Just wondering how many classic users use a pass code lock on their phones. Besides phone numbers I don't have anything of importance stored on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 08:20 PM
    I don't because it's too time consuming. I want in/out of phone is less than 5 sec usually.

Anything of major security I keep in Password Keeper.
    08-31-15 08:30 PM
    I don't because it's too time consuming. I want in/out of phone is less than 5 sec usually.

Anything of major security I keep in Password Keeper.
    ^^^^^

From a Classic
    08-31-15 09:44 PM
    I was using it, but yesterday I discovered that I had to unlock it with the password to dismiss an alarm. Very inconvenient.
    09-01-15 09:15 AM
    I do. It's a short password that I don't find inconvenient to have to type every time. I don't have anything of real importance on my phone but I'd rather have all my stuff wiped if I happened to lose my phone.
    GoProPilot likes this.
    09-01-15 10:32 AM
    I do. It's a short password that I don't find inconvenient to have to type every time. I don't have anything of real importance on my phone but I'd rather have all my stuff wiped if I happened to lose my phone.
    You shouldn't need to with BB10 and BlackBerry Protect. If you lose your phone you can go to protect.blackberry.com and turn the password lock on or remote wipe it.
    09-01-15 10:39 AM
    I was using it, but yesterday I discovered that I had to unlock it with the password to dismiss an alarm. Very inconvenient.
    I have password lock and don't need to type password to dismiss or snooze. Just wipe up. No?
    09-01-15 01:15 PM
    You shouldn't need to with BB10 and BlackBerry Protect. If you lose your phone you can go to protect.blackberry.com and turn the password lock on or remote wipe it.
    This is only doable after the fact you lost your phone. :-)
    09-01-15 01:16 PM
    Picture password for me

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:19 PM
    This is only doable after the fact you lost your phone. :-)
    Not sure what you mean - I'm saying you don't necessarily need to have password lock on all the time just in case you lose your phone because you can turn it on after the fact. You do need to be able to get to the website, though.
    09-01-15 01:20 PM
    I have password lock and don't need to type password to dismiss or snooze. Just wipe up. No?
    That's what I thought, but it did not work, and I was in a meeting at work. I don't want to turn off the alarm, either.
    09-01-15 01:23 PM
    This is true. If I happen to be out and can't get on the internet quickly enough to do those things, whoever has my phone already has access. If I keep the password lock on, at least they'll have wiped the data first, right? Just a minor safety precaution.
    09-01-15 01:30 PM
    I absolutely lock my device and with the current Police State and personal privacy being a fading right not only in the US, but globally as well I strongly advise others do the same... Inconvenient at times yes, but necessary I feel.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:49 PM
    I use the picture password. Yes, it's a bit awkward, but really worth it to not have people able to access the phone if lost/stolen.

You should be able to snooze an alarm without unlocking.
    Optionally, set your phone to "meeting mode" - during meetings that are in your calendar it will not pop notifications up.
    09-01-15 02:07 PM
    I use picture password. And only after 30 minutes of not using the phone.

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    09-01-15 02:11 PM
    I saw several people say that they use picture password. How does that work? Do you just get several pictures on screen and then you have to hit several in order to unlock? How do I set it up? So far I've mostly taken the attitude like a previous posting, I want to get it very quickly open, do what I needed to do and let or tell it to sleep the display to save juice. I just avoid keeping sensitive or irreplaceable data on my Q10. But if I only had to hit a few large pictures it might be worth the slight inconvenience in order to get some security. Since I never put my Q10 down other than in my house or my car I'm not seriously worried about losing it, but I know in some areas theft is possible. Is it fairly easy to set up? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:42 PM
    I use a password and picture password along with pocket safe. Picture password is nice as it's almost impossible to Crack and it allows easier unlocking compared to typing in a password. And with pocket safe I don't have to worry about my phone doing things in my pocket or trying to enter my password 10 times resulting in a phone wipe (with BlackBerry Protect on and a phone wipe that apparently locks you out of your phone for good, so I turned that off.)

BBClassic10.3.2.2639
    09-01-15 03:55 PM
    Do you use a password lock?-img-20150901-00004.jpgDo you use a password lock?-img-20150901-00005.jpg
    You should be able to snooze an alarm without unlocking.
    I agree, but that's not what happens. Although from a different thread it sounds like people think I have a bad OS install.
    09-01-15 06:47 PM
    That's what I thought, but it did not work, and I was in a meeting at work. I don't want to turn off the alarm, either.
    Just press anyone of the volume keys to mute the alarm or ringing.

I have mine locked with password, but now use picture password to unlock which is quicker and possibly more secure.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:30 PM
    Oh, with picture password on the Classic you can move the numbers around with the trackpad and click when it's in place. I find that more convenient and it won't start over if you take your finger off like using the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:34 PM
    No.

I clicked this on my Passport.
    09-01-15 11:55 PM
    Not sure what you mean - I'm saying you don't necessarily need to have password lock on all the time just in case you lose your phone because you can turn it on after the fact. You do need to be able to get to the website, though.
    Sorry, what I meant is that you can do that only once you realized you lost a phone and you are close to a comp to do that.
    09-02-15 05:50 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150901-00004.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	369297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150901-00005.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	369298

I agree, but that's not what happens. Although from a different thread it sounds like people think I have a bad OS install.
    The alarm isn't going off on your screen, is it making the alarm sound?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 07:43 PM
    The alarm isn't going off on your screen, is it making the alarm sound?

Posted via CB10
    It sure is.
    09-02-15 07:47 PM