The Belt is vintage and classic.... not old and busted.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    th.1977 likes this.
    03-19-14 03:13 AM
    How can already having a bad image be justification for not giving a dann about it anymore?

There was a time when no one liked apple. If they had gone like "no one likes is, but **** it, lets just go on like that." there wouldn't be an iPhone you guys could hate on.

You can tell it to yourselves the whole day, but everyone is affected by a strong message a brand sends. You are what you buy. That's why a lot of people here proudly say they own a blackberry because they need no toy but a tool.

Let me tell you something crazy: there are CEOs out there that run companies and they use android and iOS devices. That blackberry is the only phone you can properly work with is a marketing that's been planted in your heads from legacy times.

Unfortunately blackberry right now appeals mostly to legacy device users and just few others. They need to step it up, as they can't just rely on this circle of people. What if one die hard fan abandoned the ship and no one would replace him?
    It's like a rain forest where you cut down one tree after another and over time there is no forest anymore. What then?
    Start planting some trees.

Posted via CB10
    The image will improve if sales improve. It's that simple.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-19-14 06:43 AM
    How can already having a bad image be justification for not giving a dann about it anymore?
    But is image more important than substance? Is it more important to continue to make an inferior product so that we can claim that the image hasn't changed?

The Q10 is a good phone, and elegant. It represents a break from the past. It uses the new, modern BB10 UI. It's a good marketing story, if your most important goal is to not be the "same old blackberry".

Unfortunately the Q10 is not as efficient as a communication device as the old BBOS devices were. I don't think it's possible to make an all-touch UI that is as fast as a belt-based UI. I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

So, they have a choice. Stick with the new elegant, less efficient UI, and continue to market the new image. Or they could make a new and better and more efficient phone that borrows some elements from previous models.

Personally, I care more about substance than image. I want the better phone, the more efficient UI.

I also think that a better phone is easier to sell than a phone that is consistent with the current brand message.

If they execute properly on the Q20, they will end up with the most efficient phone ever for high-volume business communication. Who cares if the belt looks "retro"? They will have an actual product with an actual unique selling point that is relevant to an actual market segment.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:47 AM
    The image will improve if sales improve. It's that simple.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    Sales will improve when the image improves. It's that simple. Actually, it's not that simple. I just wanted to illustrate that it goes both ways and that BlackBerry does need both, desperately. They need a strong presence as a brand, they need to portray a clear direction and confidence. They also need sales. In case of Q20 this is a tradeoff. They are lowering their brand to extract more sales. I hope that their play pays off and that they are not sitting idly by thinking that the extra sales from the Q20 will do enough to uplift the brand so as to help repair the brand image. It's a fine line and it is my opinion that the Q20 move is a hasty one and quite possibly wrong. We will see I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:36 AM
    This thread is still going? Why argue about a phone that's not even released, and go back and forth about opinion? Over 120 replies later, and nobody is changing theirs. Seems like a waste of time to me...

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-20-14 10:45 AM
    Lowering their brand? That's funny. Is the screen lowering the brand? How about the keyboard? Maybe the Z series lowered the brand.
    Sales will improve when the image improves. It's that simple. Actually, it's not that simple. I just wanted to illustrate that it goes both ways and that BlackBerry does need both, desperately. They need a strong presence as a brand, they need to portray a clear direction and confidence. They also need sales. In case of Q20 this is a tradeoff. They are lowering their brand to extract more sales. I hope that their play pays off and that they are not sitting idly by thinking that the extra sales from the Q20 will do enough to uplift the brand so as to help repair the brand image. It's a fine line and it is my opinion that the Q20 move is a hasty one and quite possibly wrong. We will see I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-20-14 12:42 PM
    This horse is dead. Move on before the cops arrive.