Just rec'd by Classic and getting used to having a qwerty again. I tried the passport when it first came out and was very impressed with the speed and accuracy of dictation.

Maybe it's my reception or the new os but I get the spinning wheel for at least 30 seconds to a minute before any dictation starts. Accuracy is pretty good when it eventually begins.

Anyone else find the same or just my particular device? I'm on ATT in the US.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:58 AM
    are you talking like a voice note?
    12-25-14 09:03 AM
    No I meant like dictating a reply to a text message or quick response to an email.

Or using Assistant and asking any question, it really needs time to think it over before any response is made.

It's pretty unusable on my Z30 as it never gets it right on 10.2 but I remember the Passport was really impressive. This new Classic is pretty accurate but slow as molasses.

My question was more to figure out if it's the device in general or maybe the os or my carrier etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:10 AM
    No I meant like dictating a reply to a text message or quick response to an email.

Or using Assistant and asking any question, it really needs time to think it over before any response is made.

It's pretty unusable on my Z30 as it never gets it right on 10.2 but I remember the Passport was really impressive. This new Classic is pretty accurate but slow as molasses.

My question was more to figure out if it's the device in general or maybe the os or my carrier etc.

Posted via CB10
    hummmmmmmmm my Z 30 has 10.3.1 leak on it and while I was driving and replying to text with the wife or email for that matter it was very accurate and not slow for me.

I just tried it on the Classic it is the same thing not slow...Now if you compare that with the Passport well then probably slower but to which point.

When the Z 10 came out with all its problems yeah that was not fun..

Also I am french with a big accent in English speaking...I can say that the Z 30 and Classic work very well for me at dictation no mistake and actually the classic is a tad faster than my Z not by much
    12-25-14 10:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you dictate a text or text reply please? I know how to do it with Blackberry Assistant, but I haven't learned how to do it without using the BB Assistant. Thank you.
    12-25-14 12:24 PM
    How do you dictate a text or text reply please? I know how to do it with Blackberry Assistant, but I haven't learned how to do it without using the BB Assistant. Thank you.
    when receiving a TXT just hold the 0 till the microphone comes up...same with email
    kitmo likes this.
    12-25-14 12:28 PM
    Alain thank you. That is so handy and easy. Merry Christmas.
    12-25-14 12:35 PM
    Alain thank you. That is so handy and easy. Merry Christmas.
    Same to you from Medicine Hat, AB
    12-25-14 12:44 PM
    I spent a month in Okotoks taking care of a little farm in August. Had a good time other than a few sudden hail storms that dented my car. I remember seeing the huge black clouds coming and I would race out to get the old horse to put him in the barn before it hit. Awesome beautiful storms and countryside.
    12-25-14 01:12 PM
    I spent a month in Okotoks taking care of a little farm in August. Had a good time other than a few sudden hail storms that dented my car. I remember seeing the huge black clouds coming and I would race out to get the old horse to put him in the barn before it hit. Awesome beautiful storms and countryside.
    where are you located?
    12-25-14 01:21 PM
    By the way you can use the same microphone to write any post in the CB app

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:28 PM
    I am in South Surrey/White Rock BC 1/2 mile from the US Border with major cell tower reception issues ie. roaming onto to AT&T . I had to go to pay as you go to keep from roaming, but I have next to no Telus reception unless I go one block north --yet we have two huge Telus towers less than 3 blocks away. I guess AT&T is so much stronger. Thanks for your help.
    12-25-14 01:36 PM
    I am in South Surrey/White Rock BC 1/2 mile from the US Border with major cell tower reception issues ie. roaming onto to AT&T . I had to go to pay as you go to keep from roaming, but I have next to no Telus reception unless I go one block north --yet we have two huge Telus towers less than 3 blocks away. I guess AT&T is so much stronger. Thanks for your help.
    I know what you are up against when I was only driving canada going to close to the border was the same for me...Actually would be the same for every cell phone...
    12-25-14 01:39 PM
    I am in South Surrey/White Rock BC 1/2 mile from the US Border with major cell tower reception issues ie. roaming onto to AT&T . I had to go to pay as you go to keep from roaming, but I have next to no Telus reception unless I go one block north --yet we have two huge Telus towers less than 3 blocks away. I guess AT&T is so much stronger. What is the CB app?
    12-25-14 01:40 PM
    Crackberry app for forum on the phone
    kitmo likes this.
    12-25-14 01:53 PM
    Dictation Is S-L-O-W...-img_20141225_125449.png
    Dictation Is S-L-O-W...-img_20141225_125503.png

Posted via CB10

from phone
    12-25-14 01:55 PM