Renders are a hit or miss.
    08-25-16 11:52 AM
    Renders are a hit or miss.
    How dare you go back to the subject of the OP.

J/K.
    B Louang and Carjackd like this.
    08-25-16 01:15 PM
    Solid Explorer can connect to 14 types of cloud sources including ftp, lan, webdav, and more.

It can also be chosen as one of the three swipe up gestures so you can access it from anywhere.

Individual cloud sources can be password protected.

Integration is deep into the OS, so sharing in and out is easy.

It has split screen for moving and copying.

I could go on.
    I have Solid Explorer for my Dell Venue 8 7000 tablet. My only problem with it is with USB OTG. When I'm copying a lot of files, 30+, the USB device will become "removed" at some random moment. I'm not sure if it's a Solid Explorer problem or an OS problem. Also, if I "iconify" Solid Explorer to use a web browser, copying stops sometimes. Again, not sure if it's a Solid Explorer problem or OS issue. I've contacted Neatbytes and have yet to hear back. Z30 with USB OTG stays connected over long periods of time, even when copying files.

Oh, it would be nice if I could do a copy and preserve the original creation dates. I've already read that it's a limitation of Android and not a Solid Explorer thing. (I don't know if BB10 allows this. I'm comparing to GNU/Linux.)

-----

As someone who's been in a hardware development environment (though I was writing device drivers), I know that companies that make chips build actual boards that use said chips for their own testing and as reference designs for clients. Each client would adapt the reference design for their target audience and make their own specialized tweaks. The final products are not just a "rebadge".

NVIDIA puts out its own line of graphics cards. A plethora of other manufacturers also put out boards using NVIDIA's chips. Each manufacturer needs to do its own tweaks to make their particular hardware appealing to the end user; otherwise, why not buy directly from NVIDIA?

In this case, TCL made the reference design, which both Acatel and BlackBerry adopted. Acatel and BlackBerry adapted/tweaked the design for their own target audiences. Would it make a difference if BlackBerry made the DTEK50 totally different looking on the outside? To me, they're better off using the same form factor to leverage parts and make the DTEK50 compatible with Acatel accessories, like the VR headset, which I'm pretty sure BlackBerry has no interest in making and DTEK50 consumer users would want the option of having.
    08-25-16 01:16 PM
    DTEK50 looks nothing like hamburg or rome-blackberry-hamburg-rome-mid-range.jpg
    DTEK50 looks nothing like hamburg or rome-neon_angle3_onblack_rev.jpg

I really loved the design of the tentative models.

Maybe we all just to hope for the best but expect to settle for the mean time just to stay above water.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-25-16 06:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Hamburg-Rome-mid-range.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	407165
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neon_angle3_onblack_rev.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	407167

I really loved the design of the tentative models.

Maybe we all just to hope for the best but expect to settle for the mean time just to stay above water.

Posted via CB10
    Have you seen or used a DTEK50 in hand? Unless you have the photos do not do it justice. It has great weight, screen, build quality (love the speakers) and a grippy backing. I think BlackBerry did a great job with this all touch device and I own the Z10, Z30, Passport and Classic (and too many BlackBerry's and PlayBook's to note)

Feels and looks a heck of a lot better, to me, in hand than my dad's iPhone 6s.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    portplayer likes this.
    08-25-16 06:18 PM
    Have you seen or used a DTEK50 in hand? Unless you have the photos do not do it justice. It has great weight, screen, build quality (love the speakers) and a grippy backing. I think BlackBerry did a great job with this all touch device and I own the Z10, Z30, Passport and Classic (and too many BlackBerry's and PlayBook's to note)

Feels and looks a heck of a lot better, to me, in hand than my dad's iPhone 6s.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    is your cobalt classic a sqc100-1 or sqc100-4?
    08-25-16 07:29 PM
    is your cobalt classic a sqc100-1 or sqc100-4?
    SQC100-4 Phenomenal device.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    08-26-16 12:21 AM
    Solid Explorer can connect to 14 types of cloud sources including ftp, lan, webdav, and more.

It can also be chosen as one of the three swipe up gestures so you can access it from anywhere.

Individual cloud sources can be password protected.

Integration is deep into the OS, so sharing in and out is easy.

It has split screen for moving and copying.

I could go on.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, all of that when I unboxed and turned on the test unit was not readily evident.

It may that it was the Android interface, neither as intuitive nor uncluttered as either BB10 or even iOS. Or that I am just incompetent.

