sync fewer messages?
    11-21-16 12:14 AM