This is not a complaint, but I'm rather curious whether I'm the only one facing this, since I've haven't read anything about it on this forum.

When I'm typing, the Classic is resting on a few fingers. When I'm typing real fast, one or two fingers are gently pressed against the back cover. When I'm done typing and the pressure of my fingers gets off the back cover, I hear this tick, tap or kind of crackling sound,

I've tried to reproduce this sound by pressing my fingers against the back cover. It worked a few times when I press just beneath the BlackBerry logo, but it doesn't always happen.

It's been there since day one and it doesn't really worry or disturb me enough to rant about it or anything, but I'm curious whether some of you Classic owners have faced this issue.

Cheers!

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-28-15 03:26 PM
    I've had the classic for over 5 weeks, and I can honestly say that I have not heard that noise. It could be the NFC pins? Maybe someone more experienced than me can provide you with a solution or an answer.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 03:32 PM
    I've had the classic for over 5 weeks, and I can honestly say that I have not heard that noise. It could be the NFC pins? Maybe someone more experienced than me can provide you with a solution or an answer.

Posted via CB10
    The NFC pins are usually on the side, the sound comes from the middle. I forgot to mention it in my post, but I also feel the cover moving just a little bit! Like it's popping out?

01-28-15 03:39 PM
    On the Q10, the NFC pins made a sound and they were not on the side but around the middle of the phone and to the right.
    01-28-15 03:49 PM
    The NFC pins are usually on the side, the sound comes from the middle. I forgot to mention it in my post, but I also feel the cover moving just a little bit! Like it's popping out?

I know exactly what u are talking about. I just got my Classic yesterday and there seems to be some sort of void on the back of the device. It's almost feels like the back can come off like a cover. I can tap the back and feel it moving back and forth. Feels like a gap between the battery and cover.
    01-28-15 03:52 PM
    I know exactly what u are talking about. I just got my Classic yesterday and there seems to be some sort of void on the back of the device. It's almost feels like the back can come off like a cover. I can tap the back and feel it moving back and forth. Feels like a gap between the battery and cover.
    Yes! I wonder if you'll hear the popping sound as well. LOL I just heard it while typing "well".

01-28-15 04:03 PM
    It's the NFC pins!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:05 PM
    Yes! I wonder if you'll hear the popping sound as well. LOL I just heard it while typing "well".

No popping sound yet. Maybe someone will post a Classic breakdown video so that we can put an end to this mystery! Lol.
    01-28-15 04:13 PM
    My lock button is not super loose but loose enough to make noise when I toss it on my bed or couch.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:31 PM
    Been pressing on my Classic but no popping sounds. Will keep an ear out for it. Thanks for the heads up. Had this phone for almost a month now.

Posted via Classic
    01-28-15 09:30 PM
    My lock button is not super loose but loose enough to make noise when I toss it on my bed or couch.

Posted via CB10
    Now that would worry me as it could stop functioning if it gets worse.

01-29-15 12:14 AM
    This is not a complaint, but I'm rather curious whether I'm the only one facing this, since I've haven't read anything about it on this forum.

When I'm typing, the Classic is resting on a few fingers. When I'm typing real fast, one or two fingers are gently pressed against the back cover. When I'm done typing and the pressure of my fingers gets off the back cover, I hear this tick, tap or kind of crackling sound,

I've tried to reproduce this sound by pressing my fingers against the back cover. It worked a few times when I press just beneath the BlackBerry logo, but it doesn't always happen.

It's been there since day one and it doesn't really worry or disturb me enough to rant about it or anything, but I'm curious whether some of you Classic owners have faced this issue.

Cheers!

I hear the sound when I rub my finger(s) over the area where the blackberry logo is and over it directly. Perhaps this is a place where the glue didn't settle

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3: T-Mobile 4G LTE
    01-29-15 01:09 AM
    This video might help

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-29-15 01:18 AM
    01-29-15 12:28 PM
    I used to have such sound on my Z10, on the classic haven't faced such an issue

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:39 PM
    Mine doesn't make a sound

But yes even on my previous berrys after a while they started to make a bit of a creaking noise from the back but nothing major.
    01-29-15 07:42 PM
    I used to have such sound on my Z10, on the classic haven't faced such an issue

Posted via CB10
    There is a smiliar noise when the back cover is applied on the back of the phone. I used to encounter the noise when I hadn't applied it on all sides and it clicked in when I was using the phone. But that could be totally unrelated to the sound you were experiencing.

01-30-15 12:24 PM