Hi,

I transfered my contacts from an iPhone 6 to a BlackBerry Classic using Device Switch. I have all the contacts, but when someone sends me a SMS I only get the number, not the name (yes, these numbers are on my contact list). Incoming calls and outgoing SMS are fine, with names...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Classic
    06-29-16 02:40 PM
    In my experience, it takes a little bit to work through all the data that was imported. I haven't seen it take longer than 20mins though.
    But, depending on the number of contacts you've imported, if the phone numbers haven't been replaced by the contacts name within a couple hours, then restart the phone by pressing and holding both the volume up and volume down buttons for ~20 seconds. The phone will reset as you release the buttons.

After it boots back up, leave the phone alone for 5-10 mins.

Check the hub.
    If the problem still persists, then restart the hub by swiping diagonally 5 times from the top right corner of the screen, toward the centre of the screen.

Leave it load for a couple mins.
    Check the hub.

Let us know if that doesn't do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 04:35 PM
    In my experience, it takes a little bit to work through all the data that was imported. I haven't seen it take longer than 20mins though.
    But, depending on the number of contacts you've imported, if the phone numbers haven't been replaced by the contacts name within a couple hours, then restart the phone by pressing and holding both the volume up and volume down buttons for ~20 seconds. The phone will reset as you release the buttons.

After it boots back up, leave the phone alone for 5-10 mins.

Check the hub.
    If the problem still persists, then restart the hub by swiping diagonally 5 times from the top right corner of the screen, toward the centre of the screen.

Leave it load for a couple mins.
    Check the hub.

Let us know if that doesn't do it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! It worked just fine.

Classic
    06-30-16 11:18 AM
    Glad to hear!

If you ever have any other questions, let us know!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 02:12 PM