Nonetheless thank you.
    08-26-16 01:29 AM
    don't take me wrong what you think i am doing here??? am not crying after "old good days" the only possible move now days is android as a matter of fact. no one else left. its kinda one fit all, take or ... die. am struggling to find professional way of managing of what was so simple with other means. sad also i am that bb did not serve me that, all they did is sold me stock android like any other out there and lets no argue here thats its different. am not there for the look. android lacks integrity. its very messy in terms of its topology, but hey, google coming up with 1000th projects a year ditching half of them next year. difficult to hang on to perm solution.
    VERY simple example of very unserious approach bb taken. is it aimed at professional user s? ok my first WTF started when i did ot find flag remember app on the homescreen. ok well spouse can live with it but hang on WHY would I. ok let get over it. so you start using it just to find out same day that you missed something so important that you were left stunned for the rest of the day.... WHY.... hmmm all reminders in your tasks app did not mirrored them self in calendar.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so obvious, so expected, REALLY BB. not to mention missing folders like you wanna scroll through 1000 projects. give me just that and i buy another BB or any other FOR another �500 tommorow.
    and i an go on and on. and you know hat. I am demanding, cos i know how it should work and i know that just 5 percent of JUSt my ideas would make any android especially business orientated JUST must to have. otherwise soon very rest of few bb lovers will start to dissociate bb with its productivity no 1. and they become as i have mention earlier on yet another android stock device. you see all pluralism left in mobile industry is brand, os is only one now days. luckily its heavily customisable so why would bb not take this root. tell me in all honesty: don't you feel embarrassed when you tap phone icon, whats is that kindergarten, what have happen with clean and sleek and PROFESsIONAL look. massive screen yet impossible to get good overview of messages contacts and so on. you know what shall i stop right here? i could go on and on... but again. whats the point if even BB gave up.
    You should seek out a basic writing skills course.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-26-16 01:39 AM
    do i? thx. english is my 3rd language, one day i will get there.
    08-26-16 06:04 PM
    I don't know if this is going over everyone's head, but I feel like the dtek50 was a surprise device and was never the hamburg. Earlier this year we all talked about 2 devices, one all touch and one pkb. Then out of nowhere it was 3 new devices and the dtek50 was soon released. Renders are what they are but I think the hamburg is the all touch device releasing later this year/early next year. Whether it will be anything close to the renders or just another rebrand, who knows?

If you ask me, I would think the rome/mercury is the only device BlackBerry will design in house, with no pkb devices out there to rebrand.??

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    08-26-16 11:25 PM
    why would it? its rebranded Alcatel idol 4. exactly the same phone. when it comes to it blackberry did nothing apart from sticking its label on it. software wise same: just stock android.
    lazy way. no hardware development no software development PURE REBRANDING
    Uh... I'm sure there will be many other people who have already come here to educate you on some things. Maybe I should have read on before hitting reply... lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-27-16 11:29 AM
    I don't have the proper decoder ring for that wall of text.

I will only say that BlackBerry offers a unique take on Android that is clean, efficient, professional, and not heavy handed.
    LMFAO, yah, I can't read any of his post entirely either. It's not the length, it's... well, you know, with the decoder ring comment, I don't have one either, haha.

08-27-16 11:33 AM
    Does the Idol 4 have a convenience key like the DTEK50? Genuine question.
    08-27-16 03:23 PM
    Does the Idol 4 have a convenience key like the DTEK50? Genuine question.
    Yes. They call it the "boom" key.

The only outside difference you will see is the position of the front camera.
    08-27-16 04:08 PM
    This is clearly pointless.

I describe the BlackBerry value add (apps, hardening, updates, launcher, productivity tab, etc), and you call it a coat of paint. We're too far apart for a reasonable discussion.
    Yeah. I would let yourself off the hook at this point. The other poster clearly thinks that, if the same Android App runs on two phones with the same processor and memory, that any differences in the implementation, UI, bundled apps, etc., are meaningless.

That is probably true for him/her. So, of course it must be true for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:22 AM
    Someone moving this thread over to the android section please!
    This one has nothing to do with the BB10 Classic

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    undefinederror and slagman5 like this.
    08-28-16 10:07 AM
    Someone moving this thread over to the android section please!
    This one has nothing to do with the BB10 Classic

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Yes it does because I am the original poster and I wanted to trade my classic in for the hamburg or Rome but apparently have been misled by flip flops, media misrepresentation, and false renders hence the dtek which looks like my kids walmart toy phone

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:23 PM
    Yes it does because I am the original poster and I wanted to trade my classic in for the hamburg or Rome but apparently have been misled by flip flops, media misrepresentation, and false renders hence the dtek which looks like my kids walmart toy phone

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's a very nice looking device.
    08-28-16 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where have you handled the phone? Just curious.

Bbnivende likes this.
    08-28-16 08:41 PM
    After getting a Priv to pair with my Nexus 6P, I figured the Priv would be the next best thing. That said, BlackBerry.... I don't wanna see Android on a BlackBerry or BlackBerry take on android.

They should have aggressively upgraded BB10 (all it needed was more hardware diversity, current gen specs, and native apps NO ANDROID runtime)

In a nutshell, both the Classic and Priv come with compromises. Compromises I realize I'm not willing to accept. I would love a Priv size screen Classic based keyboard (slightly larger and touch enabled) with native BlackBerry apps.

Mixing android with bb10 was a fail, and so is BlackBerry making android devices. Sigh....i don't want iFone but my choices aren't wide

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 04:22 AM

They should have aggressively upgraded BB10 (all it needed was more hardware diversity, current gen specs, and native apps NO ANDROID runtime)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Oh, is that all?

Big developers refused to come to the platform despite offers of money and support. No apps, no hope.
    08-31-16 06:44 AM
    Where have you handled the phone? Just curious.

I have not because it doesn't look like Rome or hamburg. Why bother risking being misled even further? What if it blows up in my hand?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 02:57 PM
    Wrong forum.
    09-01-16 04:39 PM
    I have not because it doesn't look like Rome or hamburg. Why bother risking being misled even further? What if it blows up in my hand?

Posted via CB10
    So you're angry at a phone you've never seen in person because of renders made by people who themselves have not seen the phone in person.

A+ logic.
    09-01-16 06:42 PM
66 123