I'm trying to get myself a Classic, and a thought occurred to me...does the toolbelt work in Android apps and Android apps that are sideloaded? Obviously the call/end call buttons will work regardless since that's the only purpose they serve. But what about the trackpad and the menu and back buttons? Do they do anything in non native apps or no?

The reason this thought came to me was from watching a review of the Classic and the guy was touching upon this lightly. He mentioned sometimes the trackpad was hit or miss within certain Android apps and games, but that's all he said. So I was looking for more detailed accounts from people using the Classic about using the toolbelt within Android apps.
    03-05-15 10:02 AM
    Hit or miss as noted. Depends on how the app was coded. Even pops up and tells some apps might not work right. Not sure what else can be added to what the reviewer said, it was accurate 100%.
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:16 AM
    The guy was right, it is hit and miss. Toolbelt functionality on Android depends on the app.

I can fully use the toolbelt in OurGroceries, MSN News and OneNote. Trackpad sensitivity is an issue in all of them forcing me to be more careful but it does work.
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:18 AM
    Thanks guys! I was just looking for functionality of the buttons since he talked about the trackpad. I didn't know if they wouldn't work at all (makes sense the trackpad would be hit or miss since it's just for scrolling and whatnot).
    03-05-15 10:22 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed that in some it doesn't work, and others I'm surprised how well it works that I forget it's an Android app.
    03-05-15 10:25 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed that in some it doesn't work, and others I'm surprised how well it works that I forget it's an Android app.
    That's a great point.. some apps literally feel like they were designed with it in mind.
    dlrogers81 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:26 AM
    Uptill now, THE trackpad works perfect for me, Android or native apps No problems at all👍
    03-05-15 10:29 AM