My wife pre ordered the classic two weeks ago thinking by doing that she would insulate herself from the insanity that is digital river. No such luck! Amex declined the pre auth and even though my wife phoned and emailed DR to tell them to try it again, they just cancelled the order. That means another three week wait for someone who has been waiting over a year to upgrade her 9900. DR couldn't do something right to save their souls. This is after they left me hanging for two weeks on my z30 order. She is so not happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:26 AM
    That sucks. Waiting that long and to have it screwed up is frustrating. Hope you get it worked out.
    12-19-14 10:30 AM
    If amazon has it, probably a blessing in disguise that DR cancelled!

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and thymaster like this.
    12-19-14 10:35 AM
    Same here... they cannot get pre-auth on my card so they cancelled the order. Sick of DR, hope BB gets rid of them soon
    12-19-14 10:44 AM
    Sorry to hear this.

"Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting."
    12-19-14 11:39 AM
    She re-ordered it from Amazon, ships Jan 9 (hopefully) .

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:17 PM
    Yea definitely a blessing in disguise, digital river is one of the worst companies to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:21 PM
    Yea definitely a blessing in disguise, digital river is one of the worst companies to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    agreed
    12-21-14 01:19 PM
    Since BlackBerry is already using Amazon as another partner, why can't BlackBerry get rid of Digital River? Perhaps BlackBerry is waiting until the contract between them is over?

After hearing all the horrible stories about DR, I doubt that I'd be buying any BlackBerry from them anytime soon.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:00 PM
    More choices my friend.

Also Amazon doesn't distribute to Canada, UK, France and Deutschland without a currency exchange and import tax. DR passes across borders and complies to tax laws and import regulations within each countries.

Since BlackBerry is already using Amazon as another partner, why can't BlackBerry get rid of Digital River? Perhaps BlackBerry is waiting until the contract between them is over?

After hearing all the horrible stories about DR, I doubt that I'd be buying any BlackBerry from them anytime soon.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    12-21-14 02:14 PM
    More choices my friend.

Also Amazon doesn't distribute to Canada, UK, France and Deutschland without a currency exchange and import tax. DR passes across borders and complies to tax laws and import regulations within each countries.
    amazon.ca seems to distribute in Canada for free according to their website....if I would have known that amazon.ca had it I would have ordered it from there and it would have been cheaper by roughly $20.00

NEVER AGAIN WITH DIGITAL RIVER
    12-21-14 02:47 PM
    Whenever there was an issue with my card authorization, it was usually the financial institution screwing things up. DR sounds like a pain to deal with, but maybe they aren't at fault in this instance. Do you know if AmEx added new restrictions recently? That's what happened with my bank that wouldn't allow me to purchase a large amount of fragrances last month.
    12-21-14 02:48 PM
    Pre-ordered my Classic on November 13th and it still has not shipped.

Poetry in Motion
    12-31-14 08:20 AM
    So your mad at DR because your credit card flagged the payment? Visa does this to me all the time and in the long run it has saved my over 9k in fraudulent charges.

It happens!

In the future call the credit card company. There is nothing DR can do about it. No money no sale.

Blechh I just defended DR lol

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:37 AM
    Really happy to have ordered mine through Amazon. Ordered my Passport through DR and 2 day shipping turned into 6 with their screwed up Fed Ex shipping.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:14 AM