If I type slow to normal I do not get double typing. After 6 months numerous drops I get double typing in random keys when I type fast.

When messaging I'm often told to slow down because the person on the other end can not speak as fast I can type.

Being random keys I would say it is more a operator error than the phone.

So do I have double typing issues? I think not.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:13 AM
    Before dropping = no double tap
    After 6 months of dropping = double tap

I guess you answered your own question, sir...
    06-02-15 09:21 AM
    Never dropped my Classic, it still developed double-typing after a few weeks of use.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:48 AM
    I have not experience this double typing, but what really is it?
    Is it a software bug?
    Is it double typing on a word or double typing on a letter?
    06-02-15 11:17 AM
    I have not experience this double typing, but what really is it?
    Is it a software bug?
    Is it double typing on a word or double typing on a letter?
    Could be hardware, could be software or rather a mix of both. On the Q10 it was hardware based in virtually every case.
    The issue looks like this: BblackBeerry obviiously doesn't give aa **** about thee double-typping of their customeers.

It happens randomly at most and it is not always easy to (re)produce it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:42 AM
    No.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-02-15 01:12 PM
    Could be hardware, could be software or rather a mix of both. On the Q10 it was hardware based in virtually every case.
    The issue looks like this: BblackBeerry obviiously doesn't give aa **** about thee double-typping of their customeers.

It happens randomly at most and it is not always easy to (re)produce it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    You nailed it. It's weird because it's almost impossible to reproduce it on purpose, but it always happens every now and then. That's why it's frustrating. Also makes it hard to tell whether it's a hardware or a software issue....
    06-02-15 09:17 PM
    I did a software reload using link and manual install. Did not restore my backup. My phone is typing noticeably better. So, in my case, I am inclined to blame the software.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-03-15 01:27 PM
    I did a software reload using link and manual install. Did not restore my backup. My phone is typing noticeably better. So, in my case, I am inclined to blame the software.

Posted via CB10
    But it bugs people that they have to reload the software to start with.
    I don't think a lot of people want to go back to an era where it was quite normal for a OS to be buggy and thus go back to a time in their lives where they thought is was quite normal to spend many hours/evenings to get a device back to work.
    I don't think that I want to spend time any longer to have to deal with such tiresome issues.
    A 'business phone' for 'business users' needs to be stable. Nobody wants to spend time any longer with such mid 2000's nonsense.
    I don't think I'm alone when I'm saying that I rather had a 200 bucks more expensive Classic if it had better specs (Passport+), was stable and hadn't got ANY DT issues or other problems.
    06-03-15 03:54 PM
    But it bugs people that they have to reload the software to start with.
    I don't think a lot of people want to go back to an era where it was quite normal for a OS to be buggy and thus go back to a time in their lives where they thought is was quite normal to spend many hours/evenings to get a device back to work.
    I don't think that I want to spend time any longer to have to deal with such tiresome issues.
    A 'business phone' for 'business users' needs to be stable. Nobody wants to spend time any longer with such mid 2000's nonsense.
    I don't think I'm alone when I'm saying that I rather had a 200 bucks more expensive Classic if it had better specs (Passport+), was stable and hadn't got ANY DT issues or other problems.
    Passport has double typing. Confirmed from BlackBerry support once they received my logs and I was given a new phone. It's a defect, apparently. My new phone doesn't double type even after loading a full backup from my previous device.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-03-15 05:00 PM