Am I missing something? Why doesn't dtek look anything like the hyped hamburg or Rome models?? I was really hoping to trade in my classic for one or the other

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-24-16 01:05 PM
    Leaks and fan renders don't necessarily end up matching production. BlackBerry didn't give any official previews.
    08-24-16 01:26 PM
    why would it? its rebranded Alcatel idol 4. exactly the same phone. when it comes to it blackberry did nothing apart from sticking its label on it. software wise same: just stock android.
    lazy way. no hardware development no software development PURE REBRANDING
    08-24-16 01:34 PM
    why would it? its rebranded Alcatel idol 4. exactly the same phone. when it comes to it blackberry did nothing apart from sticking its label on it. software wise same: just stock android.
    lazy way. no hardware development no software development PURE REBRANDING
    Just to make sure you don't confuse other readers as much as you are confused, please read:

DTEK50 is fundamentally different on the Inside to Idol4. Same case, different gutt. Think of it as beer bottles; two bottles can look alike, but they contain differen beverage!
    Got it?
    08-24-16 03:26 PM
    actually, you right, have to admit it loudly. they are different, blackberry dtec 50 is slightly trimmed and slower version of alcatel idol. same guts thou.
    08-24-16 03:54 PM
    actually, you right, have to admit it loudly. they are different, blackberry dtec 50 is slightly trimmed and slower version of alcatel idol. same guts thou.
    That's not accurate. Thurber was quite clear: hardware, firmware, and software changes. They are both built off the same basic TCL reference design though, no doubt.

Physical evidence is that the front cameras don't line up, so some internal rearrangement has occurred.
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 04:21 PM.
    08-24-16 03:59 PM
    o yes its kind of hybrid IDOL 3 inertia in Idol 4 exterior. totally agreed. give me a break. we not talking here about revisions, keep to the fact bb did nothing, ordered LIGHT version of idol 4 and had them made by alcatel. at the end of the day its part of blackberry latest stratego to move away from hardware development and manufacturing and relay on outsourcing in this case rebranding.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-24-16 04:08 PM
    o yes its kind of hybrid IDOL 3 inertia in Idol 4 exterior. totally agreed. give me a break. we not talking here about revisions, keep to the fact bb did nothing, ordered LIGHT version of idol 4 and had them made by alcatel. at the end of the day its part of blackberry latest stratego to move away from hardware development and manufacturing and relay on outsourcing in this case rebranding.
    Rebranding never ever works. It doesn't work in auto industry and it will not work here. But at least they have solved the app gap.

Eternal chase for customers and its always something else that makes it hard enough
    08-24-16 04:16 PM
    you see with this strategy it does not matter how many units you sell, i mean its not so critical. development from scratch require millions units sold in order to maintain proper cash flow, that's why all previous attempt failed big time including priv as a matter of fact, just think mid of summer Blackberry priv sold over 0.6m privs same time asus hit 30 milion with its zenfone3. when it comes to it bb10 is superior when compared to android in terms of productivity flow. yest 99 percent users are happy with cheap media orientated phones and whatever google come up with. i just don't see the seller here when ts come to bb, i wish they went full on and did some real makeover of android, than they will succeed, otherwise they will be just another stock android copier company, the only difference is they new, with least experience in the field. dtec50 is great example.
    08-24-16 04:18 PM
    keep to the fact bb did nothing, ordered LIGHT version of idol 4
    [two citations required]

