My first post here so please excuse me if I cannot master posting questions on CB.

I have been considering switching to Classic for about a month now. I am still a bit hesitant because I don't know how the phone actually performs overtime(after a few months or even a year). I own and still use a Q5 with an iPhone(for taking photos and some apps like pushbullet, uber, and my mobile banking devices). I very much prefer to BB10 OS over any other already, so the blackberry user interface is not a problem for me. I know blackberry phones are built to wear-in - my main concern is if the battery would start dropping juice quickly after a while. Also, the specs do seem not that much different from Q10, which is a bit disappointing. I know there are rumours of new phones coming out, but if they run on android OS, I might not be that much into them. (sad to see John deciding to leave such an amazing BB10 OS)

Passport is very tempting but I am a girl with small hands - I am a bit afraid I would get tired of carrying it on the go to type etc. However, if you have smallish hands too and own a passport, please let me know how your experiences are so far with the passport.

Aside from all the questions above, what are some of the perks and problems you've had with the classic?

Thanks guys!
    I know people on CB are super helpful and friendly, so thank you for creating such a great online community!
    so crow likes this.
    12-06-15 08:17 PM
    Welcome to the CB community!

First of all, I've never owned the Q5, but I can give you some insight into the Classic and the Passport, both of which I have used. The Classic is a really good phone but coming from the Q5, it won't be as much of an upgrade as compared to the Passport. It depends on what you're going to be using the phone primarily for. Purely messaging, emails, and calls? Classic! Reading documents, PDFs, Web browsing? Passport! I think that either way, you can't go wrong, but keep in mind too the Passport battery is far superior to the Classic battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 08:25 PM
    I came from Z30 to Classic 3-months ago. While I miss the screen size of the Z30, the Classic is a well built workhorse in my opinion. The battery life on the Z30 was better, but having said that, the Classic battery performance is more than adequate to cover a day's workload. If BlackBerry comes out with a Classic 2 having specs equal to the Passport, or better, I will most likely upgrade. Hopefully, they will continue to support BBOS 10, which I prefer over Android and IOS. Good luck with you decision!

Posted via Classic SQC100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    12-06-15 08:36 PM
    I have two classics. One blue one since August. Perfect. Other since last Christmas, perfect. No worries if you wanna get one.

The phone is exactly as advertised. Excellent keyboard and great for multitasking jobs, conversations and etc. I don't think I'll ever get another phone unless Classic 2 would come out with a really upgrading spec sheet
    12-06-15 09:11 PM
    I own a combination of Passport and Q10, which works wonderfully for my daily life and business. If you wish to get the Classic, go ahead and do it. With the current latest BB10 update, you'll be hard press to be disappointed, really.

Passport is another level of beast, naturally. If you're that much into BB10, this one is simply a must.
    12-06-15 09:42 PM
    My wife has very small hands and she loves her Passport for communications and even for media consumption. She NEVER keeps is in her pockets, but always in her purse. Her only non-blackberry social app is Wechat but it works great on the Passport.
    12-06-15 09:48 PM
    I have had the classic for around a year now. It is holding up nicely.
    Aesthetically, the plastic case I keep it in has scuffed up the sides of the phone, and the silver paint on the bottom right corner of the track pad is starting to rub off.
    Screen is perfect.
    Paint on the keyboard is perfect.
    No typing or squeeky key issues here (a few others have had issues with this)

No diminishing battery issues. On work days I use the phone for 10-12 hours a day for emails, PDFs, calls, bluetooth etc. (and a few breaks to check crackberry ) and at the end of the day I have around 30% battery left. Right now for example, I have 37%. Then I throw the phone on the charger overnight and repeat.
    The device monitor says 'average battery life: 23hrs'
    Considering switching to Classic, but How is your BB classic holding up so far?-img_20151206_224812.png

Also, since you will be new to the classic, here are some tips. Thank Slagman:

1. To minimize an app, press the call end button. Simple enough, but you can build on that. From the homescreen with the apps in active frame (minimized), highlighting one and pressing the back key will close it. So combine this with the fact that pressing call end will minimize it, if you want to outright close a program, all you have to do is press call end, then back, since it highlights the app you just minimized automatically. The benefits to this are that not only do you not need to move your thumb as much, but you can do this without looking at your phone. Swiping up and touching the x requires looking.
    2. While in an app, pressing the BB button will open the overflow menu (3 dots on the bottom right). If that menu has more than one page, simply swipe on the trackpad in the direction of the other page and it'll switch.
    3. To access the top menu inside apps, no more need to reach your thumb all the way to the top of the screen, simply long press the BB button.
    4. As long as the phone app isn't minimized (where you might have navigated away from the main phone log), when you bring up the phone app by pressing the call send button, the last call should be highlighted, so to quickly redial the last number, simply press the call send button twice.
    5. From the hub, holding the shift key and swiping up or down with the trackpad will start highlighting messages, let go of shift and you can start selecting messages that are not together by highlighting then pressing down on the trackpad. You can toggle already selected messages on and off by clicking on them. To cancel the selection, press the back button. Press the BB key to open the options for what you just highlighted.
    6. Long pressing with the trackpad does exactly what long touching on the touchscreen does. Trust me, this is super useful.
    7. To select text, just use the trackpad to where you want to start, then hold shift and swipe over the trackpad. Then to copy the text, just press the BB key to open the menu, "Copy" should be highlighted so you can just press the BB key again (basically press BB key twice). Then to paste the text, go to where you want to paste, and same thing, press BB key twice.
    8. In the camera, if you press and hold the trackpad, the camera will refocus, then when you let go of the trackpad it will take the photo.
    9. In an email, just press the BB button twice to send, unless you have text you have copied that haven't been pasted yet. If that's the case and you still want to send, make use of tip #2 and swipe in the direction of the "more" option on your trackpad, then hit the trackpad or BB key.

