I always have my phones in the back pocket of my jeans.
    With BlackBerry Classic I have the problem that the phone is restarted several times a day and is waiting for sim Pin. So I'm offline.
    Is it possible to disable phone shutdown by hangup button so only shutdown with the button on top is possible?

I can't understand why the phone can be shutdown only by pressing the hangup button for some seconds without any other action.
    The solution from apple is so much better. First you have to press the on/off button for some seconds and after that you can shutdown by a slider on the display.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 07:32 AM
    That's weird. Why do you think it's the hang up button and not the top button?
    02-04-15 07:50 AM
    You can shutdown classic with the top button AND also the hangup button.
    In my mind the hangup button doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 08:05 AM
    I'm having the same issue. It seems so illogical that you can shut down the phone just by pressing one button that is easily pushed when in a pocket.

My phone powers down in my pocket 3 or 4 times a day and it's getting on my nerves as I miss calls and when I need to use my phone I have to wait 5 mins for it to restart. Should there not be at least 2 buttons to be pushed to restart or when pushing the power button there has to be a second command to restart the phone or a screen gesture to confirm that you want to restart like with EVERY other manufacturer of phones out there. Honestly I cannot believe how ret*rded this is.

Is there anyway to disable the power down button from restarting the phone or adding in a second button that needs to be pushed to confirm power down? Is there an app out there that can maybe do this?
    gsxatc likes this.
    02-05-15 12:14 AM
    I get issues of it unlocking and pocket dialing. That top button is too easy to hit. I hate using the touch screen but quick double tap of top button to unlock would solve this issue.
    02-05-15 07:24 AM
    You can shutdown classic with the top button AND also the hangup button.
    In my mind the hangup button doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    You can blame that on BBOS. I guess they were hoping you remembered that feature, and 'just couldn't live without it'... otherwise why buy a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 07:31 AM
    It's a continuity thing with BBOS. The end key was used as a power on off key for many of us, so they kept it with the Classic.

Although I never put my phone in my pants pocket, I can't for the life of me see issues with powering off and on of the device.

Mines either in my suit breast pocket or my hip holster.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-05-15 07:52 AM
    I hated this "feature" also on my 9900 and other older BBs.
    But these were delivered with a leather pouch so the device will not be switched off in a pants pocket.

I think I really have to go back to the roots and buy a leather pouch for my Classic :-(((

I wonder why such totally stupid things were adopted to OS10 and the really needed features not.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    02-05-15 10:05 AM
    This actually started cropping up for me yesterday. It seems to be very sensitive to that instead of holding that button. The first time it happened I was wtf
    02-05-15 11:10 AM
    Bump! I'm really getting perturbed at this z30 and my return to blackberry from the iPhone. I've attempted to Turn the z30 screen off a few times by using the top power button and I know I don't hold it anywhere near 3 seconds, or what should even be considered a long press, and it attempts to restart. I have 3 seconds to hit cancel, great, I tap cancel and every time it hasn't registered and it turns off anyway! Very annoying! If at this point it actually restarted, at least it would be back to functioning, but no, it starts blinking a red light and flashing "blackberry" until I force I to restart by long pressing the power button again... a TRUE long press this time. Damn BlackBerry, this CAN'T be difficult to correct. If you as a company are going to build a solid bodied phone and put absolute crap buttons on it, and they are crap buttons, loose and WAY too easy to press (I also accidentally change the volume every time I pick it up), then take responsibility for your blunder and FIX THE ISSUE!!! These seemingly "small" annoyances are why people switch phones.
    01-18-16 02:59 AM