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 06:51 PM.
    08-24-16 04:27 PM
    Why are you here in a bb forum if you obviously don't like BB. Trolling and putting wrong info.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-24-16 04:31 PM
    Fan renders were wrong, news at 11.
    BB-JAM215, Carjackd and xandros9 like this.
    08-24-16 05:54 PM
    Why are you here in a bb forum if you obviously don't like BB. Trolling and putting wrong info.
    firs of all wrong info? look we can have opinions about things but facts are unchangeable. i can love blackberry to the bits but it wont change simple fact that they do rebrand. it goes along with their latest announcement. no more hardware!. well going to android it means no more software as well. and thats my whole point. i have had every device with bb logo on it since bold. i just desperately looking for something to hang on..... hmmmm.... yet again??? i know must be painful for some but prove me wrong... there is no blackberry in NewBlackberry. just cant find it. my classic went wrong so get my hands on priv two weeks after bought classic again and as i write this i am trying hard to recreate daily tasks blackberry would help me with. just cant match it. and don't tell me its different os get use to it. no obvious and simple and mostly PRODUCTIVE and EFFICIENT gone, because you know what IF I WANTED ANDROID I WOULD BUY ONE LONG TIME AGO, i truly believed we gonna get bb touch, makeover, genuine UI, bit of soul. cos for me and for many in here blackberry its not just brand its a way of working.
    krazyatom and xandros9 like this.
    08-24-16 06:45 PM
    firs of all wrong info? look we can have opinions about things but facts are unchangeable. i can love blackberry to the bits but it wont change simple fact that they do rebrand. it goes along with their latest announcement. no more hardware!. well going to android it means no more software as well. and thats my whole point. i have had every device with bb logo on it since bold. i just desperately looking for something to hang on..... hmmmm.... yet again??? i know must be painful for some but prove me wrong... there is no blackberry in NewBlackberry. just cant find it. my classic went wrong so get my hands on priv two weeks after bought classic again and as i write this i am trying hard to recreate daily tasks blackberry would help me with. just cant match it. and don't tell me its different os get use to it. no obvious and simple and mostly PRODUCTIVE and EFFICIENT gone, because you know what IF I WANTED ANDROID I WOULD BUY ONE LONG TIME AGO, i truly believed we gonna get bb touch, makeover, genuine UI, bit of soul. cos for me and for many in here blackberry its not just brand its a way of working.
    Look, anyone can punch out a decent slab phone. It's not like BlackBerry had the market cornered on brilliant slab design. The TCL device is very good, and will keep the price at about half of what it would cost BlackBerry to build the identical product (through economies of scale and purchasing power). So minor hardware changes from the reference design it is.

The big piece from BlackBerry is the value add that they provide the Android platform. I, for one, think it's great. Hardening, quick updates, DTEK, and the rest of the app suite, built on a lightweight, efficient launcher. It's the very best of both worlds.
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 07:08 PM.
    08-24-16 06:58 PM
    does your job actually depend on phone??? or you were waiting for years till blackberry make that move so you can finally justify switching to android. cos remember by signing to android it just does not matter its bb moto htc samsung asus and so on. well almost does not matter maybe apart from asus the only company which sticks to its UI rather than stock. you most people are fine with that 1st they don't no any different 2nd majority can be fed with just anything, remember even piece of sh* will flow with the current. so if you use your phone for playing funny games or to be stuck all day long in front 5 inch display watching movies i recon you deserve it. do appologize for being bit flippant.
    08-24-16 07:11 PM
    does your job actually depend on phone??? or you were waiting for years till blackberry make that move so you can finally justify switching to android. cos remember by signing to android it just does not matter its bb moto htc samsung asus and so on. well almost does not matter maybe apart from asus the only company which sticks to its UI rather than stock. you most people are fine with that 1st they don't no any different 2nd majority can be fed with just anything, remember even piece of sh* will flow with the current. so if you use your phone for playing funny games or to be stuck all day long in front 5 inch display watching movies i recon you deserve it. do appologize for being bit flippant.
    I would think you are about 5 rungs above flippant.

My job depends very much on my phone. More so every month.

As that reliance grows, in combination with the increasing deprication of the BB10 ecosystem, Android was the obvious place to go. BlackBerry value-add made for a very soft landing, and Android has improved immensely starting with Lollipop.

I can now do things I could only dream of on BB10. Advanced file management, banking, collaboration tools, Office 365, travel/membership apps, etc, etc.

BB10 is an excellent platform for email, but I simply need more out of a smartphone now.

I've had other Android devices running both vanilla Android, and the bloated Touchwiz. I prefer what BlackBerry is doing.
    Last edited by conite; 08-24-16 at 07:48 PM.
    08-24-16 07:24 PM
    don't take me wrong what you think i am doing here??? am not crying after "old good days" the only possible move now days is android as a matter of fact. no one else left. its kinda one fit all, take or ... die. am struggling to find professional way of managing of what was so simple with other means. sad also i am that bb did not serve me that, all they did is sold me stock android like any other out there and lets no argue here thats its different. am not there for the look. android lacks integrity. its very messy in terms of its topology, but hey, google coming up with 1000th projects a year ditching half of them next year. difficult to hang on to perm solution.
    VERY simple example of very unserious approach bb taken. is it aimed at professional user s? ok my first WTF started when i did ot find flag remember app on the homescreen. ok well spouse can live with it but hang on WHY would I. ok let get over it. so you start using it just to find out same day that you missed something so important that you were left stunned for the rest of the day.... WHY.... hmmm all reminders in your tasks app did not mirrored them self in calendar.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so obvious, so expected, REALLY BB. not to mention missing folders like you wanna scroll through 1000 projects. give me just that and i buy another BB or any other FOR another �500 tommorow.
    and i an go on and on. and you know hat. I am demanding, cos i know how it should work and i know that just 5 percent of JUSt my ideas would make any android especially business orientated JUST must to have. otherwise soon very rest of few bb lovers will start to dissociate bb with its productivity no 1. and they become as i have mention earlier on yet another android stock device. you see all pluralism left in mobile industry is brand, os is only one now days. luckily its heavily customisable so why would bb not take this root. tell me in all honesty: don't you feel embarrassed when you tap phone icon, whats is that kindergarten, what have happen with clean and sleek and PROFESsIONAL look. massive screen yet impossible to get good overview of messages contacts and so on. you know what shall i stop right here? i could go on and on... but again. whats the point if even BB gave up.
    Q10Bold and krazyatom like this.
    08-24-16 08:27 PM
    I don't have the proper decoder ring for that wall of text.