Posted via CB10
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-06-15 11:53 PM
    wow! This is amazing! thank you so much for a well thought out reply and yes I think i am convinced. hahaha!
    12-07-15 12:02 AM
    I have the BlackBerry Classic, Android and an iPhone. The classic is my daily driver for business. I spend more time on BlackBerry then any other device. I love my BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:11 AM
    I have the BlackBerry Classic, Android and an iPhone. The classic is my daily driver for business. I spend more time on BlackBerry then any other device. I love my BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:13 AM
    wow! This is amazing! thank you so much for a well thought out reply and yes I think i am convinced. hahaha!
    Oh, also, welcome to crackberry. Etc etc

Posted via CB10
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-07-15 12:14 AM
    If you get the Passport you won't want any other phone for the most part,I'd recommend getting the Classic and if you aren't fully satisfied up the ante with the Passport.
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-07-15 12:49 AM
    Classic for me just Works well for a communication device perfect size however limited in the app area but for me weather app twitter and a few more work fine have had it for 1 year zero problems .
    12-07-15 06:42 AM
    I've owned my Classic approximately 11 months. Its been great and I've not had any issues with it at all. I keep it in an otterbox case because I always drop my phones. My needs are pretty basic. Email, sms, bbm, calendar, photos for work, weather, news, calculators, facebook & twitter (light use, not essential), Crackberry and music player. For everything else, my S4 and Tab 8.0 pick up the slack.

Honestly, the only things that my Android devices handle for me are google play music and movies, netflix and hulu (mostly at home and on my tv), WWE app, banking and mint bills. I cant believe intuit doesn't have an app for this for blackberry (shame on them). All of these things I do when I'm home. So for everyday on the go stuff, the Classic is my number one. I use it in tandem with my At&t passport for its awesome screen size. Classic is a great in and out device. The Passport is my sit back and chill companion.

I'm a tech nerd, don't judge me
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-07-15 08:38 AM
    Thanks undefinederror, I was actually thinking about looking for the thread where I posted that so I could copy/paste it here, lol. Thanks for helping me out, although you are now officially an enabler of my laziness, haha.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-07-15 10:27 AM
    The Classic is a work horse. Once you get used to using the toolbelt and make full use of it, you'll realize just how quick it is to navigate around and to get things done. The downside to all of this is that you get stuff done so quickly you are left with too much free time where you don't know what else to do, lol.

So many times when I'm with friends and we come out of a movie or something, or just took some photos of an event and we decide to post some things or look something up, I get everything done and I reholster my phone and I look around and all of my friends are still staring into their phones plucking away at their touchscreens, still doing the things I finished doing 5 minutes ago...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    davisgq and ahlescrocro like this.
    12-07-15 10:32 AM
    Classic has been awesome for me. Holding up perfectly under pressure from busy days and lasting long through the slow days.

I haven't used Passport as the daily driver but from what I've been told by people who use both (ladies that is) the Classic is much better. I've seen a number of Passports in ladies hands mind you but they love it too much to try the Classic.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    ahlescrocro likes this.
    12-07-15 10:32 AM
    the only two apps I need from an android device or an IOS is Uber and Pushbullet. I have tried blackbullet(however it's actually called) from Blackberry World, it has not worked once or ever for me. :/ I rely on it too much(multiple times a day to transfer files with my friend) to ditch my iPhone completely. Hopefully, something better gets developed soon. I am kind of forced to use an iPhone..
    I've owned my Classic approximately 11 months. Its been great and I've not had any issues with it at all. I keep it in an otterbox case because I always drop my phones. My needs are pretty basic. Email, sms, bbm, calendar, photos for work, weather, news, calculators, facebook & twitter (light use, not essential), Crackberry and music player. For everything else, my S4 and Tab 8.0 pick up the slack.

Honestly, the only things that my Android devices handle for me are google play music and movies, netflix and hulu (mostly at home and on my tv), WWE app, banking and mint bills. I cant believe intuit doesn't have an app for this for blackberry (shame on them). All of these things I do when I'm home. So for everyday on the go stuff, the Classic is my number one. I use it in tandem with my At&t passport for its awesome screen size. Classic is a great in and out device. The Passport is my sit back and chill companion.

I'm a tech nerd, don't judge me
    12-07-15 02:13 PM
    Thanks for informing! Yes, I think I am getting the classic even though it has lower specs than the passport. I need a phone that can run around with me a lot. Also, I never carry a handbag or a pouch or use a flipcase for my phones.(suggested by many girls on the passport forum) Classic probably suits my lifestyle a lot better.
    Classic has been awesome for me. Holding up perfectly under pressure from busy days and lasting long through the slow days.

I haven't used Passport as the daily driver but from what I've been told by people who use both (ladies that is) the Classic is much better. I've seen a number of Passports in ladies hands mind you but they love it too much to try the Classic.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-07-15 02:19 PM