I will only say that BlackBerry offers a unique take on Android that is clean, efficient, professional, and not heavy handed.
    08-24-16 10:00 PM
    I don't have the proper decoder ring for that wall of text.

I will only say that BlackBerry offers a unique take on Android that is clean, efficient, professional, and not heavy handed.
    unique take on Android IE STOCK lol
    08-24-16 10:13 PM
    unique take on Android IE STOCK lol
    Laugh all you want, but I think the UI is very different (in a good way) from vanilla Android (a la Nexus).

HUB, BlackBerry Launcher, DTEK, Productivity Tab, swipe up gestures, etc, etc.
    TGIS and CerveloJohn like this.
    08-24-16 10:21 PM
    Laugh all you want, but I think the UI is very different (in a good way) from vanilla Android (a la Nexus).

HUB, BlackBerry Launcher, DTEK, Productivity Tab, swipe up gestures, etc, etc.
    wow... VERY. o yes if black audi is very different from white than YES. are we seriously getting to the point that because it has differen icon its different IT STILL RUN SAME HANGOUT APP and so on , so how you gonna call my widget on my priv BB PRIV GOLD EDITION 2 loc
    TheCSI likes this.
    08-24-16 10:44 PM
    wow... VERY. o yes if black audi is very different from white than YES. are we seriously getting to the point that because it has differen icon its different IT STILL RUN SAME HANGOUT APP and so on , so how you gonna call my widget on my priv BB PRIV GOLD EDITION 2 loc
    This is clearly pointless.

I describe the BlackBerry value add (apps, hardening, updates, launcher, productivity tab, etc), and you call it a coat of paint. We're too far apart for a reasonable discussion.
    08-25-16 06:42 AM
    Its not supposed to look like the Rome. The Rome is a QWERTY device.. Renders don't always end up looking like the real device.. The Hamburg was more BlackBerry in design, they didn't have the IDOL 4 in mind when doing the renders.

Its a re-branded phone so it ended up looking like the phone it was based on, Idol 4.. Nothing went astray, Re-branded Idol 4 = DTEK50.. Exactly what we already knew before its launch.

Expect the Rome to look like the original elegant BlackBerry devices because simply there will be no re-branding or copying a device from Alcatel.. It will be all ours. BlackBerry in every aspect.
    stlabrat likes this.
    08-25-16 08:37 AM
    I would think you are about 5 rungs above flippant.

My job depends very much on my phone. More so every month.

As that reliance grows, in combination with the increasing deprication of the BB10 ecosystem, Android was the obvious place to go. BlackBerry value-add made for a very soft landing, and Android has improved immensely starting with Lollipop.

I can now do things I could only dream of on BB10. Advanced file management, banking, collaboration tools, Office 365, travel/membership apps, etc, etc.

BB10 is an excellent platform for email, but I simply need more out of a smartphone now.

I've had other Android devices running both vanilla Android, and the bloated Touchwiz. I prefer what BlackBerry is doing.
    To insert myself in the conversation, may I ask what you mean by "advanced file management"? When I used a tester Priv, I found I could not do anything as convenient re files, immediate downloads, saving, opening, forwarding, etc. To be fair to Priv, it would be interesting to have a comparison.

All the best.
    chujcidotego likes this.
    08-25-16 08:39 AM
    To insert myself in the conversation, may I ask what you mean by "advanced file management"? When I used a tester Priv, I found I could not do anything as convenient re files, immediate downloads, saving, opening, forwarding, etc. To be fair to Priv, it would be interesting to have a comparison.

All the best.
    Solid Explorer can connect to 14 types of cloud sources including ftp, lan, webdav, and more.

It can also be chosen as one of the three swipe up gestures so you can access it from anywhere.

Individual cloud sources can be password protected.

Integration is deep into the OS, so sharing in and out is easy.

It has split screen for moving and copying.

I could go on.
    Ecm likes this.
    08-25-16 09:03 AM
66 123